Underestimating a Sith

I really hated it when, as a Level 20 Dark Side character who could snuff out human life like it was nothing, I encountered arrogant characters who discussed how weak I was, only to be fried in a nanosecond by Force Storm or Kill.

Why do all the enemy characters have to be so overconfidently stupid? I mean, shouldn't somebody be intelligent enought to beg for mercy in the hopes that they won't be killed?

"You shall not pass!"

Yeah, this is exactly what we don't want to see in KOTOR 2: More thugs... If all Sith are like Darth_Gandalf just said, I'm not surpised that the Sith empire collapsed <_<...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Even if these other Sith believed they could kill you, they'd be more sneaky about it.

Instead of trying to fight you head on, they'd pretend to bow down to you and then kill you when you least expect it.

In KOTOR 1, all the Sith had the brainless mentality of "I will fight you now to prove I am stronger, even though it's painfully obvious you are stronger".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I really hated it when, as a Level 20 Dark Side character who could snuff out human life like it was nothing, I encountered arrogant characters who discussed how weak I was, only to be fried in a nanosecond by Force Storm or Kill.

Why do all the enemy characters have to be so overconfidently stupid? I mean, shouldn't somebody be intelligent enought to beg for mercy in the hopes that they won't be killed?

ya if you even met some who are just now becoming a sith, they think that they are unstopable and try to kill a level 20 charter who is Darth Revan

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

ya if you even met some who are just now becoming a sith, they think that they are unstopable and try to kill a level 20 charter who is Darth Revan

True, but every damn Sith we meet weren't new Sith. And you'd think that even a few new Sith would have a common sense, right?

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Even if these other Sith believed they could kill you, they'd be more sneaky about it.

Instead of trying to fight you head on, they'd pretend to bow down to you and then kill you when you least expect it.

In KOTOR 1, all the Sith had the brainless mentality of "I will fight you now to prove I am stronger, even though it's painfully obvious you are stronger".

It would be interesting if one of the generic "masked" bad guys you defeat early on, later infiltrates your group as an NPC because he/she knows that he/she can't beat you head on.

It's the lure of the dark side. The sith, no matter how strong or weak they are, feel that the darkside makes them stronger. Bastila learned that it's not true when you beat her on the Star Forge. That's the weakness of the sith, their overconfidence. Palpatine was overconfident and Luke told him but ofcourse he didn't listen. I like when they are overconfident and then you wipe the floor with them. I guess their confidence doesn't have to be written all over their face like in KOTOR but it has to be their in one form or another.

It's the lure of the dark side. The sith, no matter how strong or weak they are, feel that the darkside makes them stronger. Bastila learned that it's not true when you beat her on the Star Forge. That's the weakness of the sith, their overconfidence. Palpatine was overconfident and Luke told him but ofcourse he didn't listen. I like when they are overconfident and then you wipe the floor with them. I guess their confidence doesn't have  to be written all over their face like in KOTOR but it has to be their in one form or another.

But just because that someone is under the influence of the dark side doesn't make them stupid. Malak knew enough to be Reven's apprentice. The way the Sith work, you are to submit to the stonger Sith until they are no longer stronger then you, then you attack them. You don't just become a student at Korriban and go out and try to kill Darth Reven.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

It's the lure of the dark side. The sith, no matter how strong or weak they are, feel that the darkside makes them stronger. Bastila learned that it's not true when you beat her on the Star Forge. That's the weakness of the sith, their overconfidence. Palpatine was overconfident and Luke told him but ofcourse he didn't listen. I like when they are overconfident and then you wipe the floor with them. I guess their confidence doesn't have  to be written all over their face like in KOTOR but it has to be their in one form or another.

But just because that someone is under the influence of the dark side doesn't make them stupid. Malak knew enough to be Reven's apprentice. The way the Sith work, you are to submit to the stonger Sith until they are no longer stronger then you, then you attack them. You don't just become a student at Korriban and go out and try to kill Darth Reven.

what he said.

