Unkown line in swkotor2.ini

A few users have posted their ini files in some recent posts. Been mucking around with my own and I noticed I've got a line that i haven't seen on anyone elses? Just wondered if this was unusual or even if anyone knows what it does...

Emitters=1

in graphics, last line under Anti Aliasing=0

????????????????????

Thanks for any help in advance.

PS Have tried disabling/enabling and it doesn't seem connected with the BSOD.

PPS UK version of the game.

I'm not aware of the exact function either..but it sounds like it controls particle emitters, which are commonly used to display fire and light effects. Try setting it to 0 and see if fires or Force effects change any.

If it doesn't affect the game at all, it may be that it's another option left over from the original Neverwinter Nights code.

I'm not aware of the exact function either..but it sounds like it controls particle emitters, which are commonly used to display fire and light effects. Try setting it to 0 and see if fires or Force effects change any.

If it doesn't affect the game at all, it may be that it's another option left over from the original Neverwinter Nights code.

well, i get major slowdowns for some reason, with smoke and fire, so i tried to turn off the Emitters thingy and it made no difference.

If you're having problems in smoky areas, try disabling Frame Buffer Effects in the graphics preferences and adding the line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 to swkotor2.ini under [Graphics Options].

If you're using an ATI card, also make sure to disable Soft Shadows. They absolutely kill performance.

Other than that, reducing AA and Anisotropy may help in smoky areas.

If you're having problems in smoky areas, try disabling Frame Buffer Effects in the graphics preferences and adding the line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 to swkotor2.ini under [Graphics Options].

If you're using an ATI card, also make sure to disable Soft Shadows. They absolutely kill performance.

Other than that, reducing AA and Anisotropy may help in smoky areas.

well, first, since the latest ATI Drivers disable the neat glow aura around light sources (light sabers etc.) i don't see the point in the 'Frame buffer Effects', i also don't see the use in shadows, neither do i use FSAA or anisotropic filtering. (never use them, never need to.)

Besides this slowdown, which i have no idea what causes it is the only problem i get, everything else is perfect.