Darth Nihilus. Pathetic.

Funks

I agree... I beat Sion the first couple of times with Force Push only. Despite the fact that he wasn't frozen of the move, yet it was hilarious battle. I saved before the game and then just for fun, I put on me Force Immunity, Master Force Speed and Master Force Valor. Then I pounced him. He didn't had the chance. Well, it was three times battle than what I did to Traya. She was easier even than Sion.

Yeah, I guess it would be funnier to have the bosses reatreating with minions. But I guess that the minions wouldn't do much better, after I was cutting through Malachor like Wolverine's claws into butter. I imagine everybody that beat the game didn't have much difficulty beating it up.

I was Guardian 16/Weaponmaster 10, I had +37/+40 attack with two saberblades. I doubt that most people of here got better stats than me, but I didn't bother getting all of the best Crystals and Parts for the lightsabers as well as all of the greatest goods. After all I was cutting through everything.

The story mattered for me. And although I don't agree with the "female" Revan, it was great story. I think that in the next game, they should turn their look on something different than Revan-Exile story-line.

The story mattered for me. And although I don't agree with the "female" Revan, it was great story. I think that in the next game, they should turn their look on something different than Revan-Exile story-line.

Yes, but for me a great story also needs believable villains, in terms of rpgs! I didn't feel anything for any of the villains in KotOR II.... Nihilius was pathetic, Sion was..... I don't know.... there, Kreia was in your party nearly all the time, being neutral.... and I don't believe anybody who says that they didn't know all along that Kreia was one of the bad guys... it was so obvious!

Your point on looking at something other than Revan-Exile story-line..... but don't you think that there needs to be some closure on the subject? I would be a bit disapointed if the ones who make KotOR 3(If it comes out at all) doesn't follow up on the main characters of the previous games!

Umm...right at the start when you meet Atton, he'll talk about Revan. If you tell him that Revan was a man, he'll be referred to as one for the rest of the game.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I found the Darth Traya battle fairly challenging. People are saying she's easier than Malak? Maybe I suppose. If you fought Malak the hard way.

I thought my guardian/weapon master could take anything with over 300 hitpoints. But at difficult level she was tough.

spoilers ahead:

I read though that if you don't give her good dark side force powers when levelling up, she won't use them in the final battle. Is this true? My first time through, I gave her some good dark side force powers, and she used them on me, and I couldn't resist the saves.

I had to do some running around to defeate Traya.

I agree with you all.

It's not that he was a piss-easy boss, it was that he was the coolest boss ever, i mean, speaking pure evil, that mask etc. I'd have liked to know his character.

But we get nothing on him. nothing, except the little cutscene with him in

Some of you may have noticed he had special combat animations. But he was barely able to use them, before panting on the floor like a little girl.

Umm...right at the start when you meet Atton, he'll talk about Revan.  If you tell him that Revan was a man, he'll be referred to as one for the rest of the game.

So? Does Bastila make an appearance? If Onasi is there does he have different lines beside those that obviously is clear that he loves (female) her? We don't wanna Revan bisexual... :ermm:

I would have thought it way better to leave Nihlius alive, since OE couldn't come up with anything better than that (or more presumeably, simply didn't have the time).

I hope he somehow survived and will back in KOTOR3. Then I demand to see his face. It was pretty lame that I couldn't just walk there and see, but I could ask Visas to take his mask. :ermm:

I just remembered that when I was fighting Nihilus, I was all buffed up with force powers and shields and ofcourse I kicked his ass real fast without even taking any damage, but when he was about half on health an in-game cinematic started, showing Nihilius bringing Visas to her knees and Visas says that he is too powerful......?! :(

In general, game too easy... U gain levels too fast, become powerful, so about half of the game it's a walk in the park, just cutting down everyone like grass, don't even stop to heal up. Also, with Sion, they could've come up with something for player to do to stop Sion's revival rather than just stop it after 3 cycles. Lame! :D

i agree... the only relatively hard boss battle (to me) was when you battle Sion on Malachor mostly because u had to kill him 5 times (but even THAT was easy)...

