NIHILUS REVEALED!!!

Even pop has some good bands, I'd say.

I think Cannibal Corpse is horrible. Most of my friends who are either metal fans or like all music tend to agree.

And you are right about R&B... I miss the glory days of bands like Muddy Waters.

EDIT: And by miss, I mean wish they made music that way, because I was nonexistant in the fifties.

Bah. Most death metal ends up sounding like a gorilla with drums and a microphone.

Then you are obviously listening to the wrong bands :p

Check out something by Opeth, Agalloch, Novembre, Edge of Sanity (especially the forty minute song, Crimson), or Arsis to see some well done.

Like all genres of music, death metal has a ton of crappy artist and some very, very good ones.

See my sig :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Aha! This definately does lend creedence to my theory about them being two halves of the same person.. or Nihilus being kind of the essence of Exile's darkside. Also makes a lot of sense of why Nihilus has come after Exile. Nice work! I want to hear those sound files now...

This fits nicely with the theory that Nihilis and the exile are two parts of the same person, separated by the exile's rejection of the force.

One thing that didn't make sense about this theory is Kreia seems to imply nihilus was around before malachor 5, dictating nihilus to be an "ancient evil". But then, Kreia is a well known compulsive liar.

She was only describing Nihilus' ability, not the Sith Lord himself.

Very nice additions to Nihilus story

I don't think that Nihilus and the Exile are the same person.

I'm more inclined to think that Nihilus, probably Sion and maybe even Keira herself where on Malachor V

We have many hints about what it could be happened but we don't know exactly what...

about Nihilus i'm inclined to think that it was a force sentivie soldier (jedi or not), or maybe even a sith in the academy.

i think is interesting the fact that Nihilus thinks that his essence or probably better his force where severed and cut by the Exile.

Is also interesting that the Exile compare the tragedy on Visas world to the battle of Malachor V.

Also if i'm not wrong, is stated that was the Exile to start everything, it could be that was because he lead the attack but also that was the hole in the force that he created that leeched or destroyed the connection to the force of all people on Malachor.

So a theory can be that during the battle due to the pain, the fear and the death all the force users where dying, they where no more able to "hear" the force but not even able to abandon the force.

Here that during the massacre the Exile chose to recide his bounds and this decision, the situation, the deaths created the hole in the force.

Due to the Exile natural links or by the raw presence of the hole all the essence of the living creatures present and of the planet itself where "absorbed" or destroyed in this hole that the Exile created, but some force user where able to survive to the massacre.

here that Nihilus for some reasons, maybe due to his ability to form strong bounds as the exile, was able to survive, fuelled by the dark side.

It could be that when his essence was drained in the hole he was able to leech some of the essence of other living behings around him that where suffering the same fate. This stolen essence was enought to keep him alive and here that Nihilus was born... He have no more his essence he is a hole in the force like the Exile now and to survive he is forced to fuel himself with the essence of other living behings, as he have done to survive on Malachor.

I think that Sion could have suffered a similar destiny, the fact that his body is so crushed can be due to the fact that he was on a ship that crashed on Malachor, Instead of Nihilus that survived absorbing other living essence and emotions, is it possible that he fueled himself using his own pain and hate.

And note that it seem that even Visas suffered the same fate as the exile, i think that is it possible that during the destruction of her world she left the force too and for this reason Nihilus was not able to kill her.

Probably Nihilus acted with her as Kreia is doing with the Exile, making her perceive te force due to a "life bound".

Long story short: I got a little suspicious of Nihilus' babbling so I took the sound files and played them backwards - THEY MAKE SENSE!!!

Okay, here's what he says:

During the cutscene where we first meet him and Visas:

Nihilus: You have sensed him? The one who stole my essense? Find him and bring him to me. If you lie... remember - your life is mine.

On your encounter with him on the  ravager:

Nihilus: You! Thief! At last I will be whole again... the essense... MINE!

When you tell him there are no jedi on Telos and this is all a trick by Kreia:

Nihilus: I did not come looking for Jedi... I came looking for you... and I have found you...

Nihilus: At last I will be whole... what you took from me at Malachor Five I will take back...

Nihilus: Stand with him, Visas, and you will fall...

Near his death:

Nihilus: No! Master... Traya... (or it could be Betrayal, I couldn't tell. The sound was fuzzy)

---------------

I don't know why the devs didn't let us figure this out with a "Translator", but there was suppose to be an encounter with Nihilus on Peragus. The block, however, was commented out in the scripts.

This should shed some new light...

My take on it: At Malachor V, when you lost the force, Kreia said "Many more were born in that dark crucible", maybe Nihilus was the result of the massacre, a force spectre like that person who made the theory thread in storyline discussion termed it. Kreia led him to believe you were the one who took his "essense" when in fact it's the other way around. So this dude's been eating other people's force to sustain himself since he "lost" his essense. But when he tried to suck you, haha, joke's on him.

So, he wasnt speaking baby ewok afterall.

Speed is key to this, play it at 0.30 speed and upwards.

I think that the way Kreia talks about the force is it has a will of its own. So when the Exile severed himself from its will he made a void. Now that has never happened before so it would literally be a paradox considering that the force is everything and nothing.

I think that Nihilis was spawned to either replace that void, or was not intentionally created but formed as a chain reaction to the void (Void = Nihilism, Nothingness), in turn he was there to bring everything else into that void...

Nihilus is obviously a regular Sith, but with some weird alterations. After you kill him on the Ravager, you can choose to let Visas remove his mask. If you do, and then ask Visas what she saw, she says "Just a man".

