Does Mandalore have a backstory?

I played TSL and beated it, but I never used Mandalore at all and I NEVER talked to him. But now I'm going back to play KOTOR and I have been using Canderous a lot in my party and talking to him a lot. So when I play TSL again, I'm going to use Mandalore a lot and talk to him. You know, a nice continuity in his character. But I have heard that he really has not backstory and you don't learn anything from him.

Is that true?

He talkes about how he boned Revan's girlfriend after he took off, thats about it

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Listen to Mandalores voice. Mandalore IS Candarous. It makes sense. This is not a spoiler, since i am still trying to earn his respect on Dxun, but it makes sense. this is my personal oppinion. Think about it. and i bet that when you get enough influence with him, he will confirm my theorie.

Strike me down if you wish, but i will become more powerfull than even I could possibly imagine.

About his identity.

You don't need his voice. If you play the first game, it'll be obvious who he is. The first thing that gave it away for me was his battle cry ("For clan Ordo!", obviously Canderous Ordo). Then Kreia had a chat with him about how Revan left him, and all my doubts vanished. Finally, at the end somewhere, Kreia will actually call him by name (Canderous).

Mandalore is fine, if u played Kotor 1 dont need more background of him.. it fits perfectly who he is now...

And I sugest u to play kotor 1 instead kotor 2... better than this unfinished game.. Plots, areas and alot of dialogs missing... very depressing. Was a mess leave this project to Obisdan, they are noob in RPG games.. All l hope now is when NWN 2 will back to Bioware.. Obisidan will sure ruin Neverwinter Nights as well...

Was a mess leave this project to Obisdan, they are noob in RPG games

Erm, you do realise that people working at Obsidian are behind games such as Fallout and Planescape: Torment, right? The Fallout series and Planescape are commonly referred to as some of the best RPGs ever made.

The only game that comes even close IMO is Morrowind, and only because it's so friggin huge and with so many user-made mods that are easy to both create and install however and whenever you wish.