KOTOR 3 Main Character

Which of the following would you like to play KOTOR 3 with?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would you like to play KOTOR 3 with?

• Revan
    • Exile
    • Revan and Exile
    • A new guy, with Revan and/or exile as cameos
    • A new guy without mentioning Revan and/or exile

Another Kotor 3 thread.

I swear some people don't like playing actual games, just thinking about them before they are made.

'I have a cool KOTOR3 idea. How about Revan and the Exile travel through time to the second death star and have to fight the emperor when he gets thrown down that shaft because he could survive the fall and then they'd be the real ones to save the galaxy cause Revan is way better then Darth Vader and he should be the one to kill the emperor. And, ooh, Vader could slip out of his suit when luke's taking it off the station and he could use the force to hold him together like Sion and him, Revan and the Exile could all survive the explosion and end up on the forest moon where they would have to fight each other to the death plus we could kill a bunch of ewoks, wouldn't that be sweet :geek: '

^

This just about sums up the content of just about every post of just about every KOTOR3 thread that I've ever had the displeasure to read.

uhhh, if we are revan or exile in kotor 3 we would end up being like level 75.  if you thought kotor 2 was easy... you wouldnt even need to have the xbox controller in your hand to win fights.  also, ok, lets say we are revan or exile and we start from level 1.....why?

well, if obsidian is sincere about wanting to rebalance and redo the rulesystem (or whatever the exact quote is), then its doable, as long as they spread the remaining levels over the entire game.

for instance, making it so you cannot go higher than level 30, which is still very high, but if all things are balanced accordingly, wouldnt be much more powerful than at the end of kotor2.

lets face it, levels and leveling up issues shouldnt even be a concern now based on the past two games.

uhhh, if we are revan or exile in kotor 3 we would end up being like level 75.  if you thought kotor 2 was easy... you wouldnt even need to have the xbox controller in your hand to win fights.  also, ok, lets say we are revan or exile and we start from level 1.....why?

for instance, making it so you cannot go higher than level 30, which is still very high, but if all things are balanced accordingly, wouldnt be much more powerful than at the end of kotor2.

so, with the level 30 thing. have revan and exile start from 1? what are you saying? exile finishes around level 30, if you dont do any level up exploits. and revan finishes at 20. i usually dont go into "hades" mode with this level up stuff but im just not sure how they can make revan and exile player characters in kotor 3.

Id lik to have some1 new as the main character but id lik to at least see some talk about Revan and maybe the Exile in the game lik people mentioning them.I also wouldnt mind seeing 1 of the 2 in person rather than just hearing people talk about it.Also it would be kinda cool to hear sumthin bout Kreia/Darth Traya too.

so, with the level 30 thing. have revan and exile start from 1? what are you saying? exile finishes around level 30, if you dont do any level up exploits. and revan finishes at 20. i usually dont go into "hades" mode with this level up stuff but im just not sure how they can make revan and exile player characters in kotor 3.

I definently AGREE...

Revan and Exile still have story to tell. Not having them as the PCs in the next game is dumb. To have New PC is repetitive, and useless. I don't want to see another character come long with some mysterious force power. Been there, done that.

Revan still has demons to battle, a war to win, a galaxy to save, and a girl to kiss. From his perspective is the only way your going to have a perfect conclusion to his story. Anyother way would dwindle the character beyond anything imagined.

Revan isn't to powerful. He can easly be tweaked to be weaker in the next game. Like having fewer force powers, and the powers that he has being level 1. Dont' say there isn't any way to do it, because there is. To say that it can't be done is a terrible thing to say to writers who have been known to prove many wrong.

KOTOR might be an RPG, but it's also a Star Wars Trilogy. KOTOR 3 is the conclusion, no time to search for the hero, or hardly even mention him. There is no time to waste in KOTOR 3. There's to much to do.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

While everyone loves Revan (because they think they made the personality, but oh look old revan is showing up...) and some of us love Exile, it'd be pretty hard to work them into K3. The way I see it is that they'd have to be Party Members or just NPCs - which is far more likely considering that they're both skilled tacticians. I see Revan planning the war itself and exile leading the charges.

Besides, Revan was like the most powerful Jedi. And Exile could get pretty strong when

feeding off of the deaths she made and her fellow force sensitives

so unless you can think up a way to bring them both to level 1 without memory wipe or leaving the order, it'd be really hard to do it.

Fnord.

