swoop bike bug

hi i am a gamer from scotland, in case you dont know kotor2 has just come out over here. having played the first to death on the xbox (thought it the best game i ever played) having since bought a shiny new pc i thought i would get kotor2 on pc (as im led to beleive you can get lots of game patches and mods for pc games)

initially i fell in love all over again, darker and more dangerous feeling plot line and so forth, i was absolutely lovin it. then i got to telos.

immediately seeking out the swoop bike racing (as i loved this mini game on the first) i was horrified to find that almost everytime i start a race my swoop jumps to the top of the screen, buypassing the whole course! this has annoyed me so much that i am on the verge of taking the pc game back in and swapping it for the xbox version!

has anyone else encountered this problem? is there a patch or anything to sort it? if so where can i get it?

cheers

Dude you are posting in the wrong forum. You need one of the KOTOR2 forums further down the forum list. If it is a bug it may need patching but you may have to wait for a while yet!

Either Phosphorescence man or Princess Fiona is bound to move this thread soon!

almost everytime i start a race my swoop jumps to the top of the screen, buypassing the whole course!

has anyone else encountered this problem? is there a patch or anything to sort it? if so where can i get it?

Yes. That's happening to me. I have not yet found or heard of any way around it. I'm seriously hoping that there's a patch out soon to sort some of the bugs - this being just one of them. (Lets see... I went onto the LA support site and had to enter all the problems I was having... Took a while... :huh: )

almost everytime i start a race my swoop jumps to the top of the screen, buypassing the whole course!

Yes. That's happening to me. I have not yet found or heard of any way around it. I'm seriously hoping that there's a patch out soon to sort some of the bugs - this being just one of them. (Lets see... I went onto the LA support site and had to enter all the problems I was having... Took a while... :( )

well, i loved the Kotor I swoop racing, it was a good source of cash for me, but on Kotor II, i don't see the point in it. lol

• 2 weeks later...

hold the right mouse button when the race starts, as soon as the swoop bike starts to move u let go of the right mouse button. this will solve the flying bike problem. to win races, download kotor2 savegame editor and change FORFEIT_SWOOPRACE to 0 its under globals -> Booleans -> FORFEIT_SWOOPRACE:0/1 <- this will solve the unable to win races problem