Plus if it werent for the three Floating Lightsabers after you defeat Darth Traya, Traya would be almost as dissapointingly easy as Nihlus... ;)

yeah, but this three lightsabers aren't much of a challenge considering the fact that if you put Master Speed on yourself you'll take on with two attacking sequences with Flurry. 3 attacks by Flurry and 1 or 2 by Master Speed, you shouldn't have much of a problem with her. Also these lightsabers are quite funny. They were chasing me and I was running a bit for fun. After that I stepped on the main platform and the lightsabers were just standing there watchin me killing Traya like a piece of cake... Difficult, yeah?

The battles were easy in this game. The only time I was even remotely challenged was when I forced to play other characters - most noteablet Atton with the 2 assassin dancers and Mira and the walking carpet. Otherwise, it was a walk in the park.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The battles were easy in this game. The only time I was even remotely challenged was when I forced to play other characters - most noteablet Atton with the 2 assassin dancers and Mira and the walking carpet. Otherwise, it was a walk in the park.

Try it with Atton as a Jedi :D

The flaw isnt in the game, it's in the rules. Exactly the same with KOTOR except it didnt kick in quite so soon. Fast leveling dosnt help, but it only brings things forward.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"The flaw isnt in the game, it's in the rules. Exactly the same with KOTOR except it didnt kick in quite so soon. Fast leveling dosnt help, but it only brings things forward."

Nonsense. It's in the game. These are Sith/Dark Jedi. They should have access to the same force powers as the player. They should have the same powerful equipment as the player. The flaw is very much in the game; not the rules. I didn't even bother to truly learn about the different sabre stances as I never felt the need. Even after finishing the game; I couldn't tell you the difference between them. That's one new fetaure that could have been cool that was absolutely wasted.

The game is meant to adjust to your level.

I tried this out by upping my level at an early point in the game but leaving my droid the same. The droid was killed with one hit by NPC droids and didnt do any damage to them.

Returning my level to previous and all was fine.

killing boss characters in 1 or 2 hits is poor. So was killing all the lightsaber wielding sith with 1 hit.

THe difficulty needs to be doubled.

"The flaw isnt in the game, it's in the rules. Exactly the same with KOTOR except it didnt kick in quite so soon. Fast leveling dosnt help, but it only brings things forward."

Nonsense. It's in the game. These are Sith/Dark Jedi. They should have access to the same force powers as the player. They should have the same powerful equipment as the player. The flaw is very much in the game; not the rules. I didn't even bother to truly learn about the different sabre stances as I never felt the need. Even after finishing the game; I couldn't tell you the difference between them. That's one new fetaure that could have been cool that was absolutely wasted.

They scale up with you so the higher level you are the more powers they have.

They havnt been scouring the galaxy for equipment like the player so that makes no sense. If you want to fight them on an even keel dont upgrade anything. It's no different really to fighting Malak with a capacitance belt.

The differences are not very extreme but again that down to the rules. The forms would have had a big impact at low level much like a Jedi Weapon Masters + to damage would. But at level 30 +6 to damage is negligable when you consider what sort of enhancements and crystals you can put in.

Use the highest saber form, a keen saber *2 and master critical strike and you can take down Sion in a single blow.

I think the hardest battle was Vrook though. Assuming you do Dantoine first you dont have a lot of powers to choose from and most dont work on him at that stage.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Nonsense. It's the game's fault. Not the rules. Don't make exuses for poor balancing. And, no purposely nerfing my character is not an option.

I mean, sure, I could play naked with no items, restrict myself to no force powers or items to make it hard; but what be the point other than giving my self a gaming blow job? I'll pass. I play within the confines of the game. If it's too easy; its the creators fault. Not mine.

Nonsense. It's the game's fault. Not the rules. Don't make exuses for poor balancing. And, no purposely nerfing my character is not an option.

