Patch 1.0a - brings game to 2.01.420

Hi All,

There is a patch release version 1.0a get it from...

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/KotOR2.htm

Patch Size: 1.9Mb

It does the following:

- Updates dialog.tlk

- Updates the game executable

- Updates the Troubleshooting guide

- Contains a PDF manual.

[uPDATE] From Lucasarts:

These patches are for the International Language versions of the game only.

The updates cure some ingame text issues, as well as update the game documentation.

Regards,

-Keeval-

Hi All,

It does the following:

- Updates dialog.tlk

- Updates the game execuatable

- Contains a PDF manual.

No release notes - so not too sure what exactly it fixes.

Regards,

-Keeval-

I wonder what problems got fixed...how big is the patch?

NM, they aren't for us domestics. So it isn't the patch we've all been waiting for...bleh.

Hi All,

It does the following:

- Updates dialog.tlk

- Updates the game execuatable

- Contains a PDF manual.

No release notes - so not too sure what exactly it fixes.

Regards,

-Keeval-

I wonder what problems got fixed...how big is the patch?

NM, they aren't for us domestics. So it isn't the patch we've all been waiting for...bleh.

as far as i know it only fixed the PDF manual and that nothing else is fixed, they just probably added in the other files to make us think they fixed something besides a useless PDF File.

I presume (as the Dialog.tlk file has been patched) that some of the spelling errors have been fixed. I can't see them releasing a patch that "just" contains a manual. And if it did, why increase the version number of the game.

well, if they fixed the spelling mistakes, its probably because they didn't want to look like idiots for spelling something wrong......even i would find it embarrasing. (which i probably spelt wrong. lol)

That patch is made for all 3rd world countrys(no offense)-whos game didnt get a manual.The USA is still waiting for theres.It was also made for anyone that um <cough> pirated the game.

The US is waiting for a manual? My copy came with a manual.

Maybe you're talking about pirated versions...

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

Aryanne your very arrogant aren't you. Just a little FYI. All the European countries above have been in the computer age pretty much same time America was.... infact most of Europe boost a lot better telecommunications facilities and a higher number of PC per person than most American states. *shrugs*

Then again I'm not american so my inferia opnion means nothing.

Now I know I shouldn't be baited.. as I know better..

But I couldn't resist. Just to point out "Baby" it was the first computer that could store not only data but any (short!) user program in electronic memory and process it at electronic speed, was developed in Manchester UK

http://www.computer50.org/

Not that I come from anywhere near manchester (or went to the University of Manchester) or anything like that.. oh no.. never! :)

Nope not inferior just 25 years of xp(work related) online and facts and 10 years of living in europe where a home pc was unheard of.Yes we know the british made the first if you can call it a computer in ww2.Lets not forget though silicon valley 1970s where home pcs were even made possible.My aunt retired after 4 years and a million dollar job in silicon valley so spare me.Beyond that compuetrs have been a part of government agencys even before that but thats classified.

Just to prove my point no one today has the thermal imaging that the US,UK, or france has in the military today.

But then again i didn't see no UK or german servers back in 1992 just japanese and australian gaming servers.

::My aunt is richer than you and my country is better than your crappy computerless country and my fart smells like golden roses sprayed with perfume. ::

AHHH THE IGNORANCE!!!

Thank you for making me lose my last shred of faith in humanity. Thank you.

Beyond that computers have been a part of government agencys even before that but thats classified.

Really? Classified? AMAZING!!! Please, tell me more of your "government top secrets".

I'm sorry, but this thread is getting derailed. Let's carry this back to Way Off Topic. Make a thread there and I'll be happy to blast down any argument you have that US spurred the electronic revolution alone.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

There was a very very basic form of the computer in the 1800s with punch cards I believe. I also think it wasn't developed in America, but I'm not sure.

Oh look I'm a traitor for saying Americans aren't the best in everything. :)

Fnord.

There was a very very basic form of the computer in the 1800s with punch cards I believe. I also think it wasn't developed in America, but I'm not sure.

Oh look I'm a traitor for saying Americans aren't the best in everything. :)

The first algorithms date back to the middle-east when the moors would use sand-grains to track and calculate caravan speeds and routes, (using binary notations) actually, but what the hell do I know, I'm just an electrical engineer from the University of Michigan concentrating in digital circuitry.

Clearly America and American alone bred the modern generation of computer technology we see today. Anyone who debates that should be tarred and feathered for treason.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

The first algorithms date back to the middle-east when the moors would use sand-grains to track and calculate caravan speeds and routes, (using binary notations) actually, but what the hell do I know, I'm just an electrical engineer from the University of Michigan concentrating in digital circuitry.

Clearly America and American alone bred the modern generation of computer technology we see today. Anyone who debates that should be tarred and feathered for treason.

You're right, the modern era of computers were developed primarily by the United States. I doubt I could be tarred for treason if I disagreed though, I'm not a yank.

The machine you are thinking of the difference engine, developed by Charles Babbage (it was essentially a mechanical calculator). The programming language it used was developed by Lady Ada Lovelace, the daughter of Lord Byron.

So the patch does little but include a manual for pirates and fix spelling errors? Oh well, I haven't come up against any bugs yet so I won't start with the moan.

It's good fun this World Wide Web thing, isn't it? It was invented and given away for free by a nice british man named Tim Berners-Lee.

http://www.time.com/time/time100/scientist...bernerslee.html

Of course, he wouldn't have got very far without a modern computer, the first of which was invented by a nice british man named Alan Turing.

http://www.turing.org.uk/turing/

And Alan, clever as he was, would never have got started without the concepts demonstrated by Charles Babbage's (British) Analytical Engine.

http://www.fourmilab.ch/babbage/

Having said all that, where would we all be without Microsoft? :p

I won't be answering any comebacks from Team America: World Police, because frankly, it's not worth the bother. (British Arrogance with trace irony).

That patch is made for all 3rd world countrys(no offense)

LOL, that's what I call subtlety. It's as if I say 'All of you f*ckheads suck donkey balls for a living (no offense)'.

Great job, dipsh!t (no offense). :lol:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'm from England and there wasn't a PDF version of the manual in the original install, like most I'd imagine.

Well- that's a lie. It was called manual.pdf but it came up as a blank pdf document!

As far as I'm concerned we got a patch fixing very minor things (in less than a week, for us Brits) which at least shows they're on the case to sort the more major things out in due course.

EDIT: hope it doesn't bugger up my saved game....

That patch is made for all 3rd world countrys(no offense)

lol hes probably just a 12 year old anyway...leave him be :p

Yeah im from the UK. Ill install this patch tonight. 2 bugs ive encountered, swoop race bug (going in the air) and the extreme lag framerate with ATI cards. I fixed them both anyway...

Perhaps Lucasarts want feedback from europe before releasing it to millions in America perhaps?