Darth Nihilus. Pathetic.

Funks

As I understand, upon confronting the Exile, he was meant to perish.

BUT -the way the confrontation was handled leaves something to be desired. It's not so much a problem a about the easiness of the fight, as one about lack of proper introduction for Nihilus. Besides the fact that he immediately ends up crawling on the floor panting makes things worse.

I gather that there are cut scenes involving Nihilus as well; even one including an encounter on Peragus. It's obvious, I think, that we get to see the 'abridged version' in the game; the original conception must have been different.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I was really.... really, really disappointed with Nihilus and not just him! Why were all the bosses so easy to defeat? I mean, if you compare the fight against Malak in KotOR with the bosses in KotOR II, they are quite pathetic! I just loved the final battle against Malak in KotOR... he was really tough... that was a real boss fight!

And why oh why did Obsidian make Nihilus talk nonsense!? I just read in one of the other posts what he ACTUALLY said, but why didn't they translate it in the game?!

Like mentioned, he is completely anonymous. You get some hints that

Kreia was his master for a time

, but other than that, nothing. Then you meet him and strike him down in 3 or 4 rounds and you're done. Fast in, fast out and no lasting impression. They should've just put Sion there and had him escape somehow.

At the moment I am working on making a mod to power Nihilus up.

Will tell you guys when im done.

I'm not really complaining about the difficulty level, cause I played it at normal.... it's not that, it's that you just stand in ONE SINGLE position and pound on each other until either the bad guy dies or you die... it's so stupid and not engaging!

The thing I loved about Malak in the final battle was that when he was low on health, he would take the life-force from the captured jedi... there were strategies involved.... if you was smart, you would kill the captured jedi before actually engaging Malak for real... THAT's a boss fight!!!

And is it just me or did all three bosses in KotOR II NOT use force powers? Cause none of them use force powers when I fought them..... no, that's not true... Kreia did use force powers on me once or twice..... :thumbsup:

He was already weak when you fought him due to teh masterful plot of Kreia(he spent quite a HUGE amount of energy to find not a single Force Sensitive) so we can safely assume he was almost dry :thumbsup:

IF he would`ve been at his full Force I`m sure u would`ve been stripped of whatever Force u may have had just like Traya did

In general, game too easy... U gain levels too fast, become powerful, so about half of the game it's a walk in the park, just cutting down everyone like grass, don't even stop to heal up. Also, with Sion, they could've come up with something for player to do to stop Sion's revival rather than just stop it after 3 cycles. Lame! :D

In general, game too easy... U gain levels too fast, become powerful, so about half of the game it's a walk in the park, just cutting down everyone like grass, don't even stop to heal up. Also, with Sion, they could've come up with something for player to do to stop Sion's revival rather than just stop it after 3 cycles. Lame! :D

Yeah. Even on difficult combat was resolved way too quickly. By the end you don't feel strong, you just feel cheap.

Currently I'm looking for ways to make the combat more amusing without completely gimping my character. I'm thinking of making a "Kung Fu Master" type character, Consular/Jedi Master who fights unarmed. I'd probably use KSE to give him the echani feats that handmaiden has, which isn't entirely unreasonable when you realize how much of a difference it makes to be unable to customize your weapons (your hands).

Another thing I was considering was being a jaded fallen jedi who uses twin blasters, not 100% dark or light, but somewhere in between, doing what he feels like and blasting those who try to push him around.

The problem is not such much that he's easy to beat (because lets face it, all combat are easy in the game) It was the fact he was such a cool character concept, but was never flushed out. So instead of this super cool villain who could have added multiple of depth to the exile, you end up getting a tangled mess of unfinished plot threads.

He didn't have a proper background, history, conflict, or personality. He's just this guy that eats force, got tricked, and end up being killed by the exile.

As for the combat, on top of being starving, I'm sure attempting to suck force out of a dead force/force wound didn't help matter much.

Nihilus is mostly just a wild force, an ancestral fear, a destroyer that can't satisfy his hunger, i don't think he can really be a villain, is a wild beast that kills for instinct or a storm that destroy everything around him.