This would be a bit difficult on the Revan side, since you kill about half your party if you go DS.

Hardly, the game would obviously have new npcs, that much is a no-brainer. And like K2 who appears in the game can be fashioned on how the previous games went. Naturally you could just choose who you want in your party, the others left over whether new or old well you can take them in ohter games, adds a lot of replay value if you don't get to see every npc with you in one journey.

In any case, as far Revan's old companions go, just give me Bastila and Jolee and I'm satisfied. Carth can stay as an important non-party npc Admiral like in K2 or he can rejoin the group, however the popular vote goes on that. Any others that interest me from K1 are already party members in K2 so just Bastila and Jolee is fine as far as the old crew.

I don't think it would be difficult at all, it would just take a very, very long time to develop a game with so many variations.

Every KOTOR game has a set limit on the number of NPC allies you get. KOTOR II gave you a choice between two and changes two automatically, depending on certain factors that can be looked up in spoilers.

What you suggest would take this and develop it much more. KOTOR II lacked ally-based side quests, which was disappointing, but it helped the entire choice in NPCs work with less work. I personally would have prefered ally side-quests, but I'm not going to get into that here.

Now, with DS Revan, you kill the Zalabar, Mission, the Cathar whose name I can't remember, Joliee, and possibly Carth (when I played, he ran away, dismayed at my treason). Assuming even half of them are included, that's a total of 2-3 NPCs who change based on back story, with assoicated dialog, comments, and missions, not to mention any taken from KOTOR 2,

such as a possible fight between HK-47 and G0-T0 that didn't make the final cut (it's in the sound files), along with other removed content such as the possible battle between Atton and Disciple and Visas and Mandmadien.

That's another 3 NPCs, for a total of 3-5 NPCs just from previous games. That's about a third to around a half of the 10 NPCs given in KOTOR and KOTOR 2.

It would require alot of work that, IMO, would improve the game, giving it a myriad of replay options depending on choices with Revan and the Exile. But can it be expected? I don't think so.

Another Kotor 3 thread.

I swear some people don't like playing actual games, just thinking about them before they are made.

'I have a cool KOTOR3 idea. How about Revan and the Exile travel through time to the second death star and have to fight the emperor when he gets thrown down that shaft because he could survive the fall and then they'd be the real ones to save the galaxy cause Revan is way better then Darth Vader and he should be the one to kill the emperor. And, ooh, Vader could slip out of his suit when luke's taking it off the station and he could use the force to hold him together like Sion and him, Revan and the Exile could all survive the explosion and end up on the forest moon where they would have to fight each other to the death plus we could kill a bunch of ewoks, wouldn't that be sweet :thumbsup: '

^

This just about sums up the content of just about every post of just about every KOTOR3 thread that I've ever had the displeasure to read.

If you have anything constructive to add, please feel free to do so. :thumbsup:

Revan and Exile still have story to tell. Not having them as the PCs in the next game is dumb. To have New PC is repetitive, and useless. I don't want to see another character come long with some mysterious force power. Been there, done that.

Revan still has demons to battle, a war to win, a galaxy to save, and a girl to kiss. From his perspective is the only way your going to have a perfect conclusion to his story. Anyother way would dwindle the character beyond anything imagined.

Revan isn't to powerful. He can easly be tweaked to be weaker in the next game. Like having fewer force powers, and the powers that he has being level 1. Dont' say there isn't any way to do it, because there is. To say that it can't be done is a terrible thing to say to writers who have been known to prove many wrong.

KOTOR might be an RPG, but it's also a Star Wars Trilogy. KOTOR 3 is the conclusion, no time to search for the hero, or hardly even mention him. There is no time to waste in KOTOR 3. There's to much to do.

What are you babbling about? Revan isn't too powerful? No, you're right, he/she's just level 20. Considering the level cap for K2 was 50, level 20 isn't too powerful. :p

Having Revan or the exile lose levels would be LAME, no matter how it was done. We have had that for two games already, talk about being repetitive. We need a game that can be played by itself, without depending on its predecessors. If Revan or the exile were the main PC, that would be difficult to do.

And to explore the whole True Sith Empire plot would be damn hard to do without losing the SW feel. SW is made in cantinas, spaceports, and battlefields filled with known aliens. Not in the dark halls of a forgotten cult in the other side of the galaxy in which dark side beasts roam free. Star Wars is not TotJ.

