thanks to Obsidian

Zilod

Finished the game today and i must admit that for some hours i had a strange feeling.... it was the same feeling that i have when i see a great movie and due to the huge amount of informations and emotions i can't decide if i liked it or not...

The game is not perfect, probably a bit rushed... it have some unfinished side plots and the secondary chars are generally less developed than KOTOR.

The graphic is not bad but for sure not exeptional for today standards and some low res movies/backgrounds looks really terrible.

I also noticed very few bugs and with an ATI 9800 and all graphic settings at max i noticed 2-3 crashes in around 50 hours of play...

anyway these little prolems really disappear when you see the story and its main characters....

All is so dramatic, full of passion and "humanity"... are ages that i didn't saw a game like that, something that go beyond a game to become a form of comunication, of expression...

I really want to tank obsidian for this great product, that even if not perfect, shines like a rare gem.

I really hope to see such quality in the story development in the next chapter of KOTOR, and next time throw a pillow to LA and take your time to polish the game :(

again thanks and many compliments for this great game :)

Well, I can't say anything from personal experience (yet) as my copy has not arrived yet :angry: but I have read about the game in reviews and such.

Personally, I think that there's no excuse for those bugs that you mentioned. Most of them were present in the original to one extent or another, and they should have been fixed by now. You also praise the fact that you only had 2-3 crashes in 50 hours of gameplay. Granted, this is a longer game with more content, but I had 0 crashes in 40 hours of gameplay with KotOR 1. There shouldn't be any problems with crashes.

That being said, everything I've heard about the game is that it's good overall. And there's that fact that I have already ordered the game and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

Aside from looping dialogs and some other unpolished element the game is great. THe story is much deeper than KotOR and this is what people should focus on.

Maybe now that the game is out LA will let Obsidian fix all the quest bugs, But I'm not gonna hold my breath :devil:

Still a great job Obsidian , But I think the game could have used another 6 months of Development

I feel exactly the same way... however i enjoyed it a ickle bit more i think :devil:

Ya two months before you got it

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'll add my voice to the thanks. Haven't posted since the fora first opened really, since I didn't think either of their games would interest me and I would hold out until they got something that would, as I know they inevitably will being some of the developpers of my all time favourite games.

But this game really changed that. I wasn't expecting anything, I had even forgot about its development until I saw it in the local computer shop. And may I just say, very well done. The plot development focused almost entirely on the character which was VERY refreshing, and made the game far more immersive. The influence was a great idea and implemented well.

The point it suffered was the ending, though. After the excellent development it just sort of ended. it didn't END, if you know what I mean.

But anyway, once again, great job. If you keep churning games out of this quality I will be buying them all.

St. Paddy's 8.7/10.

(Would have been a nine but for the ending)

Here, have a shamrock :luck:

:p

It was a good game!

I don't think anyone is in dispute of that, except for a few. The reason people are dissapointed is because we know that Obsidian could have done a lot better, would have done a lot better given the time.

The members of OE are the some of the people that gave us the best RPGs ever. RPGs that I personally play to this day.

That's what makes me sad. :p

But I'll say thanks OE, you did craft a great game. One that I enjoyed playing and one that I'll play again. :luck:

P.S. I'll play it more and cherish it like my own son if you release a content patch that patches up the ending!

Hear hear. Thanks Obistan. I haven't had a gaming experience like you gave me with KOTOR II in... oh... at least 3 years since I first played Baldur's Gate II (and before that, Torment). Could it have been better if it weren't rushed? Yes, of course. Even at the present condition, however, I enjoyed it immensely. I couldn't breathe for at least a whole minute after finishing it. Yeah, it's like that. And no, this *isn't* the BIS fanboy in me talking, it's Mr. Bao-Dur's opinion 100%.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

Finished the game today and i must admit that for some hours i had a strange feeling.... it was the same feeling that i have when i see a great movie and due to the huge amount of informations and emotions i can't decide if i liked it or not...

The game is not perfect, probably a bit rushed... it have some unfinished side plots and the secondary chars are generally less developed than KOTOR.

The graphic is not bad but for sure not exeptional for today standards and some low res movies/backgrounds looks really terrible.

I also noticed very few bugs and with an ATI 9800 and all graphic settings at max i noticed 2-3 crashes in around 50 hours of play...

anyway these little prolems really disappear when you see the story and its main characters....