For these reasons i think that his role in the story is appropriate, expecially considering that is Kreia that is playing the game, not Nihilus os Sion.

He is something that have to be destroyed to save the galaxy, but is like a puppet in the hand of Kreia.

Probably now he is too wild to be directly controlled, but due to his primitive nature is highly predictable and can still be lured and manipulated.

I liked to see something more about him too, maybe the destruction of Visas world, but i think that a more persistant role will not be appropriate the character and for the game.

As i see the game it is more like a path of enlightment than a war between good/evil.

Nihilus is mostly just a wild force, an ancestral fear, a destroyer that can't satisfy his hunger, i don't think he can really be a villain, is a wild beast that kills for instinct or a storm that destroy everything around him.

For these reasons i think that his role in the story is appropriate, expecially considering that is Kreia that is playing the game, not Nihilus os Sion.

He is something that have to be destroyed to save the galaxy, but is like a puppet in the hand of Kreia.

Probably now he is too wild to be directly controlled, but due to his primitive nature is highly predictable and can still be lured and manipulated.

I liked to see something more about him too, maybe the destruction of Visas world, but i think that a more persistant role will not be appropriate for his role and for the game.

As i see the game it is more like a path of enlightment than a war between good/evil.

I would have liked to have seen what kind of Jedi Nihilus was before he turned. I would have also liked to have known how he became this wild beast of the force. Any resemblance of a personality would have been good too. Darth Nihilus is just Darth Maul with clown shoes if you ask me.

Cheers!

I would have liked to see what kind of Jedi he was before he turned. I would have also liked to have known how he became this wild beast of the force. Any resemblance of a personality would have been great too. Nihilus is just Darth Maul with clown shoes if you ask me.

Cheers!

lol :D

mah i don't think that even to know his past will be appropriate...

He is instinct now, he have no more personality, and even to know who he was will not explain what he is...

Kreia say that is no more a man, all he was before is dead, he have no more a past, no more a name (it seem the misterious stranger lol :blink:)

even when he die he have no more an identity, i think that the Exile was able to recognzie him if he looked under his mask, but the only one that do that is Visas and when you ask her what she saw she tells you "just a man"

This is quite a strong statement, and show both what he is really was, but also how he have no more any personality.

I don't buy the excuse that he was weak because Kreia tricked him.... that's not a valid excuse for making him so pathetic, easy to kill and by the way a very unsatisfactory story behind his character... you never get to know him as a villain or as a character, I think.

I remember that before I was to face Nihilus, Visas stopped for a couple of times and when she talked about him, she would build him up to be the biggest badass in the universe, saying he only saw stars and planets and everything else was beneath him...... well you know what happens next..... hack, hack, dead!

I don't buy the excuse that he was weak because Kreia tricked him.... that's not a valid excuse for making him so pathetic, easy to kill and by the way a very unsatisfactory story behind his character... you never get to know him as a villain or as a character, I think.

I remember that before I was to face Nihilus, Visas stopped for a couple of times and when she talked about him, she would build him up to be the biggest badass in the universe, saying he only saw stars and planets and everything else was beneath him...... well you know what happens next..... hack, hack, dead!

the power of Nihilus is not the power in the force of a sith like it could be Revan, is not the ability in the sabre as it could be Maul.

Is power is more terrible and is the power of destruction, is his hunger, he can destroy a planet full of jedi master and force sensitive with hit, "eating" their essence.

I really thing that he is so wild, so destructive that i don't think of any jedi/sith i know that can face him (maybe Kreia is the only one but is really just speculation), due to his nature he is almost unstoppable....

but the Exile have nothing to be leached, he is a hole in the force himself, against him Nihilus power is useless and here that he return to be "a man".

the power of Nihilus is not the power in the force of a sith like it could be Revan, is not the ability in the sabre as it could be Maul.

Is power is more terrible and is the power of destruction, is his hunger, he can destroy a planet full of jedi master and force sensitive with hit, "eating" their essence.

I really thing that he is so wild, so destructive that i don't think of any jedi/sith i know that can face him (maybe Kreia is the only one but is really just speculation), due to his nature he is almost unstoppable....

but the Exile have nothing to be leached, he is a hole in the force himself, against him Nihilus power is useless and here that he return to be "a man".

