Darth Nihilus. Pathetic.

Funks

At least Malak did some running around to heal himself and power up. The downside was that it gave me time to heal, though. But in KotOR II the bosses didn't "do" anything. So you could just hit them over and over.

Vrook did..

I had to force breach him on several occasions and he still had that master healing.. Couldnt choke him either ;)

The battles tend to be VERY fast because you have insane ammounts of damage flying around on each side. Even with master absorb I was still getting thumped for 40's by Sion. Once fully "enlightened" he went in a couple of seconds. Most fights dont last long enough for any sort of power use to occur. I swapped out the uber sabers on the Ravager and Nihilus was using death field right and left. Otherwise by the time he realises that healing would be a good idea he's already dead..

If you consider that your "average" PC is going to be using master speed and master flurry (possibly critical) then your dishing out really loopy ammounts of damage. First time Kreias sabers had killed me before I could even blink..

Armoured Jedi are VERY hard to hit and you can armour them to the point where they can shrug off pretty much anything..

I think the rules are flawed myself. I also dont see how fighting an easy Malak 5 or 6 times is entertaining..

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Malak was more challenge than any of the competiiton in KOTOR2. He actually had me using using the uber helaing paks. I used ZERO of them in KOTOR2. Bah. One of the big reasons is that you simply couldn'yt spam force powers non stop. And, your sabre didn't do 40+ damage without trying.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Malak was more challenge than any of the competiiton in KOTOR2. He actually had me using using the uber helaing paks. I used ZERO of them in KOTOR2. Bah. One of the big reasons is that you simply couldn'yt spam force powers non stop. And, your sabre didn't do 40+ damage without trying.

Maybe you have just gotten better and more used to the system. You could spam force powers non stop in KOTOR...

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I agree that jedi can do alot of damage quickly, but there are ways to prevent that from downing the boss too quickly.

My main character had something like this:

Level 27

Jedi Guardian 15

Jedi Weaponmaster 12

No armor (robe)

Dual wielding light sabres.

Unbuffed:

Stats: 34 18 14 16 26 14 - 376 hp - 415 force - 34 defense - saves: 20 20 24

Attack: +50/+46

Damage: 27-52/18-50

Buffed:

Stats: 39 23 19 21 31 19 - 430 hp - 467 force - 47 defense - saves: 28 28 32

Attack: +52/+48

Damage: 29-54/19-51

This is pretty hard to defend yourself against normally, so even Darth Traya with 1029 hp didn't last long. So to prevent the fight to be over in one second, I personally prefer some way to try and wear down the player. Maybe some gas in the room that is constantly doing damage to you, while healing her, random lightning bolts shooting down from above, and Traya jumping out of reach when she gets hurt, and then throw her light sabre and force powers at you when you can't reach her.

And I thought the Malak fight was tougher than any of the jedi battles in KotOR II, so having to fight him 5-6 times was challenging and fun.

I agree that jedi can do alot of damage quickly, but there are ways to prevent that from downing the boss too quickly.

My main character had something like this:

Level 27

Jedi Guardian 15

Jedi Weaponmaster 12

No armor (robe)

Dual wielding light sabres.

Unbuffed:

Stats: 34 18 14 16 26 14 - 376 hp - 415 force - 34 defense - saves: 20 20 24

Attack: +50/+46

Damage: 27-52/18-50

Buffed:

Stats: 39 23 19 21 31 19 - 430 hp - 467 force - 47 defense - saves: 28 28 32

Attack: +52/+48

Damage: 29-54/19-51

This is pretty hard to defend yourself against normally, so even Darth Traya with 1029 hp didn't last long. So to prevent the fight to be over in one second, I personally prefer some way to try and wear down the player. Maybe some gas in the room that is constantly doing damage to you, while healing her, random lightning bolts shooting down from above, and Traya jumping out of reach when she gets hurt, and then throw her light sabre and force powers at you when you can't reach her.

And I thought the Malak fight was tougher than any of the jedi battles in KotOR II, so having to fight him 5-6 times was challenging and fun.

See if you make a boss that will stand up to that sort of character then they will kill a lesser character without much effort.

