Forum is too dark

MaglorD

The text in this forum should be white instead of grey to improve the contrast between the text and background. It's rather hard to make out the text if one is using an older computer with a CRT monitor with no gamma control. There is a Lo-Fi version, which is really clear, but it's only for reading and postings can't be made from there.

God, another ------- fanboy with the inability to see nuance, to appreciate the darkness and shades of grey found in real life! So it's sometimes hard to see what's going on: WELCOME TO REAL LIFE. Life is dark and hard and you can't, um, adjust it.

I'd, uh, like a new color scheme too if it's at all possible. I can read fine but the black background makes me sad.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

No it isn't. I have to turn up the brightness just to make out what the words are.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Okay, since no one else seems like they are going to . 

Ah hem..

"Its dark.  You might be eaten by a grue"

I've heard that quote several times when traveling the vastness, that is internet.

Where is it from?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The text in this forum should be white instead of grey to improve the contrast between the text and background. It's rather hard to make out the text if one is using an older computer with a CRT monitor with no gamma control. There is a Lo-Fi version, which is really clear, but it's only for reading and postings can't be made from there.

white text on a dark background is actually hard on the eyes. The light grey is generally easier to read because it doesn't bleed into the background and isn't as harsh.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Okay, since no one else seems like they are going to . 

Ah hem..

"Its dark.  You might be eaten by a grue"

I've heard that quote several times when traveling the vastness, that is internet.

Where is it from?

Its from those old text-based Zork games. Whenever you enter a room without a light source(torch, flashlight, crystal glowing thingy), it would display that message. I think you're actually eaten by a grue if you stay in a dark room too long.

Zork, eh? I should have known. Everytime I see it mentioned, it's done by a veteran gamer with eccentries. :)"

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Well, if you really want to force the page to look the way you want, use Opera or Firefox. Opera has author mode (normal), and user mode (you can make contrast B/W or W/B, disable tables, non-linking images, etc.). In Firefox you can switch off CSS stylesheets, so everything is plain B/W (pretty much the same as LoFi view). Or try Firefox + EditCSS extension. I am not sure about IE and Safari however.

Hmm, i have spent alot of my time at a Mortal Kombat forum. I couldnt find a forum that had the layout, and many other things that could top it...and be for a game i loved. Luckily i found this one, and the dark colours will go great with some of the sigs i have made.

The forums are great as it is.

Fnck, man. Go easy on the animated sigs. Those things look great, but...man...how they distract the eye!

kirottu said:

• 2 weeks later...
No it isn't. I have to turn up the brightness just to make out what the words are.

Gray is the gorgeous color of old DDR times, isn't it? I've always thought you loved it, my dear Honecker... :-

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he