So he can't be just a force-phantom or something like that. My theory is that he was a Jedi/Sith at Malachor V, the disaster happens, lots of people die, a "ripple in the Force" (a la Alderaan) happens. If you think about it, if Obi Wan was able to feel the death on Alderaan from so far away, what would the impact be on force-sensitive people who were *right there*? The Exile--who is less dependent on the force than most Jedi, apparently--cuts himself off from the Force in response, or maybe is forcibly detached/weakened (which would explain why he thought the Council did it to him).

Meanwhile, Nihilus has the same thing happen to him, only he's unwilling to give up the Force. So he learns to drain the force from other people, though that will only "force fuel" him for awhile. Since the Exile caused Malachor V (and who knows what else happened there), Nihilus blames him for "stealing his essence".

So Nihilus and the Exile would be flip-sides of each other in that they both faced the same problem (being largely cut off from the force), they just chose to respond to it in opposite ways (giving up on trying to use the force v. stealing the force from others).

Personally I think Nihilius was a True Sith, especially seeing how he and the Holocrons spoke in the same tongue, and the holocrons were supposed to contain "Ancient Sith Teachings" Atris had collected. Also, he was refered to as a "wound in the force," just like the Exile and the True Sith! Not to mention the whole "Ancient Evil" thing. It also would explain why he was on Malachor V.

However, if it is true that the holocrons and Nihilius were just speaking backwards English, and that that is supposed to be the Sith tongue, I'm more than heavily disappointed.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

However, if it is true that the holocrons and Nihilius were just speaking backwards English, and that that is supposed to be the Sith tongue, I'm more than heavily disappointed.

Why? It certainly sounds good enough. The fact that you can get actual words by playing it backwards is just a nice bonus for those who felt like doing a little extra work.

Long story short: I got a little suspicious of Nihilus' babbling so I took the sound files and played them backwards - THEY MAKE SENSE!!!

Okay, here's what he says:

During the cutscene where we first meet him and Visas:

Nihilus: You have sensed him? The one who stole my essense? Find him and bring him to me. If you lie... remember - your life is mine.

On your encounter with him on the  ravager:

Nihilus: You! Thief! At last I will be whole again... the essense... MINE!

When you tell him there are no jedi on Telos and this is all a trick by Kreia:

Nihilus: I did not come looking for Jedi... I came looking for you... and I have found you...

Nihilus: At last I will be whole... what you took from me at Malachor Five I will take back...

Nihilus: Stand with him, Visas, and you will fall...

Near his death:

Nihilus: No! Master... Traya... (or it could be Betrayal, I couldn't tell. The sound was fuzzy)

---------------

I don't know why the devs didn't let us figure this out with a "Translator", but there was suppose to be an encounter with Nihilus on Peragus. The block, however, was commented out in the scripts.

This should shed some new light...

My take on it: At Malachor V, when you lost the force, Kreia said "Many more were born in that dark crucible", maybe Nihilus was the result of the massacre, a force spectre like that person who made the theory thread in storyline discussion termed it. Kreia led him to believe you were the one who took his "essense" when in fact it's the other way around. So this dude's been eating other people's force to sustain himself since he "lost" his essense. But when he tried to suck you, haha, joke's on him.

what file number is it? pm me

Hmm...Nihilus could well be a true Sith. The true sith were humanoids, i think. in kotor 1 it says 'Jedi outcasts setlled on the true sith homeworld, over millenia, the two peoples became one' if Naga Sadow would put his force wand into the Sith gene pool, they must have been remotly human looking.

on the subject of "force wand" in my ethnic language the term "nihilus" is used when something with a socket and a hook or plug loosens and slips.. :lol:

it is also used when the "force wand" slips and into the wrong hole... :thumbsup::o

so right from the start I just couldn't take "darth nihilus" that serious.. :p

:oo:)

Why? It certainly sounds good enough. The fact that you can get actual words by playing it backwards is just a nice bonus for those who felt like doing a little extra work.

Too high expectations.

I've always been a big fan of the Sith and their beliefs. So, naturally I expected the True Sith to be something out of this world in terms of power, appereance, and knowledge. I guess I just find the whole "speaking backwards in English language" idea pretty dumb. However, I'll just hope there's some really good reason for it.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

Too high expectations.

I've always been a big fan of the Sith and their beliefs. So, naturally I expected the True Sith to be something out of this world in terms of power, appereance, and knowledge. I guess I just find the whole "speaking backwards in English language" idea pretty dumb. However, I'll just hope there's some really good reason for it.

Gotcha. I'd never really thought much about the True Sith, so my thought process more or less stopped at, "Hey, that sounds damn cool."

Too high expectations.

Gotcha. I'd never really thought much about the True Sith, so my thought process more or less stopped at, "Hey, that sounds damn cool."

I thought it was sort of a nifty allusion to all the claims of 'play the beatles/chicago/etc. backwards and hear praises to Satan!'

Not that I ever saw the big deal. There are lots of bands you can play foward to hear praises to Satan! Much easier, if you ask me.

Personally I think Nihilius was a True Sith

The true Sith are pink with strange growths on them. They are more like arcane magicians than the Sith we're used to...

Remember the Sith on Freedon Nadd's Temple and that little ritual? That's more along the lines of what the "True Sith" would be doing--they're not like Nihilus.

However, it seems that Trayus Academy is an outpost of the ancient Sith Order so Nihilus was taught things about the Sith, but is not one of them.