Gamespy, Resident Cynic Article

Pretty much sums up what we've all been thinking. I think I'm more angry about this because I feel like my trust has been violated. KOTOR set the bar high, and I know I (like many others) went out and bought it sight unseen, because we trusted that LA wouldn't even THINK of besmirching the name of one of the best RPG's ever. Guess bucks (real or perceived) can make up for any sleep lost over compromising one's integrity...

Ofcourse no dev will comment on this one, i think that they're quite aware of the situation of KotOR II, with people knowing that they cut the whole damn ending.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hvae they even posted on these KOTOR baords since KOTOR2 was released? I surely haven't seen them so don't hold your breath. They're waiting til the disgruntleds have their whine fest and decided to shut up. <> Good plan. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Can't really blame them, can you?"

It depends. I, for example, have criticzed the game; but I have never bashed them personally on KOTOR2. I haven't said they retarded or any other silly overreaction.

"Who wants to be literally abused for something they were forced to do?"

They weren't forced to do anything. Don't maker up myths, rumours, and innunedo. Games get amterial cut all the time. Kotor1, for exmaple, had things cut as well including an entire planet. This isn't anything new or special or unique.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hvae they even posted on these KOTOR baords since KOTOR2 was released? I surely haven't seen them so don't hold your breath. They're waiting til the disgruntleds have their whine fest and decided to shut up. <> Good plan. :thumbsup:

Exactly, if i was a dev, i would do the same thing.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Can't really blame them, can you?"

It depends. I, for example, have criticzed the game; but I have never bashed them personally on KOTOR2. I haven't said they retarded or any other silly overreaction.

"Who wants to be literally abused for something they were forced to do?"

They weren't forced to do anything. Don't maker up myths, rumours, and innunedo. Games get amterial cut all the time. Kotor1, for exmaple, had things cut as well including an entire planet. This isn't anything new or special or unique.

Yes, but did they cut the material themselves or did Lucasarts make them cut it so they could meet the deadline?

I think that article is pretty dead on to what happened. Although as I have stated many times before, probably about 1/10 of the fault could be attributed to the consumers. Before KOTOR2 was released I saw alot of messages posted that were asking for the game to be released earlier than scheduled. Although this is not the biggest contributing factor it is one of many. That and even though LucasArts is cuttiing back content and rushing products out, everyone wants to whine about it, but they still keep soaking up everything Star Wars.

I myself wanted the game to come out sooner than it was original planned to come out, and therefore I take a small portion of responsibility in The rushed release of the game. I think that LucasArts does partially listen to what the fans want, as long as it will make them the "almighty dollar" ahead of schedule. So I believe the majority of the problem was LA's fault. I don't blame Obsidian Entertainment at all for the state of the game. I feel had OE gotten a longer time to build the game and complete it that the game would have been a little better and they wouldn't have had to cut the HK Factory or shorten and done such a short unfulfilling ending.

I keep seeing everyone complaining about the bugs in the game, I myself have yet to have any problems through the eleven times I have played through.

The only problems I had with the game were the game itself, I hated the random loot generator, I wish Darth Nihilus would have been a bigger character, and I wish the ending was more fulfilling. Other than that I really have to say, I really enjoyed the game even though those things were a bit of a nuissance.

I think that article is pretty dead on to what happened.  Although as I have stated many times before, probably about 1/10 of the fault could be attributed to the consumers.  Before KOTOR2 was released I saw alot of messages posted that were asking for the game to be released earlier than scheduled.  Although this is not the biggest contributing factor it is one of many.  That and even though LucasArts is cuttiing back content and rushing products out, everyone wants to whine about it, but they still keep soaking up everything Star Wars.

I myself wanted the game to come out sooner than it was original planned to come out, and therefore I take a small portion of responsibility in The rushed release of the game.  I think that LucasArts does partially listen to what the fans want, as long as it will make them the "almighty dollar" ahead of schedule.  So I believe the majority of the problem was LA's fault.  I don't blame Obsidian Entertainment at all for the state of the game.  I feel had OE gotten a longer time to build the game and complete it that the game would have been a little better and they wouldn't have had to cut the HK Factory or shorten and done such a short unfulfilling ending.

I keep seeing everyone complaining about the bugs in the game, I myself have yet to have any problems through the eleven times I have played through.

The only problems I had with the game were the game itself, I hated the random loot generator, I wish Darth Nihilus would have been a bigger character, and I wish the ending was more fulfilling.  Other than that I really have to say, I really enjoyed the game even though those things were a bit of a nuissance.

Eleven (11!) times through? That's double amount of times that i've played K1 and K2 together.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I think that article is pretty dead on to what happened.  Although as I have stated many times before, probably about 1/10 of the fault could be attributed to the consumers.  Before KOTOR2 was released I saw alot of messages posted that were asking for the game to be released earlier than scheduled.  Although this is not the biggest contributing factor it is one of many.  That and even though LucasArts is cuttiing back content and rushing products out, everyone wants to whine about it, but they still keep soaking up everything Star Wars.

I myself wanted the game to come out sooner than it was original planned to come out, and therefore I take a small portion of responsibility in The rushed release of the game.  I think that LucasArts does partially listen to what the fans want, as long as it will make them the "almighty dollar" ahead of schedule.  So I believe the majority of the problem was LA's fault.  I don't blame Obsidian Entertainment at all for the state of the game.  I feel had OE gotten a longer time to build the game and complete it that the game would have been a little better and they wouldn't have had to cut the HK Factory or shorten and done such a short unfulfilling ending.

The only problems I had with the game were the game itself, I hated the random loot generator, I wish Darth Nihilus would have been a bigger character, and I wish the ending was more fulfilling.  Other than that I really have to say, I really enjoyed the game even though those things were a bit of a nuissance.

Eleven (11!) times through? That's double amount of times that i've played K1 and K2 together.

No life

:"> Yeah I know that seems like alot, but I live on base and don't get out much. I also play Jedi knight Jedi Academy on XBox Live almost every night from about 6pm to 12 pm. :thumbsup:

:"> Yeah I know that seems like alot, but I live on base and don't get out much. I also play Jedi knight Jedi Academy on XBox Live almost every night from about 6pm to 12 pm. :thumbsup:

No life

Get a computer and play counter strike. Plus shouldn't you be on guard from 6pm to 12am*? There could be a Terrorist attack and you will be at base playing JKJA, while we all die.

No life

Get a computer and play counter strike. Plus shouldn't you be on guard from 6pm to 12am*? There could be a Terrorist attack and you will be at base playing JKJA, while we all die.

I only stand Watch 1 day a month, due to the high volume of sailors here in JAX.

Get to work.

I am at work right now. I have to wait for our golf cart comes back to the office before I can actually go and do my work.

:lol:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy