Here's a radical idea

Well, if LA and the developers decide to use a PC other than

Revan or the Exile, there actually is something they can do

other than introduce a complete NEWBIE to the mix.

Have you ever played Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance? Well, if

you have, then, at the beginning of the game, you had to choose

between a Dwarven Fighter, an Elf Sorceress, and a human Archer

(I believe). OK, bear with me, I know the difference between an

RPG and an Action/Adventure, really I do.

It seems to me that this whole story is about the True Sith and how

the Republic (actually a small band of heros) defeated the True Sith

once and for all. They did not wipe out evil once and for all but

they wiped out a powerful foe that was planning an all-out assault

on Known Space. That is where I believe the story is heading.

If that is the case, then Revan can still be an important part

(he dies during the mission and his Force Ghost becomes your mentor).

Also the Exile can be an important part (you find him in the Unknown Regions

and he is part of a multithreaded endgame).

But what of the PC? At the beginning of the game, you can choose ANY of the

Force Sensitive characters that were with you in either KOTOR I or KOTOR II.

That list, of course, would include:

Jolee

Juhanni

Bastila

Mira

Handmaiden

Disciple

Bao-Dur

Atton

Visas

I like the idea of a totally open-ended approach for the PC but I'd rather not

see it just yet, given where we are in the story. I think this idea is a good

compromise.

Plano

It IS a good idea. I like it... Choose your hero and send him flying.

Unfortunately that many main characters is unrealistic for the KotOR series.

KotOR games are no short ride, man. And just think about the amount of words a main character runs through during the course of their journey.

Each of those characters would need a seperate line set for every single dialogue tree in the game. And then for every set there would have to be a seperate set of NPC reactions..

That's just WAY too much dialogue, man. WAY too much.

Well, they don't need to record all dialogues made by the PC. In the other games, the main characters did not speak (Oh, yes, in the fisrt one, Revan said some words when asked to lockpick something, poisoned, critical miss...), so I would not care if my character does not speak in the third KotOR, even if it's one of the Jedi we already know. Obviously, they could record the most important lines.

Except for a dead Revan, I actually think that idea has something to it.

not trying to hijack my own thread here but I personally think that the best way to deal with Revan at this point is to kill him. Or, put more nicely, to die a glorious death for the Republic.

Revan is the greatest of the Force Sensitives. He is, ultimately, the epitome of a Grey Jedi who bends both good and evil to his own will, to what he deems is best.

He was taught by the second-greatest Grey Jedi, Kreia.

But epic struggles are about the black and white, good versus evil. Revan should not be a goodie goodie and neither should he be a cruel megalomaniac like Palpatine. By killing him off at this point, you immortalize him as the ultimate Grey Jedi who allowed others to save the Republic from an alien threat.

Not only does it make sense storywise, it also helps gameplay-wise. It allows another protagonist to enter the stage and gives the Exile (if they use him) more importance. Hell, with Revan gone, the Exile could be your mentor.

If they do open it totally up (i.e. no Jolee or Bastila as the PC), I want to see Twileks and all the other force-attuned races as possible PCs.

Plano

See, that's why Revan must survive. He must become the leader of what is in effect, a new Jedi Order. All the old guard is dead. Only the Exile, Bastila, and Revan remain of those who were trained in the old ways. It is up to those three to reforge the order and save it from the failings of the old one. Without Revan, that guidance is gone.

An even more radical idea for the KotOR III PC would be having one of the True Sith trainee as PC. He/She could have been trained by Revan of the Exile infiltrated in their ranks. This would be quite original to be grown first in the Dark Side way of the Force and then go to the light or something like this.

Anyways,I dont much like the idea of having one of the old NPC's as your PC. I like my char to be my own, and one that I made up.

Well, for what it's worth, I doubt they would do that.

I predict that the devs will:

* have a brand new PC

* kill off Revan (or allude to his previous demise)

* you end up trying to catch up with the Exile and compare notes with him

I hope for:

* lots of options for the PC (including non-human)

* you start off on Coruscant

* you get formally knighted (on Coruscant)

* the Exile has a major part in a multithreaded endgame

I'm pretty sure Vandar and Zhar are dead.  As for the third Twi'lek, I can only assume he has also died, as he is never mentioned in either game, except when you talk to him.

I don't remember their demise being specifically mentioned in KOTOR II. Anyway, even if they were believed to have died, they could make an unexpected return.

