what does "darth" mean?

Yeah, at first Darth Vader was the name of well...Darth Vader.

It wasn't until later that it became a title for the Lords of the Sith after Darth Bane, the first 'Darth'

Darth Bane is the guy who started the whole law of the two thing. Only Two Dark lords at any one time, one the master and one the apprentice.

Bane lived about 1000 years before the first movie.

But this is all EU and therefore can probably be changed on GL's whim

Ok. Read this. Read it carefully. Both lines.

Darth Bane is the guy who started the whole law of the two thing. Only Two Dark lords at any one time, one the master and one the apprentice.

Now, bear in mind that KOTOR and KOTOR 2 are set 4000 years before the first movie.

Does this answer your question?

EDIT: Ok, if it doesn't answer the question, I'll make it clear. The law is: there shall only ever be two Sith AT ANY ONE TIME, a master and an apprentice. For example: Darth Sidious, Darth Maul.

KOTOR is set BEFORE the time when the law of two Sith Lords is made. Therefore, it doesn't exist in KOTOR and there can be as many Sith Lords as can claim the title.

Darth Plageus is Darth Sidious Master

Revan - Malak

Treya - Sion - Nihilus

*skip a few thousand years*

Bane - Aprrentice, creates law of two.

*skip another thousand years*

Revan - Malak

Treya - Sion - Nihilus

*skip a few thousand years*

Bane - Aprrentice, creates law of two.

*skip another thousand years*

Darth Plageus - Darth Sidious

Sidious - Maul

Sidious - Tyrannus (Dooku)

Sidious - Vader

Sidious - Maul

Sidious - Tyrannus (Dooku)

Sidious - Vader

Yes, Darth Dan is correct. The events of both KotOR's are placed on the 4000 BBY era of EU, while the Battle of Ruusan and Darth Bane is on 1000 BBY. BTW, I remember GL explaining the rule of two in some DVD or other by saying that if there was 3 Sith Lords, 2 of them would immediately ally against the third. Not the most unreasonable thing he has said.

SODOFF Steam group.

Yeah, at first Darth Vader was the name of well...Darth Vader.

It wasn't until later that it became a title for the Lords of the Sith after Darth Bane, the first 'Darth'

But this is all EU and therefore can probably be changed on GL's whim

No, it can't, unless GL wants to go against what he has already said. He has made the EU official - the EU games are made by Lucasarts, his company, and the books are now organised by Lucasbooks, also his company. There is an EU databank at starwars.com and now the books, and most (not all) of the games have been entered into Star Wars canon. An example of the games in Star Wars canon are the Jedi Knight series, KOTOR 1+2. An example of the games NOT in canon are Galactic Battlegrounds, Rebel Assault, etc.

Hey Tratious I think you seriously need to edit that post because you're into some kind of Star Trekkian timeline mess up.. I mean major major timeline paradox that would make Emmett Brown cringe.

why plageus was sidious's master how do you think palpatine became the master most of that is from this board anyway

No, it can't, unless GL wants to go against what he has already said. He has made the EU official - the EU games are made by Lucasarts, his company, and the books are now organised by Lucasbooks, also his company. There is an EU databank at starwars.com and now the books, and most (not all) of the games have been entered into Star Wars canon. An example of the games in Star Wars canon are the Jedi Knight series, KOTOR 1+2. An example of the games NOT in canon are Galactic Battlegrounds, Rebel Assault, etc.

Canon is just the movies, and maybe also the novelisations of them to a lesser extent. EU is the organized universe outside the movies that is kept consistent. Lastly, there is the stuff that's outside EU, like the games you mentioned, stuff that happens in "alternate universe", fan fiction, etc. EU is not canon and GL has invalidated some EU storylines with his prequels and will probably trash a few more with Episode 3. I do hope that movie would be done with already so the trashing of my beloved EU would stop.

SODOFF Steam group.

Dark Lord of the Sith:)

Definantly "Dark Lord of the Sith", Revan and Malak where the first to shorten that term.. it's kinda obvious they did, because Revan was the first Darth after the Ulic Qel-Droma thing, he and Exar kun wasnt "Darth" :)

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

I remember that it  translates to Dark father in a earth based language(I forget what scandanavian language) but that isn't what it necesarily means in the SW's universe

it was dutch .. Vader is not father in any scandinavian language ..

in danish we have "far/fader" German is "Vater" mix those and you have "Vader" and Dutch .. :)

and actually 'vader' means "walker" or "walking in a lazy way" in danish .. ;)

Fortune favors the bald.