Non-Linearity

JJ86

K, here is a new topic for those of you that want to discuss if it exists and what it constitutes. Have good fun! HA!

Perhaps you are not the best person to spearhead such a discussion.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

do you know of any tools one can use when writing a non-linear story?

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

you do not write a non-linear story. can't be done. the attempt prevents possibility of success.

what you can do is create a system or environment where a person is able to experience a story that is non-linear.

mmorpgs with a minimum of scripted events. is probably the best example we can come up with. the designer creates a unique environment with its own physics and rules... places some limits on participant actions for purpose of maintaining viability of the environment. allows environment to be populated. then step back and see what happens.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

you do not write a non-linear story. can't be done. the attempt prevents possibility of success.

Bulls***, all you need to do is write/flowchart all possible outcomes.

Level 1 of the temple of pwnage

Start

Jake starts in a big room full of chairs and 2 doors in front of him.

If Jake goes into Door 1

If Jake goes into door 1 then he is killed by a 1000 orcs.

If Jake goes into Door 2

if Jake goes into door 2 he wins the Necklace of Pwnage which advance him into level 2 of the temple of pwnage.

Word is a great software for writing stuff.

that is not writing a non-linear story. please read the other thread with virtually the same name to be seeing why.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one.Jake goes into door one, he is teleported in front of door one. etc...

CIRCULAR, not LINEAR!

I win!

Why Bio Why?

do you know of any tools one can use when writing a non-linear story?

I have a disjointed pencil, will that help?

assuredly

and for the rest of you; remember this is a "tools" thread

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

Kindly write me a story of life with a flowchart of all possible outcomes. I will return in seven billion light years when your work would have become exponentially more difficult.

Kindly write me a story of life with a flowchart of all possible outcomes. I will return in seven billion light years when your work would have become exponentially more difficult.

I will do it

Life>Death

Done!

Why Bio Why?