I gave up trying to find challenge in RPGs towards the end of the IE series..

Mine wasnt challenging or fun. Malek runs around the corner and using lighting. I laugh because he dosnt seem to realise im immume. I smack him with master flurry and he runs off. Repeat till he runs out of tanks and then he dies. Because he was invulnerable during his recharge phase the whole thing was stinky cheese.

KOTOR II's battles while easy had a very good star wars vibe.

KOTOR III must have a disarm feat and force pull though. So you can do the old lightsaber goes flying out of your hand thing.

478327[/snapback]

"The flaw isnt in the game, it's in the rules. Exactly the same with KOTOR except it didnt kick in quite so soon. Fast leveling dosnt help, but it only brings things forward."

Nonsense. It's in the game. These are Sith/Dark Jedi. They should have access to the same force powers as the player. They should have the same powerful equipment as the player. The flaw is very much in the game; not the rules. I didn't even bother to truly learn about the different sabre stances as I never felt the need. Even after finishing the game; I couldn't tell you the difference between them. That's one new fetaure that could have been cool that was absolutely wasted.

They scale up with you so the higher level you are the more powers they have.

They havnt been scouring the galaxy for equipment like the player so that makes no sense. If you want to fight them on an even keel dont upgrade anything. It's no different really to fighting Malak with a capacitance belt.

The differences are not very extreme but again that down to the rules. The forms would have had a big impact at low level much like a Jedi Weapon Masters + to damage would. But at level 30 +6 to damage is negligable when you consider what sort of enhancements and crystals you can put in.

Use the highest saber form, a keen saber *2 and master critical strike and you can take down Sion in a single blow.

I think the hardest battle was Vrook though. Assuming you do Dantoine first you dont have a lot of powers to choose from and most dont work on him at that stage.

yep, Dantooine was my first planet after Telos.

Vrook was very tough. I don't know if I could have taken if I wasn't able to "hide" behind the trees.

"You could spam force powers non stop in KOTOR..."

Nowher enear as much as KOTOR2. You could actually run out of force points if you spam too much. That simply did not happen in KOTOR2.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

am I the only one who found Traya challenging? On difficult level she stuns me for 3 rounds and kills me in 2 hits. I had well over 300 hitpoints.

I'm worried about how my sith lord caster character will do. She doesn't use light sabers, but only force powers. I only have a strengh of 10 and dext of 12. Killing Vrook was very hard.

The Jedi on Nar Shadaa was a little easier though. I could use insanity on him. It worked about half the time.

I don't know, I find killing opponents easily rather fun. What interests me in RPGs is the story and developing relationships and soscializing with characters etc etc. I get bored AND rather annoyed when I have to kill hordes of enemies, and some very difficult bosses to gain what I consider small amount of experience. Having said that, my consular/jedi master didn't have much problem on Normal difficulty, except the early levels, when I had few powers and my NPCs were relatively weak. As a player, I don't buff up before each and every battle, unless I am forced to. I think Sion and Kreya were acceptable as bosses. Naturally, whenever you encounter a boss, you use your best strategy (or force power) to defeat him. If I can't run a good distance with master speed and throw force waves against a boss, I don't think that cutting him with a lightsaber would do any good either. Sion and Kreya were ok, at least for my style of play. But I admit that Nihilus was a let-down. Ok, he dealt a considerable amout of damage with his saber, as did all bosses. But yes, he was quick to kill. And his character was begging to be put to better use in a role playing game. For me, the real disappointment was the way the story unfolded and the ending. The ending was awful. It was really anticlimactic. I was waiting for some really good dialogs, choices to be made that mattered, some romance dialog, SOMETHING. But no, just an idiotic video.

Back at KOTOR 1, when Malak appears in sequences, it doesn't really affect the plot when it should not. I mean, in KOTOR 2, when Kreia raises the Wookie or does some other stuff, it's obvious that she's up to no good. Malak's sequenced didn't take away an part of mystery or interfere so much with the plot as Kreia's did.... PHEW!! I'm getting tired of writing... I just need a HUGE patch for this game that will fix the plot and add some sequences and dialogs so bad.... :thumbsup: