I have a "damaged game"

I saved my game. Something happened, (hell if I know what), and now it's called "Game 0" on the saved game list and the time is 0H 0M. In the screenshot box it says "Damaged Game" with a black background. When I try to load it, I get a message saying "Saved game appears to be damaged and cannot be used. Press 'A' to continue." Anyone know how to fix this?

I saved my game.  Something happened, (hell if I know what), and now it's called "Game 0" on the saved game list and the time is 0H 0M. In the screenshot box it says "Damaged Game" with a black background.  When I try to load it, I get a message saying "Saved game appears to be damaged and cannot be used.  Press 'A' to continue."  Anyone know how to fix this?

I don't know how to fix it though I have an idea of how it happened, your xbox either lost power while saving or it locked up while saving thus causing the damaged file. I hope you had another save file so you can continue your game other wise you will need to start over.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I can't I was using the infinite hssiss spawn those 7 hours.

ouch!

I will give you a tip for this time around, save after every level is gained durning the Hississ cheat (some Xbox's are known to have problems as the ammount of Hississ build up something to do with all the calculations being used to figure out the XP). And always use atleast two save files per character (goes for the entire game as well).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

i had something like this but im not sure whether it is my xbox or not whenever i play the game it says 'your xbox does not recognise this disk .. please make sure its a blah blah blah...' but eventually after turning it on and off reloading the disk it works but all my other games seem to work fine first time...

• 2 weeks later...

Just got 4 corrupt saves in the span of 8 hours while on the planet of Korriban. The first time I had to repeat the whole area again. The next three times I was on the ship in Korriban upgrading and adjusting everybody's equipment. I was pretty liberal with my saves and eventually the game would freeze up while doing one. Teaches me to use the same save slots repeatedly.

This wasn't my first corrupt save from this game. It happened once before but I don't recall when since I just wrote it off as a rare one time occurance (I have gotten corrupted saves before from other games and from other systems). Now it has become a horrible annoyance. I'm wondering if it is due to my XBOX and not the game design. I noticed the XBox (MFG date: September 6, 2002) tends to act quirky after long 8+ hours play sessions with other games.

I should just pick up a new XBox.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't pick up a new XBOX until XBOX2 is realeased.

Plus all the modding being done to games inculding KOTOR. thumbsup.gif

Am I the only one who actually reads the little captions at the bottom of the load screens? They actually do give you good advice every once in a while, you know? Such as "Save often, and in different slots." :huh:"

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Am I the only one who actually reads the little captions at the bottom of the load screens? They actually do give you good advice every once in a while, you know? Such as "Save often, and in different slots.:-"

Meh, I learnt that lesson with the first KOTOR, after the galaxy droid, 7 Zalbaars, the game crashing whenever Canderous laid a mine, damaged saves..... ;)