Does obsidian not realize....

That loose and lose are two different words and have different meanings?

There are at least two points in the game where the subtitles use loose when the character is obviously saying the word lose.

lose,

to be unsuccessful in retaining possession of: he's always losing his car keys.

loose,

not fastened, restrained, or contained: loose bricks

at least there are no there, their, they're confusions... but still... kind of sloppy

i would also like to express my displease with some of the animation in the game, it wasn't terrible, it wasn't good either, seems they just took most of the stuff from kotor1 and didn't bother adding anything to make the situations in the new game look any better

some of the scripted sequences are pretty bad too, your ship crashes and you're dragged out by someone and lying outside... ok... fine

your ship crashes again and your whole group is lying outside, no explination

it could have been a quick... "ouch im slowly crawling out of the ship... fade to black" but no... nothing

the pathing is also terrible all around but that seems like another issue left over from the original game

i still have high hopes for NWN2, i really hope they can pull off some nice looking animation and scripted sequences

when they look cheesy it just gives the whole game a cheesy feel, although i can ignore most of it and enjoy the game still (and i am loving kotor2), i dont think i should really have to

ok, now nagging at obsidian because of mis-spelling is really stupid, i have noticed alot of mis-spellings, but i am not nagging at them, they were rushed so expect things like this.

Besides some major slowdowns that i can't explain or find the causes of, the game works fine for me.

The slowdowns don't stop me from playing the game, i just wish i knew what was causing them.

ok, now nagging at obsidian because of mis-spelling is really stupid, i have noticed alot of mis-spellings, but i am not nagging at them, they were rushed so expect things like this.

Besides some major slowdowns that i can't explain or find the causes of, the game works fine for me.

The slowdowns don't stop me from playing the game, i just wish i knew what was causing them.

have you tried the trick where after getting into the game you turn off then back on a advanced video option to reset the video (like soft shadows)? this clears up my slowdown if it happens... of course it has a chance to come back the next map change

it is nitpicky of me to nag their spelling, i agree

i just wanted to get it off my chest... *phew*

Hit it right on the nail. Bugs and large amounts of ending content that got cut is something to complain about. Incorrect gramar is something you just point out so it can get put in the next bug fix. Going on a rant about something so insignificant is pointless.

That loose and lose are two different words and have different meanings?

There are at least two points in the game where the subtitles use loose when the character is obviously saying the word lose.

lose, 

to be unsuccessful in retaining possession of: he's always losing his car keys.

loose, 

not fastened, restrained, or contained: loose bricks

at least there are no there, their, they're confusions... but still... kind of sloppy

i would also like to express my displease with some of the animation in the game, it wasn't terrible, it wasn't good either, seems they just took most of the stuff from kotor1 and didn't bother adding anything to make the situations in the new game look any better

some of the scripted sequences are pretty bad too, your ship crashes and you're dragged out by someone and lying outside... ok... fine

your ship crashes again and your whole group is lying outside, no explination

it could have been a quick... "ouch im slowly crawling out of the ship... fade to black" but no... nothing

the pathing is also terrible all around but that seems like another issue left over from the original game

i still have high hopes for NWN2, i really hope they can pull off some nice looking animation and scripted sequences

when they look cheesy it just gives the whole game a cheesy feel, although i can ignore most of it and enjoy the game still (and i am loving kotor2), i dont think i should really have to

Do you not realize the basics of capitalization?

"ok, now nagging at obsidian because of mis-spelling is really stupid, i have noticed alot of mis-spellings, but i am not nagging at them, they were rushed so expect things like this."

I know you won't; but please stop it. I agree that nagging over grammar errors is pedistrian; but blaming it on them being rushed is pediantric. The sloppiness is there because OBSIDIAN made mistakes. They are the developers. Period.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm sure won't nag about spelling, provided I'm also bad at it :">

but it's good to point out where they're wrong so they can fix it. And the "rushed" thing can not be excused for dialogue! (yes we know this game is rushed, but it appears people use this as an excuse for every problem, no matter it's applicable or not). The dialogue remain the same, and the Xbox version is already out for months before, the change between PC and Xbox is about the coding program and optimize some feature, so ?

Well, there is people who like Ob and those who is not, but don't be overprotective. As said I won't nag about mis-spelling, but it's not wrong to point that out, and the person who did it surely is not stupid ;)"

My issue with KotOR 2 is what I call 'diminishing greatness'. Early on, I found this game better than KotOR in *every way*, and KotOR was my favorite RPG ever. But then you get things where the dialogue and subtitles don't match, where contextual references don't make sense, where you get the same dialogue options over and over ...

... and later you start getting things that don't connect, for instance some NPC says goodbye and leaves, but if you return they are there and start up the dialogue from scratch. Or, you get directed somewhere, and your dialogue choices include things you weren't told. Or, later still, you try to have a follow-up conversation after a major event with one of your party, and it *identical* to one you had on-ship well before, basically ignoring that major event, but also significant other stuff that happened in between.

It is still a very good game, and my review I'm working on will reflect that ... but it appears that the story needed some serious editing (or perhaps WTF-ing), and much more quality control pre-production.

And while I had some slow-downs, I had only one crash ... less than HL2, VtM: Bloodlines, MoHPA or Doom 3 ...

Mike

I can forgive typos in the subtitles because a) they were under a harsh deadline and b) I only have them on so that I get the Success or Failure notification with influence and persuade so I'm not really looking at them unless I need this info. If there were an option to only show that when necessary but not any of the words (unless it's in an alien language of course >_< ) it would be awesome.

One of the things I can understand is a couple of spelling and grammar mistakes in the game. You have to consider the sheer amount of dialogue present.

Now, this wouldn't normally be an excuse, but considering how quickly Lucasarts rushed this thing out at the developer's expense, it is at least a legitimate screw up. Actually, most of the things concerning the game's quality can be traced back to LA - all the undesirable things relating to performance, plot, and polish. All three were rushed.

However, if there is one thing that annoys me more than spelling errors it's certain people abusing semi-colons to appear intelligent. Not all sentences need semi-colons; most can do with just a simple full-stop; it's not that hard and makes you look less pretentious; try it some time.

I know you won't; but please stop it. I agree that nagging over grammar errors is pedistrian; but blaming it on them being rushed is pediantric. The sloppiness is there because OBSIDIAN made mistakes. They are the developers. Period.

Do you mean pedantic? If so, I'm lost. Unless you are making some point about Obsidian accidentally misusing/misspelling words (which is what I assume you meant by the pedistrian thing), but I don't remember them making a mistake this confusing on any playthroughs or inventing words. I'm not flaming you here, I'm just curious about the point you are making.

As far as spelling concerns, acquiring a writing degree has made things such that I can't really read anything in print that has many grammatical errors or misspellings without wanting to chuck the television/memo/bill/whatever out the nearest window. Typos such as loose/lose are less unnacceptable for me (I guess I'm less irritated when I think I'm reading something by a lazy person than a mor

m

on), so Kotor2 didn't especially give me any strokes.