I want something farther along in the timeline, maybe the republic is conquered and there's a small resistance that will mount a comeback with a pc leading the pack, after all, Kreia did say the Republic will fall. This way, if there's a conquered Republic, that means that there's a huuuge amount of sith lords, possibly fighting amongst each other who could stumble upon and incur the wrath of the true sith.

It seems to me that this whole story is about the True Sith and how

the Republic (actually a small band of heros) defeated the True Sith

once and for all.  They did not wipe out evil once and for all but

they wiped out a powerful foe that was planning an all-out assault

on Known Space.  That is where I believe the story is heading.

Right now they would just wipe out another powerful foe that was planning an all-out assault in the Known Space.

I mean we already have the Vorg and it looks the next story arc is the "Vorg-like except with force powers" (they are even making Troy Dennings write it ... Troy Dennings ...) and even if they are using another race the "True Sith" it cannot be, they all died over 1000 years before the game started and those WERE the Sith, they cannot make new Sith without end up looking as just another Sith since its impossible to use the original Sith without end up being fan service of the worst kind and ignore (even more) the material they are using as background to a point that makes the original material and what it was meant to achive useless.

drakron.png

* you get formally knighted

For me, that would make any game perfect. A Jedi-Knight ceremony or a Sith-Knight ceremony. It'd also be a great ending to the KOTOR series. Of course, it'd have to be an interactive ending. No scripted endings for us. :thumbsup: (Or maybe it would be the start of the game - you get knighted and sent on a quest. How medieval)

Fnord.

* you get formally knighted

For me, that would make any game perfect. A Jedi-Knight ceremony or a Sith-Knight ceremony. It'd also be a great ending to the KOTOR series. Of course, it'd have to be an interactive ending. No scripted endings for us. :p (Or maybe it would be the start of the game - you get knighted and sent on a quest. How medieval)

Actually, the whole possibility of an end sequence where you are knighted shakes my belief in the need to have the PC be Revan or the Exile. It would be truly fitting to have you be knighted by one of those two (assuming they went LS). You would be the first Jedi of the new Order, destroyed by the Jedi Civil War and the Kreia/the Exile. It would be very fitting indeed.

they cannot make new Sith without end up looking as just another Sith since its impossible to use the original Sith without end up being fan service of the worst kind and ignore (even more) the material they are using as background to a point that makes the original material and what it was meant to achive useless.

well, if they decide not to "change the canon" (not really suggesting that a video game could do that), then maybe what appears to be the True Sith is really just some sort of powerful, self-aware anomaly of some kind that is just beyond the outer rim. The Exile has a greater connection to this anomaly than anyone else and that is what Kreia was trying to exploit. Of course, how you defeat this anomaly without Spock or Data, etc is anyone's guess.

It'll be a new Level 1 character, regardless of how they handle the Revan/Exile storyline. After all, you can do an expension for the PC, but not for the X-Box. How would you keep a character without some kind of auto-Leveling a la Hordes of the Underdark. Besides, it's much more difficult to come up with high level enemies. Everyone would be like Malak. (Sion and Kreia can't hold a candle to him.)

The story line left enough room for whatever storyline you desire in KOTOR 3, regardless of DS/LS ending. They're almost the same ending, with one slight exception which is easily corrected with the appropriate storyline adjustment.

I think there will be a power vacuum with the core of the Jedi Order and Sith ripped out by the end of KOTOR 2. Therefore, there will be a brand new Jedi Knight/Sith/Force Sensitive who will be recruited by both the Jedi and Sith to rebuild their respective orders. If Revan or the Exile appear, I hope the Story adjustments are more than just cosmetic. Why did they even bother?

I want something farther along in the timeline, maybe the republic is conquered and there's a small resistance that will mount a comeback with a pc leading the pack, after all, Kreia did say the Republic will fall. This way, if there's a conquered Republic, that means that there's a huuuge amount of sith lords, possibly fighting amongst each other who could stumble upon and incur the wrath of the true sith.

Kreia said the Republic will fall during millenia. It's not just after K2 ending. It's an obvious reference to the slow Republic erosion and it's fall described in the Prequel Trilogy...

• 2 weeks later...

i want there to be like a huge choice. You can side with the major enemy (and have him/her to work for you!) or side with the Jedi. You could get the other NPC's in your party, and then the last 2 or even 3 slots would be filled with either the sith lords or jedi masters. And their could be a romance plot involving you and one of the jedi/sith. Oh yeah, you can still train NPCs to be jedi or sith, so in the end, your entire party (minus the droids) is sith! (or jedi). Anywho, thats just me.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body