I understand where you are getting at.... when Nihilus tried to suck the Exiles life-force and he went down like a little crying girl, I also thought it was because the Exile was a wound and it therefore back-fired on Nihilus.... but you see, I thought that was why, it was never fully explained in the game the 'whys' and the 'hows'.... and I think that's why many people sit back with a feeling of disapointment!

If the theories you explain about was made in an in-game cinematic or something, then it would have been more satisfactory, I think.

.... but I still think they should have made him stronger and the fight more engaging!

Nihilus did have one heck of an impressive ship, though. That was a gorgeous bridge...

In any case, though, I do enjoy the saber animations of Nihilus's model. It's rather fun to fight, and experiment with using his model for your own character. If Nihilus wasn't fleshed in the story, they did do a really good job with his flourish and saber technique--he does look impressive when fighting against weaker opponents, especially with his economy of movement.

To the above poster: Nihilus's power of hunger isn't that impressive. Palpatine makes him look like a kitten. :(

His Imperial Majesty the Galactic Emperor perpetually leeched and lived off of the 19.8 billion inhabitants of the planet Byss, and he occasionally fed off of the essences of the trillions of Imperial citizens on Imperial Center. The Emperor also was able to use battle meditation on a galactic scale and influence events on the other side of the galaxy. Eventually, he intended to supplant his entire governmental system with Dark Side Acolytes and feed off of the life essences of the entire galaxy through them, since he had already incorporated his Acolytes into his being. At that point he would transcend mortality and become immortal and become apotheosized in his own right, not needing a mortal vessel once he became omnipresent.

The fact that Palpatine could have managed that, and actually DID do that with billions of people makes little Nihilus look like a cute puppy.

Nihilus was so consumed by his evil that it destroyed him. Palpatine had such power that he rose above it and used darkness as a tool; he was one of the very few that controlled the Dark Side, rather than having it control him.

Also, a Force Storm(not the KOTOR power) could have destroyed a planet just as easily as Nihilus could have.

in fact the battle against Malak wasn't so difficult. you punch-up him once and then go and destroy all the cells, containing Jedi. then you knock him for good. and he wasn't so difficult with my Light Side male protagonist. I would be satisfied if the final battle was with Bastila and Malak gives another tough oponent against her. thus you'll have to fight Malak and with your battle against Malak depends Bastila win against her oponent (a Rankor, or mega tough master Sith lord, or something).

or like after your battle with Bastila (if you play male) she'll help you with here Battle Meditation to win. Malak should be tougher and thus the Battle Medidation will give you the bonuses required to kill him.

Errm, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Darth Traya. Well I have three words:

Force Imunity, Force Speed, Force Valor. Bye, bye Sith Lord.

in fact the battle against Malak wasn't so difficult. you punch-up him once and then go and destroy all the cells, containing Jedi. then you knock him for good. and he wasn't so difficult with my Light Side male protagonist. I would be satisfied if the final battle was with Bastila and Malak gives another tough oponent against her. thus you'll have to fight Malak and with your battle against Malak depends Bastila win against her oponent (a Rankor, or mega tough master Sith lord, or something).

or like after your battle with Bastila (if you play male) she'll help you with here Battle Meditation to win. Malak should be tougher and thus the Battle Medidation will give you the bonuses required to kill him.

Errm, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Darth Traya. Well I have three words:

Force Imunity, Force Speed, Force Valor. Bye, bye Sith Lord.

Malak was definitely tougher than Nihilus, Sion and Kreia... right, we agree? I remember that Malak used alot more forcepower than those three.... put together!

But don't you think that - despite the fact that if you killed those captured jedi before Malak could drain them, he was also quite easy to finish him of - it was alot more fun to fight him than the three from KotOR II? Cause I found the battles against the three bosses non-engaging, cause you just stood in one single place and pound on each other all the time!

Wouldn't it had been fun if just one of the bosses, when nearly defeated, would retreat and then you would have to fight some of his minions before you can get to him for the second time!?