So, no. Leave Revan and the exile wherever they went. I want a new story.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It would not be Kotor 3 then would it, it would be like Return of the Jedi not being set in the conflict between the Rebellion and the Empire. There could be a way of doing Kotor 3 without going into the unknown regions and fighting an ancient cult.

Cheers

Dan

It would not be Kotor 3 then would it, it would be like Return of the Jedi not being set in the conflict between the Rebellion and the Empire. There could be a way of doing Kotor 3 without going into the unknown regions and fighting an ancient cult.

Cheers

Dan

Revan and the exile are in the unknown regions. You want a game about Revan and the exile. I don't see how a game can be made about characters that are in the unknown regions, without being in the unknown regions.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It would be make the whole gameplay kinda off if you played Revan as the main character and the Exile would be good as a pc. He should be looking for Revan. And the Storyline wouldnt be good if you had a game w/o mentioning Revan and the Exile, because one of the main points of the game is finding Revan. But that would be cool if you have either Revan on your team or the Exile on your team :D

Revan could be (DS)*

and Exile could be (LS)*

* Have choices at the beginning of the game like you did in k2, to determine what alignment Revan and the Exile are and who your gonna get depending on your alignment.

While everyone loves Revan (because they think they made the personality, but oh look old revan is showing up...) and some of us love Exile, it'd be pretty hard to work them into K3. The way I see it is that they'd have to be Party Members or just NPCs - which is far more likely considering that they're both skilled tacticians. I see Revan planning the war itself and exile leading the charges.

Besides, Revan was like the most powerful Jedi. And Exile could get pretty strong when

feeding off of the deaths she made and her fellow force sensitives

so unless you can think up a way to bring them both to level 1 without memory wipe or leaving the order, it'd be really hard to do it.

How about this?

They both fight each other because they do not recognise each other (Exile wearing Nihilis Mask and Revan using his Robe).

Revan's power balanced with the Exiles 'hunger' and they both get severly weakened... or close to death.

I don't see how we can have Revan or the exile as the PC this time around. I mean they are just too damb powerful not to mention that if they (the devs) decided to pick one over the other there would be riots on the streets from people wanting the other as the PC instead. The only way to solve this would be to either split the game into two (which would suck because you would just start getting into the game play then you would have to start all over again with another character), or to have a new PC which could level as normal.

I don't see why people are complaining about the game being slow should they decide to make it so that we start with a new PC, yeah we are going to have to learn where revan and the exile went after the end of KOTOR and TSL but that kind makes sense in the long run since NOT ONE gamer on these boards can acturately tell me where those two went, the best anyone can say is unknown space or sith space. So it would make sense that the player and the PC would have to first learn where the other two went before they could go there them selves. Also saying this game wont come out till XBox 2 is released it would make sense that the game could be twice as long as we have come to expect from a kotor title (i.e. 80-120 hrs) so why not take advantage of this and take a little time to figure things out rather than just having every past NPC standing outside the ebon hawk (we know the hawk will be back along with both driods) and having a 30 minute video that explains everything to you as to who they are who revan and the exile are and where they went and why they went there (I doubt this would ever be the case but my god the way some people talk this sounds like what they want, a quick easy answer to everything... the idea of the video explination would suck IMHO anyway). As I said in a previous post staying in known space for awhile would also allow the player to gather NPCs to take with them on the quest to find revan and the exile (purhaps even some past NPCs).

I guess there is an easier way around explaining everything (though it is the cheepist answer by far) and thats to set KOTOR 3 100 years in the future (TSL timeline of course) and just have someone talk about the histiry of revan and the exile (like they did in KOTOR when the historian and joelee talked about exar kunn).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

If you have anything constructive to add, please feel free to do so.  :(

Not to you specifically, but here goes.

A. Stop saying that Revan and the exile should both be in the game. What is the developer supposed to do, let you pick three heads at the beginning of the game? Furthermore, the number of permutations between the storyline variables with the two games makes planning out a storyline including the two jedi/sith impossible.

:(

B. Stop asking to have all the old party members back. Writers (designers) HATE working with other peoples' characters. Evidence: in Kotor2, Obsidian basically rewrote Revan.

:)

C. Stop speculating on a game that everyone who would know denies the existence of. When someone finally admits this is being made, use the message boards at that developmer's website if you find it necessary to beg for A and B.

