Can one play DS without being a jerk or thug?

I've just made a female darksider and going through citadel station, it seems like all the darkside opportunities revolve around needless killing, being a jerk or otherwise arrogant idiot. Why can't we be cool like darth vader? Hes like an evil James Bond. Revan also seems to be much like this.

Is it possible to play as a vengeful Jedi? Seeking to right wrongs through violence .. kinda like the whole going off to the mandalorian war thing seems to be for the exile? No matter how violent I try to achieve my good goals I can't seem to get more darkside than lightside, and my paperdoll still has blue glowie stuff ><

I don't want to be a bitch :blink: Maybe I should play as a man :p

It's more difficult to avoid being anything but a thugish DS'er, but it's easier in this game than KOTOR, at least IMO, given that many times you can make decisions that would be considered LS with either no moral change or a DS change depending on the rational.

However, it would be nice to play more of a Palpatine-esk manipulative SOB, especially with a Jedi Councilor/Sith Lord, or at least a less gratutious DSer. Evil doesn't mean stupid or crude, after all, but this isn't generally reflected well in alot of material, especially video games.

Part of the problem, I would say, is the treatment of the DS in the SW universe. It recieves the label of generic evil, without much development, almost like a cookie-cutter villian. Sure, some of it was covered in KOTOR 1 on Korriban, but for the most part, the Sith were the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil guys who killed people and broke things. Alot of this is different in KOTOR 2, especially with the discussions of Revan as a subtle evil, instead of the brute Malak is portraid as, but even that's revoked to a point at the end of the game.

I had the same problem playing a DS'er in Kotor 1. A lot of the DS options seem so poorly written that even a pompous coniving jerk wouldn't say/act like that. Eventually, just to get DS points, I'd put the clicker on the stupid DS option & close my eyes when I clicked. Just pretend there's a better option & don't look.