I mean, sure, I could play naked with no items, restrict myself to no force powers or items to make it hard; but what be the point other than giving my self a gaming blow job? I'll pass. I play within the confines of the game. If it's too easy; its the creators fault. Not mine.

Neither of the KOTOR games were made for Hardcore gamers they are both easy.

KOTOR II however gives you more room to make the game more difficult than KOTOR I does. Likewise by fully utilising the crafting system you can make the game a whole lot easier too.

Balancing a game where you have a choice of 4 planets isnt going to happen anyway. Even if you scale up the difficulty your still going to smash everything in your path with forcewave just like you could in KOTOR. The major difference is that in KOTOR you only had 5 levels of it. But in KOTOR II you can have it as you arrive on the first planet. It's quite evident that KOTOR rules are not designed to go above 20.

Your choice if you want to play the game that way then it's upto you.

478327[/snapback]

Whatever. My only offensive force power was stun )both living and droid). My strength ws 10. I barely used the item creation stuff. To blame the player for the game being easy is pretty sad. KOTOR1 was easy; but KOTOR2 is 1 million times easier. And, oh, you had an option of 3-4 planets in KOTOR1 as well. But, hey, continue being a Rah Rah Fanboy for Obsidian. Ther eis NO exuse for the game being this easy. None. Zilch. Zero.

Whatever. My only offensive force power was stun )both living and droid). My strength ws 10. I barely used the item creation stuff. To blame the player for the game being easy is pretty sad. KOTOR1 was easy; but KOTOR2 is 1 million times easier. And, oh, you had an option of 3-4 planets in KOTOR1 as well. But, hey, continue being a Rah Rah Fanboy for Obsidian. Ther eis NO exuse for the game being this easy. None. Zilch. Zero.

Why not you just said KOTOR was easy and KOTOR didnt have crafting which pretty much proves what I was saying.

I didnt find it any easier than KOTOR with the only exception being the super cheesey Malak battle battle.

Since the only variable is the player then it is down to the player whether or not it is their own fault. If KOTOR II was like the Ninja Gaiden of RPGs then it would be beyond many peoples abilities, thats just the way it is.

Str is irrelevent with finesse and the damage range on a saber, nice try though :-

478327[/snapback]

It's not so much that it was extremely easy (as in not a single fight was challenging at all), but the opponents didn't use any tactics.

At least Malak did some running around to heal himself and power up. The downside was that it gave me time to heal, though. But in KotOR II the bosses didn't "do" anything. So you could just hit them over and over.

Compared to other RPGs, this is rather disappointing. Like in Baldur's Gate, Sarevok had all kinds of minions - which made it a difficult fight. In BG2 you had to hack through alot of protective spells to even be able to hurt the boss. In ToB you had the minions, boss retreat, more minions, boss retreat etc. Even if you slaughter the boss, the fight will still be drawn out because of the "tactics". IWD also had the minions, retreat, more minions, traps, retreat thing. Same with NWN:HotU.

Even if Nihilus was easy, I would prefer it if he had an unstopable uber force push to send you to the other end of the bridge whenever he needed to heal or buff. And if you weren't careful he could uber force push you into open space. Oh, and since he could stun you all without a save, he should just keep your weaker companions stunned throughout the whole fight.

I don't like just giving the boss twice your AB, Defense, HP, and saves - but give them a tactic to draw the fight out. What I prefer is a very high difficulty level on boss fights, though. I mean... it's a singleplayer game, you have quicksave/quickload. Make the fight so difficult you have to quickload a few times before you figure out how to beat him. Like in Hordes of the Underdark my wizard didn't even have any spells prepare that could actually hurt the end boss. ;) So I had to try a few times before I could take him down. Like it should be in my book, yo!

And to not sound too negative... I liked the game alot (while not extremely satisfied with the half-finished ending), and found the roleplaying part challenging and fun. But not a single fight with my main character was challenging.

:)