Just because Sith are lured by the Dark Side, doesn't mean they're brainless thugs who attack anyone just to try to prove they're stronger.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It didn't really surprise me that most of the run of the mill sith were brainless idiot thugs. I just wish the more top level ones like the ones in the temple who recognized you had been smarter. What also annoyed me was that the only way the game let you be evil was by being a brainless idiot thug. A good villian like Darth Vader wouldnt have walked around randomly force lightninging people and killing them for 50 credits and stuff like that.

Malak obviously wasn't too smart. He a lot of brute force, but not a lot of genius. He obviously found a way to repower himself, but still beaten down. Why? Because his power was damagable. If he could think of something to regain his health and power, why not find a way to make sure it's not destroyed? Revan might or might not be stronger, but obviously smarter, light or dark.

Malak made two mistakes; his first mistake was trying to kill Revan when neither of them were ready (Betraying your master when you are both ambushed: it's not like he does not have more to deal with, he lost his jaw!), and his second mistake was not finishing Revan off.

Agrees with that the others have said. In Raymond E Fesits book, hilda (an old woman who is more than a first look would reveal) says that "Evil never anticipates the possibility of failure. That is it's weakness". The same should apply to the Sith in a sense; they can be blinded by their own power and greatness, so they may be careless in certain situations - that is to say, a few Sith that has just meet the main character with no idea of who he is at first, without takling a closer look at how strong he really is and attacks him are victims of this, so to speak, but they would on the other hand never be stupid enough to attack someone they clearly know is stronger/superior to them. If so, all the Sith of the Academy would have attacked Master Uthar everyday and thus there'd be no or VERY few pupils at the Sith Academy :p:lol:

I found it hilarious that the Sith that DID in fact recognize you as Revan were just as stupid as the everyday grunts. In case they weren't aware, there have been stories spreading about Revan's power dwarfing other force-wielders, even Malak. To think they had the audacity and stupidity to attack me and TWO other Jedi required a suspension of disbelief.

I found it hilarious that the Sith that DID in fact recognize you as Revan were just as stupid as the everyday grunts. In case they weren't aware, there have been stories spreading about Revan's power dwarfing other force-wielders, even Malak. To think they had the audacity and stupidity to attack me and TWO other Jedi required a suspension of disbelief.

Yeah, in cases like this, it feels kind of ridicilous. They often explain it away by "We serve Malak", but I ask you since when have Sith been known for being foolishly loyal when clearly out-numbered and out-powered?

Malak obviously wasn't too smart. He a lot of brute force, but not a lot of genius. He obviously found a way to repower himself, but still beaten down. Why? Because his power was damagable. If he could think of something to regain his health and power, why not find a way to make sure it's not destroyed? Revan might or might not be stronger, but obviously smarter, light or dark.

Malak made two mistakes; his first mistake was trying to kill Revan when neither of them were ready (Betraying your master when you are both ambushed: it's not like he does not have more to deal with, he lost his jaw!), and his second mistake was not finishing Revan off.

I sort of liked that about Malak. When peopel are crafty and evil I tend to have some respect for them at least, but when they are just stupid brutish idiots who blow up entire planets to try and kill one person and that one person still manages to escape, it makes them more dislikable.

Yeah, in cases like this, it feels kind of ridicilous. They often explain it away by "We serve Malak", but I ask you since when have Sith been known for being foolishly loyal when clearly out-numbered and out-powered?

Well, since most of the Sith have shown themselves to be quite stupid throughout the game, I would say the Sith have been known to be foolishly loyal even given bad situations :lol: Or they're excuse is that they're stupid.

