It's About Time Somebody Said It!

So who's to blame for this? Well, my friends, I did some digging around on the Internet, spent some time on various forums, and found some interesting information. There are massive endgame sequences fully scripted (in the screenplay sense, not the programming sense) that give your sidekick characters much more robust endings. There are even paths that can be taken where some of them will kick off, sacrificing themselves for the main character. Some of the dialog is startlingly moving and all of it would be much better than the poor attempt at Fallout's "glimpse into the future ending" that the game provides.

Gotta agree with him, short development time made Jedi Academy suck a whole lot of balls too.

That quote above though, have there been any scripts released for the removed sequences? Or is that guy just passing on rumours? Even just reading what happens would be good, and would make that last level of generic hallways and random enemies tolerable.

*Edit. Nevermind, found the thread. :">

I still don't see the bug part, but I do agree with the rush part. The sad thing is, Lucas himself would constantly whine at his producers for rushing Star Wars! Now, when he's in the money man position he does the same thing he STILL crys about being done to him. Someone needs to put a vibroblade in through his skull.

that was already posted.

i doubt anyone, even "fanbois", disagree with anything that was written.

Yep, agreed.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't listen to the BS the Resident Cynic dumps out. It's mainly garbage...

The game was great if you ask me. I grabbed the latest nVidia drivers and after that, I had no crashes. The game could have been better but then again so can anything.

What is said in that article is true.

Does LucasArts care? Probably not. The game sold very well and most reviews around the net don't mention these setbacks. I bought Kotor 2 without exitations because it was the sequel of Kotor and because I consider Obsidian a company made by talented individuals with a lot of background in the gaming industry. Sadly, all the skills in the world are not enough when you're crushed between budget considerations and timelines dictated by the publisher. And when someone like LucasArts comes with an important job offer, it's either take it or leave.

In the end, it's just us -a minority of geeks- complaining. And the industry usually does not pay attention to the ramblings of geeks when the louder sound of money coming from uneducated masses captures all its attention.

Well.. I am glad that someone is saying OUT LOUD what we have only been posting before.

Sadly, I don't think LA really cares.  So... how big a role to you think they will give JarJar in the next Star Wars movie?  :)

Meh all i know is he is on Alderaan when the Death Star gets comfy with its weaponry for the first time :geek:

:devil:

Yup, i really love the KOTOR franchise....KOTOR 2 started with a bang and had me really excited...the depth of interaction with Kreia was good...but the other NPCs were a let-down.

*****RANT-RANT-RANT*****

I did almost everything in the game including:

1) Doing every errand-boy quests

2) Talking with every NPC with the hope of new dialogue options (so much so that i prolly had to jab myself with hyperstimulants if Kotor2 was real-life)

3) Seen some map areas curiously unacessible, prolly due to scrapped sidequests

I spent 30-40 hours doing this, only to find that i was insulted for my efforts at the 'finale'. I know some people may say "What, 30-40 hours only?" or "Hey this game is replayable" etc etc....but i felt that the ending didnt justify the amouunt of effort i put into playing the game.

*****END OF RANT-RANT-RANT*****

Id be lying if i said the kotor2 sucked, but wished they didnt short hand it. I dont know if it was Lucasarts or Obsidian to blame, but based on LucasArts notorious reputation of "screw the gamers, let bring in the Holiday cash cow"...its not hard to guess who i think is responsible for the letdown.

IMHO, Obsidian has good repo themselves even though they are a start-up company. Perhaps they should stay clear of LA and have more collaborations with organizations like Bioware in future.

As for KOTOR III, im gonna hold on to my cash when it comes out...read the reviews in and out of forums, and then decide whether to get it or not. The reason i got KotorII in a heartbeat was cuz KotorI was an absolute hit.

If KOTORIII is another LA Holiday rush-job, im not even gonna get it. Prolly just read up the spoilers, just to know the story.

I still don't see the bug part, but I do agree with the rush part. The sad thing is, Lucas himself would constantly whine at his producers for rushing Star Wars! Now, when he's in the money man position he does the same thing he STILL crys about being done to him. Someone needs to put a vibroblade in through his skull.

Yes, god knows George Lucas runs all of his different companies by himself. I mean, of course he manages LucasFilm, LucasArts, Skywalker Sound, and the many others all by himself. Perhaps you have failed to realize that Lucas has hired people to manage these different companies, and trusts their judgement of whether a product is 'ready to be released'. But oh no, of course not. George Lucas purposely pushed this out the door for money. Blame LucasArts, not the man himself. I wonder if he even knows.

People, is the fate of every GOOD story about SW...

Think only about the First Trilogy...

End of A New Hope:

Death Star destroyed, Luke and Han hero of the Rebel Alliance, Darth Vader seems to be dead... Al least everything seems OK...

End of KotOR I: (Assuming Played in LS Mode)

Star Forge Destroyed, Revan reedemed and Hero of Republic and Jedi Council...

At least everything seems OK...

End of Empire Strike Back:

A Lot of Revelation, ("Luke, I'm your Father..." "Hey dad, my allowance?") a LOT of unresolved plots... (Han in carbonite, Luke without an hand etc...) The supremacy of Empire... People wait for Ep VI...

End of The Sith Lords: (Even I haven't completed yet...)

A Lot of Revelation, a LOT of unresolved plot, the Republic isn't in her best days... People wait for KotOR III...

"The Story repeat itself..."

People, is the fate of every GOOD story about SW...

Think only about the First Trilogy...

End of A New Hope:

Death Star destroyed, Luke and Han hero of the Rebel Alliance, Darth Vader seems to be dead... Al least everything seems OK...

End of KotOR I: (Assuming Played in LS Mode)

Star Forge Destroyed, Revan reedemed and Hero of Republic and Jedi Council...

At least everything seems OK...

End of Empire Strike Back:

A Lot of Revelation, ("Luke, I'm your Father..." "Hey dad, my allowance?") a LOT of unresolved plots... (Han in carbonite, Luke without an hand etc...) The supremacy of Empire... People wait for Ep VI...

End of The Sith Lords: (Even I haven't completed yet...)

A Lot of Revelation, a LOT of unresolved plot, the Republic isn't in her best days... People wait for KotOR III...

"The Story repeat itself..."

I wont bother with Kotor III unless they finish kotor II