European -> North American voices

Mano

Hi everyone :thumbsup:

I'm from France and bought the game on the release day, and the game is full french...

The translation work (especialy the voices) is great, greater than many games actually, but i like keeping the "original voices", just like the movies and such.

I was kinda disapointed to see there were no option to choose the language (just like Kotor I actually, so i wasn't really surprised)...

So I was just asking myself if it was possible to change the french voices into the original "english speaking" ones?

I'm just taking a shot here, i don't know if there's an easy way to do it, or any way at all, but i know i'll enjoy the game better if in english :wub:

Anyway thx for possible answers :D

Mano

Actually there are people in france giving away the "subtitle files" as a patch for people who bought the game overseas...

So i think u can get the subtitles somewhere, shouldn't be a big problem. Voices are more touchy because the file (if replacement is possible) must be pretty big and hardly sendable by mail and such...

I'm still hoping someone knows how lol

The voice directory takes 600 MB in my hard drive. It would be quite hard to get the English voices. But if Lucas Arts thought about releasing the game on DVD, this may have been possible.

Your only solution is to wait for rebates on the game price and pick it on English sites such as Play.com, Amazon.co.uk or even Gamestop if you like paying 25$ for a two days delivery. That what I did for the first one. Then you will have to replace the dialog.tlk with the french one. I'll be worth of it is the voices are like in the firts KotOR: the French voices were not so bad and even good, but the English ones outperformed them, especially for Malak.

If I remember correctly, some people who were looking for the usused sound files from the game ran across French soundfiles in the English game. If the French soundfiles are in the English game, it stands to reason the English soundfiles are in the French game. But I am completely unsure about whether I am remembering correctly, or whether I am just talking crap.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

If I remember correctly, some people who were looking for the usused sound files from the game ran across French soundfiles in the English game.  If the French soundfiles are in the English game, it stands to reason the English soundfiles are in the French game. But I am completely unsure about whether I am remembering correctly, or whether I am just talking crap.

I offer english dialog.tlk in exchange for italian dialog.tlk

contact give and i would give u free right now