Agrees with that the others have said. In Raymond E Fesits book, hilda (an old woman who is more than a first look would reveal) says that "Evil never anticipates the possibility of failure. That is it's weakness". The same should apply to the Sith in a sense; they can be blinded by their own power and greatness, so they may be careless in certain situations - that is to say, a few Sith that has just meet the main character with no idea of who he is at first, without takling a closer look at how strong he really is and attacks him are victims of this, so to speak, but they would on the other hand never be stupid enough to attack someone they clearly  know is stronger/superior to them. If so, all the Sith of the Academy would have attacked Master Uthar everyday and thus there'd be no or VERY few pupils at the Sith Academy :):lol:

Emperor Palpatine was the biggest example of "grand evil". Whatever happens, something will always goes his way. Except when he died. That was his biggest mistake. :D

I sort of liked that about Malak. When peopel are crafty and evil I tend to have some respect for them at least, but when they are just stupid brutish idiots who blow up entire planets to try and kill one person and that one person still manages to escape, it makes them more dislikable.

Agreed. I liked Malak too, actually, but as main evil guy, he didn't really fit the bill. If you ask me, it was more like the Redemption of Revan, or the Return of Revan.

I'd like it if some were just idiots.. But once you got known in the Sith ranks/world. They fear/respect you for the most part.

some events for example:

one sith dude who is moderately strong hasn't heard of you and talks some smack, has his friends tell him who you are an like, your a lord or whatever. He asks for mercy etc, you have the choice to kill him or humiliate etc.

Or you just walk by and a lot of them you can hear talking about you in the backround like 'Damn thats really him', they suck up to you etc.. At least until they think they can beat you.

I would haved liked it if after I conquered Korriban, the sith on like Manaan wouldnt be so idiotic. I would have liked it a lot if I could just kill everything on Korriban... lol.

Ambrosia3.gif

I'd like it if some were just idiots.. But once you got known in the Sith ranks/world.  They fear/respect you for the most part.

some events for example:

one sith dude who is moderately strong hasn't heard of you and talks some smack, has his friends tell him who you are an like, your a lord or whatever.  He asks for mercy etc, you have the choice to kill him or humiliate etc.

Or you just walk by and a lot of them you can hear talking about you in the backround like 'Damn thats really him', they suck up to you etc..  At least until they think they can beat you.

I would haved liked it if after I conquered Korriban, the sith on like Manaan wouldnt be so idiotic.  I would have liked it a lot if I could just kill everything on Korriban... lol.

What he said, except for the walking around part, sounds a littl too much like Fable...

Wait, what am i saying? Be Fable already KotOR II! ;)

I'd like it if some were just idiots.. But once you got known in the Sith ranks/world.  They fear/respect you for the most part.

some events for example:

one sith dude who is moderately strong hasn't heard of you and talks some smack, has his friends tell him who you are an like, your a lord or whatever.  He asks for mercy etc, you have the choice to kill him or humiliate etc.

Or you just walk by and a lot of them you can hear talking about you in the backround like 'Damn thats really him', they suck up to you etc..  At least until they think they can beat you.

I would haved liked it if after I conquered Korriban, the sith on like Manaan wouldnt be so idiotic.  I would have liked it a lot if I could just kill everything on Korriban... lol.

Fear is important factor in Sith rule, but respect is more important. Because a unready, brutish apprentice, (such as Malak), will not be as fast to usurp Revan.

Malak did not out of fear as much he did out of power lust and contempt. IMHO.

It didn't really surprise me that most of the run of the mill sith were brainless idiot thugs. I just wish the more top level ones like the ones in the temple who recognized you had been smarter. What also annoyed me was that the only way the game let you be evil was by being a brainless idiot thug.  A good villian like Darth Vader wouldnt have walked around randomly force lightninging people and killing them for 50 credits and stuff like that.

Of course, the Sith in the movies are more refined & sophisticated.

To put things in perspective: For recreation, Count Dooku, Darth Vader, and Emperor Palpatine would all be lounging at a luxurious country club playing golf and reading books, while Darth Malak & his followers would be going to bars, getting hammered, and wake up the next day with hangovers and sometimes a naked stranger in bed. :);) :D