:)

I don't see how we can have Revan or the exile as the PC this time around. I mean they are just too damb powerful not to mention that if they (the devs) decided to pick one over the other there would be riots on the streets from people wanting the other as the PC instead. The only way to solve this would be to either split the game into two (which would suck because you would just start getting into the game play then you would have to start all over again with another character), or to have a new PC which could level as normal.

I don't see why people are complaining about the game being slow should they decide to make it so that we start with a new PC, yeah we are going to have to learn where revan and the exile went after the end of KOTOR and TSL but that kind makes sense in the long run since NOT ONE gamer on these boards can acturately tell me where those two went, the best anyone can say is unknown space or sith space. So it would make sense that the player and the PC would have to first learn where the other two went before they could go there them selves. Also saying this game wont come out till XBox 2 is released it would make sense that the game could be twice as long as we have come to expect from a kotor title (i.e. 80-120 hrs) so why not take advantage of this and take a little time to figure things out rather than just having every past NPC standing outside the ebon hawk (we know the hawk will be back along with both driods) and having a  30 minute video that explains  everything to you as to who they are who revan and the exile are and where they went and why they went there (I doubt this would ever be the case but my god the way some people talk this sounds like what they want, a quick easy answer to everything... the idea of the video explination would suck IMHO anyway). As I said in a previous post staying in known space for awhile would also allow the player to gather NPCs to take with them on the quest to find revan and the exile (purhaps even some past NPCs).

I guess there is an easier way around explaining everything (though it is the cheepist answer by far) and thats to set KOTOR 3 100 years in the future (TSL timeline of course) and just have someone talk about the histiry of revan and the exile (like they did in KOTOR when the historian and joelee talked about exar kunn).

Well they are strong against fallen Jedi and normal gimps...

I wonder how they would handle a Ysalimiri or the actual Sith Empire

i think they should probably keep it exile based..it just seems so adjusted for it. But i think u should be able to control revan at some point and interweave the plots. They did a lot of that in the second kotor by splitting the groups up and playing with different people but these events went on at the same time just in different places.

What are you babbling about? Revan isn't too powerful? No, you're right, he/she's just level 20. Considering the level cap for K2 was 50, level 20 isn't too powerful.  :geek:

Having Revan or the exile lose levels would be LAME, no matter how it was done. We have had that for two games already, talk about being repetitive. We need a game that can be played by itself, without depending on its predecessors. If Revan or the exile were the main PC, that would be difficult to do.

And to explore the whole True Sith Empire plot would be damn hard to do without losing the SW feel. SW is made in cantinas, spaceports, and battlefields filled with known aliens. Not in the dark halls of a forgotten cult in the other side of the galaxy in which dark side beasts roam free. Star Wars is not TotJ.

yep

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well they are strong against fallen Jedi and normal gimps...

I wonder how they would handle a Ysalimiri or the actual Sith Empire

WHO?

I can understand that fallen jedi and gimps are fairly weak in the over all scheme of things, but who or what might I say is the Ysalimiri? :rolleyes:

Now the true sith empire might give them a run for their money power wise I can't say I really gave that much thought. I guess the devs could always explain away why the PC (beit Revan or the Exile) is back to level one by simply saying that the power rating is based off of the average power of people around them (i.e. gimps) thus making them a lot stronger than the norm but when compaired against someone/thing from the true sith emipre they would be fairly weak by comparison. Though this would be a fairly weak way of explaining it not to mention it would cause a rather large uproar from people who follow the D20 rule set like a bible *cough* Hades *cough* :- .

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Yslamiri is a creature that negates the force. On their planet then the force is dead... so imagine having your Uber lvl 20 Revan or your even Uber'eer Exile lvl 32 and place them in a situation where they cant use the force, or lightsabers... nice eh? ;)

K3 should have both the exile and revan.

For the first half of the game we would play as Revan ( this could set at the same time as K2). Then when we get to like the 15 hour mark in the story, the exile could turn up and team with Revan (obviously this half would be set after k2's events).

Also not a bad idea. This is similar to what I've been advocating for some time. I think I might like this better.

I really just want to see a situation in which the player may well be forced (at the end of the game) to chose between their characters and which shall live and which shall die, should they have taken different paths; i.e. DS Revan vs LS Exile and vice versa. That would be very cool indeed.

And in response to what was said earlier, yes, why shouldn't the developer allow us to create two characters? We recreate Revan/Exile, and when they show up in the game, they look just like we played them to look like. It's not overly complicated or even that big of an issue by any stretch of the imagination.