All is so dramatic, full of passion and "humanity"... are ages that i didn't saw a game like that, something that go beyond a game to become a form of comunication, of expression...

I really want to tank obsidian for this great product, that even if not perfect, shines like a rare gem.

I really hope to see such quality in the story development in the next chapter of KOTOR, and next time throw a pillow to LA and take your time to polish the game :blink:

again thanks and many compliments for this great game :)

You're far more generous than I am. This game was a mess. IMHO, the storyline just can't overcome all the bugs, character flaws, and plot holes.

This game started out with a lot of potential, but degenerated into an incoherant mess about 3/4 of the way in. Can't say much without getting into spoiler territory, but it's quite obvious that at least a quarter of the game never got finished, and a vastly inferior product was pushed out the door for the Christmas rush. Ah, Black Isle...how the mighty have fallen.

Why is it so, that the people who are complaining about the game have few posts????

Maybe they're not fanboys, like us :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I hope you're kidding...TSL is a trainwreck compared with KotOR...I suspect LA pushed Obsidian to get it out before Christmas and sacrificed quality doing it.

Let's see, KOTOR I had a very straightforward main storyline. It had alot of story to tell and it told it in a very linear fashion. KOTOR II does not spoon feed you. If you do not talk to your party members, you will miss out on alot of what you would like to know. Overall, I prefer the less linear approach.

However, I will list areas where I think KOTOR I has an advantage:

* side quests

* swoop racing

* a sense of closure at the end

* your mentor is not *quite* as preachy in KOTOR I (and much easier on the eyes)

* dialog is not as messy (but not as advanced either)

Basically, the story and sense of immersiveness in KOTOR II is better, in my view, than in KOTOR I. However, because of some limitations, I must say that sometimes it seems like your are playing a great game that is still in Beta test mode and you just can't wait for the final release.

But, indeed, thanks Obsidian. Thanks for taking on the daunting task of writing a game for a fickle license holder like LA knowing that it is risky to not have total control of such a project.

I simply believe that since I was TOO eager to get the game I would be one of the most dissapointed people had it not been good.

But IMHO was simply wasn't the case, Obsidian simply produced a game which I liked better than the original.

I liked the original because it was simply Star Wars.

This one I liked because it was a really interesting game.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I'll add my praise here - was going to start a praise thread, but someone beat me to it.

While the story in KotOR was fun and compelling, I feel that this game has taken it to a whole new level. For the first time, whoever wrote the story has managed to make me feel that I can actually change the fate of not just an NPC here and there, but entire planets, and that even the Republic itself might turn in a different direction depending on my actions. How much this is true will have to be seen after I play as a baddie - I'm still doin the nice thing. o:) The baddies are also better - Malak was badass, but was also a bit pathetic, so I didn't really feel he was a threat. These new guys *really* creep me out, though - I rushed through the Harbinger quickly, because I was spooked enough after the FMV that I didn't want to stick around. :(

The characters and their backstory are incredibly much more compelling than the last one - there have been several moments now that my jaw hit the floor from what they were telling me. Granted, I've mostly seen Atton and Breiya(sp?) fleshed out - this might be what some are complaining about. I haven't finished the game yet, but so far, even WITH the annoying bugs&glitches, I keep playing. My only fear now is that the game will end too soon, and I'll be forced to wait for another year for KotOR3 .....

I just finished this game this morning and I must say that the game was fun. Very good story indeed.

Now I add myself to the minority by saying that i actually liked the ending. Sure it had some unfinished stuff about it, but in overall the ending was a satisfactory and made perfect sense to me.

I really liked the "this was all training for something bigger"-thing, really elevated the exile in my eyes= a true master force user.

There are some problems with the game mechanics, like low framerates from time to time and a couple of crashes. However these are secondary to the core of the game which is the story and the rich characters. The technic issues were a little annoying but easily forgotten once I passed the next corner.

Now that my lightside character is finished I can go on with being a bad guy. I'm excited to see what I missed the first time.

So thanks Obsidian! Keep up the good work! :(

so far, it seems pretty good, but from all the problems people have said they had, i thought my copy would self-destruct. lol

But besides a single sound-looping in the beginning and some unexplained slowdowns, which doesn't stop me playing it, i just wish i knew what causes it....i have yet to recieve a crash of any sort.

A tear almost fell when i completed the game.

I feel like a sissy.

What aspect was anywhere that sad in KotOR II?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy