First Patch now released

Patches

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

The patches below are International Language version updates only.

NOTE: There are no Domestic/North America versions available at this time.

UK Version - Click here.

French Version - Click here.

German Version - Click here.

Italian Version - Click here.

Spanish Version - Click here.

Here are the lucasarts site.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

The patches below are International Language version updates only.

NOTE: There are no Domestic/North America versions available at this time.

UK Version - Click here.

French Version - Click here.

German Version - Click here.

Italian Version - Click here.

Spanish Version - Click here.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/KotOR2.htm

Wait... No North America patch? That's the stupidest thing I've heard. I mean LucasArts and Obsidian are both based in the US but they haven't released a patch for North America yet? Ofcourse, they could just be polishing the patch or something :(. Just like they polished the PC version... *shudders*

Wait... No North America patch? That's the stupidest thing I've heard. I mean LucasArts and Obsidian are both based in the US but they haven't released a patch for North America yet? Ofcourse, they could just be polishing the patch or something :(. Just like they polished the PC version... *shudders*

this patch only fixes the corrupt Manual PDF file in the Euro release.

this patch only fixes the corrupt Manual PDF file in the Euro release.

Figures.... That's where their priorities are... bastards....

I may be one of the lucky ones that haven't encountered any problems yet (apart from a very small typo glitch), but there are really people waiting for this and they fix tha manual..... great.....

STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II - THE SITH LORDS Update ReadMe

Version 1.0a

11-Feb-2005

##############################################################

Thank you for downloading the STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II - THE SITH LORDS Update

This update includes the following:

Manual pdf

##############################################################

ROFL :D - the pdf file? I'm sorry but sometimes some things are just so ridiculous you have to laugh. Here we all are, anxiously waiting for a patch, and they release a patch that does.... this? very amusing to me.

They probably released this so LA couldn't sue Obsidian for not delivering a "whole" product. Publishers and developers enter into binding contracts that spell out every little thing that constitutes delivering a full product and leaving the manual out could be construed (legally) as a breach of contract if it is specifically spelled out somewhere that Obsidian had to ship the RC (Release Candidate) with it.

While I agree that this shouldn't be a priority, I am just giving a probable explanation as to why this and many other "useless" patches are released by various companies.

Also...

RE: Console support...

The XBox version of KOTOR2 is BUGGIER than the PC version. I have it and can tell you right now that the PC is actually leaps and bounds above the state the XBox version is in and since it is not LIVE enabled, there are going to be NO patches for the XBox version. Period.

Granted, this will be no comfort for those who can't even start or play the game on PC... But I don't want to get into the whole "consoles vs. PC" wars because it is just fact that console sales far outweight PC title sales...

So, yeah. Consoles are a higher priority. It's good business sense. Accept it.

BUT that doesn't mean just because you play PC games you are superior which is the attitude and mentality that a lot of PC gamers like to go around with like some badge of honor especially when PC games are in desperate need of patches like right now. At least the PC version CAN be patched. The question is when?

ROFL :D - the pdf file? I'm sorry but sometimes some things are just so ridiculous you have to laugh. Here we all are, anxiously waiting for a patch, and they release a patch that does.... this? very amusing to me.

They probably released this so LA couldn't sue Obsidian for not delivering a "whole" product. Publishers and developers enter into binding contracts that spell out every little thing that constitutes delivering a full product and leaving the manual out could be construed (legally) as a breach of contract if it is specifically spelled out somewhere that Obsidian had to ship the RC (Release Candidate) with it.

While I agree that this shouldn't be a priority, I am just giving a probable explanation as to why this and many other "useless" patches are released by various companies.

Also...

RE: Console support...

The XBox version of KOTOR2 is BUGGIER than the PC version. I have it and can tell you right now that the PC is actually leaps and bounds above the state the XBox version is in and since it is not LIVE enabled, there are going to be NO patches for the XBox version. Period.

Granted, this will be no comfort for those who can't even start or play the game on PC... But I don't want to get into the whole "consoles vs. PC" wars because it is just fact that console sales far outweight PC title sales...

So, yeah. Consoles are a higher priority. It's good business sense. Accept it.

BUT that doesn't mean just because you play PC games you are superior which is the attitude and mentality that a lot of PC gamers like to go around with like some badge of honor especially when PC games are in desperate need of patches like right now. At least the PC version CAN be patched. The question is when?

Well, i personally prefer PC Games, especially when it comes to FPS games, i find them easier on the PC (mouse and keyboard).

But i think if a game is being made for both X-Box and PC, they both should be patched of any bugs. (xbox via xbox live)

Maybe its just me, but i think companies should invest money to patch the games that they do make, good seller or not.

Like Troila or whatever and Activition, should do a patch that fixes the bugs on Vampire Bloodlines. (all Vampire Bloodlines players know what i mean)

The same goes for Obsidian and Lucasarts, it doesn't matter whos fault it is, but if it was rushed out for any reason, they should fix all the bugs that they can.

But now-a-days, all the companies care about is money and as long as they get money, they don't give a rats ass.....its rather pathetic to put money ahead of satisfying their customers, but its a fact.

I get the impression that all this patch does is iron out problems introduced when they did whatever is they do to turn a US pc game into a UK pc game.  Not that I've noticed any problems with the UK version other than it starting windowed (which is annoying).

from what others say is that it only fixes a .PDF file. lol

but i have yet to recieve my copy of Kotor II so i can't find out for myself.

and i hope all i get is the window problem and not what others have been getting.

If you guys had actually read through the forum (only going back a page or two) you'd see that none of this is new news. See original link by AnakinSolo2002...

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29834

You'll find download links, readme and a disscussion of the contents.

Also, the swupdate program supplied with the game seems to be working finally.

Or try http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Kotor2.htm like it says in the updater.

Look, I'm sure everyone, including myself, has been guilty of duplicating a thread before but these boards are becoming extremely messy. I'm also going to explode if I see another useless "shouting" post in block capaitals stating ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED !!!! or whatever like they've just discovered the cure for cancer.

Just my $0.02 but with so many users reporting serious problems, don't you think we need to get together in a constructive manner on this one?

If you can't see the links, you can use FTP directly: ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/ - they all start File: KotOR2 Patch...

Anyway: 2.01.420 English. If I'm not mistaken (which is possible) the patch also adds an extra "Known issue" to the readme.

------------------------------------

Gear Shift Re-Mapping for Swoop Race

------------------------------------

The Gear Shift function in the swoop race mini-game is set

to the Left mouse button and cannot be re-mapped.  There is

no setting for this function in the Key Mapping options menu.

Yes it sucks that there is no NA patch yet,but really,how long do u think it took them to make the pdf update patch.Not long,so im sure they are still hard at work fixing the host of issues the actual game has.When they arent replying to my emails that is.