Total War

Sereyna

I read an article released at the time of Medieval Total War, and it showed the would be sequels of the series. The first is Rome, which is already done, and the next one is Taiping Total War, set in 19th Century China, where you play as Imperial Chinese, Taiping Rebels , and Colonial powers such as Britain and France.

I was hoping to get a response from you, Monte.

It would be a shame if they made a game with a timeperiod after the inventions and widespread of gunpowder .. the weapon of focus should be melee, not guns

I agree with that, and I really hope they dont ever do a WW I/II type scenario. I really liked the Ancient Mesopotamia, and the Greek idea too. The Napoleonic era could be interesting too, but I would worry about too much gun combat and not enough melee-type stuff. Who knows though-- I dont mind the gunpowder units in Medieval as much as I though I would.

I would really love to see some really early history, pre-800 B.C.

Does anyone know much about the Russian Empire? I figure with as big an empire as they had going on there's gotta be a good story there. I know very little about it, but I signed up for russian history next semester.

As capable of inconvenience, and of some damage and debt to those that would act against my interests, I cannot f*^ng argue with dangerous.

I read an article released at the time of Medieval Total War, and it showed the would be sequels of the series. The first is Rome, which is already done, and the next one is Taiping Total War, set in 19th Century China, where you play as  Imperial Chinese, Taiping Rebels , and Colonial powers such as Britain and France.

Really? What article was this?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

30-years war in 17th century Germany would be provide a really good setting, IMHO. You get a boatload of factions, a decent time-window, lots of diplomacy and backstabbing and technology which still encouraged use of different mass formations, etc.

18 century Europe in general offered lots and lots of conflicts, battles, intrigue, etc. (War for Spanish Inheritance, Russian-Swedish war, Prussian Wars, English-French colonial war, American Revolution, French Revolution, etc). Yes, 18th century:TW could be just mindblowing. Now that I think of it it would be my choice.

Napoleonic wars would also be a great fodder.

30-years war in 17th century Germany would be provide a really good setting, IMHO. You get a boatload of factions, a decent time-window, lots of diplomacy and backstabbing and technology which still encouraged use of different mass formations, etc.

18 century Europe in general offered lots and lots of conflicts, battles, intrigue, etc. (War for Spanish Inheritance, Russian-Swedish war, Prussian Wars, English-French colonial war, American Revolution, French Revolution, etc). Yes, 18th century:TW could be just mindblowing. Now that I think of it it would be my choice.

Napoleonic wars would also be a great fodder.

play Europa Universalis II ! :thumbsup: it covers European history from around 1400 to 1820 .. but of course combat sucks compared to Total war .. since you have absolutely no control over it!

"Does anyone know much about the Russian Empire? I figure with as big an empire as they had going on there's gotta be a good story there"

it wasn't 'Russia' until late in the 14th century when the state of Muscovy (under Ivan The Terrible) was able to defeat the Mongols who partially controlled the country and then annex all of his immediate neighbours, giving birth to the nation.. Russian history is quite exciting! but I couldn't really imagine it as a Total war scenario ..

on a sidenote this looks like an interesting game .. battles like Rome Total war .. but playing as different ancient cultures and heroes like Julius and Alexander (and in the middle of battle zooming down and controlling your hero in 3rd person and killing enemies yourself)

Fortune favors the bald.

it wasn't 'Russia' until late in the 14th century when the state of Muscovy (under Ivan The Terrible) was able to defeat the Mongols who partially controlled the country and then annex all of his immediate neighbours, giving birth to the nation.. Russian history is quite exciting! but I couldn't really imagine it as a Total war scenario ..

Um, no Ivan the Terrible was contemporary of Elisabeth I of England and even was among the multitude who offered for her hand. You are thinking of Ivan III. Yes, there is quite a bit of material re: Russia but you can't have as many distinctive factions and peoples. It is always Slavs/ Russians, various nomads culminating in Mongol/Tatars, Scandinavians and the Polish.

Mongol/Tatars and Scandinavians already figured in M:TW, however, so it would be quite a bit of rehashing. Russia was quite active in the late 17th and throughout the 18th century however with several major wars under its belt, so it could make for a great faction in my proposed "18th century: TW" scenario.