Any Nvidia Problems?

So I am sitting here, having just bought the game and barely successfully installed it.

(Typos in the Install programs "Next Disk" dialog pathname "D:" needs to be "D:\" etc)

:wub: Havent even played and theres errors... I decided to see if there was a patch... just in case.

I come here and I see all these bugs, my first thought is... ive made a mistake and I should return the game to EB tommorow for WoW or something.

I can feel for the company tho... tech support IS A NIGHTMARE.

I am wondering what sort of problems are Nvidia users having? From what I have seen anytime someone here mentions a video card its ATI...

I suppose all those scripting errors are for everyone...

So whats a typical experience for an Nvidia User?

Any Tips?

Well I got the game 3 days ago and I can't get it to work on my Ti-4200 card , I get alot of the same problems as the ATI users, black screen of death if I don't get that my movies stutter or just crash, if I somehow make it into the game, I move around for 10 seconds pause then find my char jump a distance and then it crashes to desktop or reboots, with windows telling me my video card drivers are at fault.

so I'm also interested in hearing if there any other nvidia users who are having problems

When I played the original KOTOR, it was on a GeForce 4 Ti4400. I had similar problems until they released the 1.02 (I think) patch. Unfortunately, they used the old pre-patch code to make KOTOR 2 so that those problems are back. Once they release a patch, nVidia users should be fine.

I'm an ATI guy now, so I'm more cautious in my optimism.

I use WinXP Pro SP1, GeForce Ti4400, 66.97 driver (or the latest one if I got the version number wrong).

On this same computer, I have a few crashes in KOTOR1... once patched, the crash is gone.

Now in KOTOR2, I got crashes to desktop quite often - once about every 30 minutes. No black screen yet, no stuck in place yet. I'm only in Telos so far - got the game two days ago (the Asia Pacific version).

I play on a GeForce 4 64MB (drivers 66.93). I have some framerate issues when there is a lot of action on screen and there have been a few minor bugs, but nothing gamestopping. I'm 35 hours into the game and still have two planets to do, and the endgame. Awesome game. For me, only a minor patch would be needed. But even if there is not, it is playable so far. And enjoyable.

Well I got the game 3 days ago and I can't get it to work on my Ti-4200 card , I get alot of the same problems as the ATI users, black screen of death if I don't get that my movies stutter or just crash, if I somehow make it into the game, I move around for 10 seconds pause then find my char jump a distance and then it crashes to desktop or reboots, with windows telling me my video card drivers are at fault.

so I'm also interested in hearing if there any other nvidia users who are having problems

As I've said before, I had all kinds of instability problems with my Ti-4600 card using the 66.97 drivers. If you are using those and are willing to change them, I'd actually suggest going back to the 61.77 drivers. One person in the forums complained of their instability, but I've found that in my system they are actually much more stable than the 66.97 drivers. I've also been playing KotOR2 virtually crash free (I've had about 3 in the 30 hours I've played so far). So compared to everyone else's experiences I've had a pretty stable ride! :( Good luck with your problem...

I run KotOR 2 on an nVidia 6800 Ultra (MFD by Asus) on the 67.66 drivers. I have no problems.

My settings:

1280*1024*32 @ 72HZ

High Quality Texture Pack

16X Antistropy/Antistropic Filtering

16X Full Scene Anti-aliasing

Frame Buffer Effects Enabled

Soft Shadows Enabled

I am running the game on a Chaintech 5900 Ultra, AMD 64 3200+, 1024 MB RAM with 66.99 Drivers and everything was going smooth...

Until last night when I enter dialogue scenes. Only the bottom half of the "letterbox" is rendered leaving me with half a black screen and nothing above my chararcter's head except the NPC dialogue "floating" in mid air.

We know this game needs a patch and this bug was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I am not going to play it anymore until we get a patch.

Besides, as mentioned, regardless of video hardware, there are serious gameplay bugs like the Swoop Racing bug and others that basically make this game unfinished or unplayable because these are integral parts to the game if you do Swoop Bike Subquests like in the first KOTOR.

64mb GeForce 5200 FX GO (yes, it's a laptop) - P4 2.6, 512Ram >> and latest drivers!

I had no problems with the original, didn't even need the patch... rarely crashed unless I kept reloading to try out different dialogue options.

KOTOR 2 is a different situation... I had one black screen (I could hear my guy moving and could go to the menu screen, but couldn't see anything) when leaving the Jedi Academy (where you first meet Handmaiden)...

I resolved that by just playing the level over.

NOW i got an even bigger problem, I've come back to Dxun (from Onderon) and the dialogue works, finishes...

Atton comes into the screen and the game crashes (or so I think) the game appears to be fine, the mouse pointer is still visible and moves, but I can't do anything, and I can't even go to the menu screen. I have to quit the game.

I've tried a whole lot >>

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29715

if anyone has any suggestions I'm up for it

I have a GForce 4 Ti 4200 and i may and will have problems with kotor 2. I had the problem wit kotor 1 the c++ error, but then i got the driver for my card and had no crashes. If i have crashes for kotor 2 i well let u know. right now im waitin for the patch, gonna install it 2mr and see if any problems and wat they are, i hope my pc doesnt get messed, if not, i will wait for the patch and my card will be smooth free.