Dantooine and the lagging

ecita

Hey everyone, I was not sure if I should post a new topic, but after I got the game to work on my laptop (which has an ATI RADEON 9700). (the modified omega drivers link that was posted at the Lucas arts web site fixed my issue of the game crashing after each movie).

Anyway, I found a fix to fix the lagging on Dantooine. After getting out of the ebon hawk, and after entering most new areas, it was always getting laggy. I found a fix by going and changing the graphics setting, under advanced settings, I just changed something in there, like turning on and off shadows, turning on and off and such, As long as I changed something, anything in there, when I closed it out, it works till the next new area I enter. The problem I had occasionally is it would freeze up while trying to close out and get back to the game, but I just repeated this and it was a temporary fix at least for this weird bug in.

This fix also seemed to work when the character would be lagging, or running in circles, or all of a sudden end up on the other side of the area, or end up in a stand still running position with both legs in the air. At times I noticed everyone would be trying to catch up with me when I was on the other side, I almost thought it was a force power :( Fiddling with the *advance graphics* settings seemed to fix this problem also. I am going to also play this world on my other computer (that has an NVIDIA GFORCE FX) and see if I encounter that problem. Curious to know what kind of graphics cards you all have who are having these kind of problems? Please post and let us know if this works or if this is just another "ATI CARDS" only bug! <_<

@Eurmal

This dont fix it on my Computer.

Please Note:

I have NO Ati Card, i have Nvidia 6600GT from MSI and i have the same Probs.

Today i install the Patch 2.01.420 (German Version) and the "lags" are the same! :p (In level/chapter Citadel Station, on main floor)

When I bought me the Game i think i have a FINAL!???

My Hardware:

CPU: AMD64 3400+ Socket 754

GPU: MSI6600GT (ViVo)

Mainboard: ASUS K8N

1GB (2x512MB) DDR400-Ram (MDT)

Costs of the Game: 47 Euro... and now i can wait if the game runs in future without those probs, playable i mean....