Dawn of War - Winter Assault

zer"0"

DoW is a really cool RTS. Perfect for an expansion. I can't wait... (w00t)

Link: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050215/latu009_1.html

" To feature deeper single-player experience and a new, fifth Race.

The Imperial Guard

Based on the world of Warhammer 40,000 -- the dark, futuristic, fantasy universe from Games Workshop.

Scheduled to release in fall 2005. "

DoW is a really cool RTS. Perfect for an expansion. I can't wait... (w00t)

Link:  http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050215/latu009_1.html

" To feature deeper single-player experience and a new, fifth Race.

The Imperial Guard

Based on the world of Warhammer 40,000 -- the dark, futuristic, fantasy universe from Games Workshop.

Scheduled to release in fall 2005. "

U want a freebee? Check out this screenshot...

http://www.relicnews.com/index.php?f_area=story&f_id=2554

Baneblade Superheavy Tanks are coming

Scale is a little out though!

Still rumours of the 'nids coming too!

Aren't the imperial guard just like the space marines?  I wanted those necro things instead!

Theyre not quite the same, space marines are the ultimate warriors for the humans empire genetically made and enhanced occasionally agumented with technological implants and have the best of the best in terms of equipment (power armour) tanks, training spaceships etc

problem is there are only a few of them relatively speaking in small chapters.

Imperial Guard are more comparable to the troops of today (how they look etc) theyre no were near as effective as space marines in the warhammer 40k universe, they rely on sheer numbers of poorly equipped everyday soldiers to hault their enemies.So the similarity is, that theyre both fighting on the same side, but ones vastly better at it than the other.

I was abit dissapointed that the fifth 'race' is Imperial Guards, afterall you could control some of their units in the single player campaign, necrons would have been interesting (think terminators) or maybe even Tyranids or dark eldar etc, but then i saw the screenshot of the IG tank and now i cant wait :geek: , im sure their will be more tweaks to the existing gameplay as well as the additionally fully playable IG.

~Cent~

• 1 month later...

Features as flaunted by some German mag:

"# Units in squads look varied now, have slightly different height, faces and so on

# There's a new feature called 'Kill-Cam' which shows a close-up of those spectacular finishing moves

# Commissar is included, and boosts the morale by executing soldiers. He'll be the secondary hero.

# Sanctioned Psycher is in

# Techpriest Engineer is in. He repairs vehicles, and one of the screenies shows him carrying an axe for close combat

# The Sentinel is in, the IG's walker unit

# The Baneblade will have awesome firepower, but a rather weak armor

# The Chimera troop transporter allows units to fire from the inside

# The main hero will be the Imperial Captain, which is just a bit weaker than the Force Commander. Games Workshop will bring the unit to the tabletop soon.

# The 4 older races will get new units, but the article doesn't mention which

# There will be a 'good' campaign which will let you play the Space Marines, Eldar and the Imperial Guard, and an 'evil' campaign which will allow you to play with the Chaos Space Marines and Orks. Each of them will consist of about half a dozen missions."

Kill-cam, eh?

HMMMM

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)