Knights of the Planet Killers?

Ace

Does it strike anyone odd that in KOTOR 1 and 2 (at least the lightside path in 2) that two planets are destroyed in each during the course of the game?

KOTOR1: Taris and Dantooine

KOTOR2: Peragus and Malachor V

These Jedi are very hazardous to the galaxy, maybe that's why G0T0 tried to detain the Exile :thumbsup:

The entire SW storyline has a tendency for destroying planets and threats to destroy planets. It serves as an epic threat, but after a while it just becomes pedestrian and annoying. G0-T0 hit it right on the head -- these constant crisis are proving tiresome. TSL was about subtle war, and it would have been much better if nothing particularly newsworthy happened until the very end.

At least they didn't try to up the ante and start blowing up stars or whole star clusters as certain less respected authors are known to do. Also, it should be noted that there are different degrees of killing a planet. Causing the inhabitants to die mysteriously is common, as is bombarding the surface to rubble with conventional space fleet. Causing the whole planet to break apart instead of simply glassing the surface is and should be more rare. Well, Objulen is right. You can blow up a planet only so many times before it gets boring.

SODOFF Steam group.

KOTOR2: Peragus and Malachor V

When I talked to Atris during the first introduction she asked me: "Did you destroy Peragus"

I said: "yes"

Then she asked: "Do you know what the consecuences are?"

One of the answers is: "I destroyed 2 planets

That means the destucting of Peragusus alone kills 2 planets and with Malachor it makes 3...

If you play LS and fix the fuel problem with Vogga then Telos ends up alright in the end so really you still only DIRECTLY destroyed 2 planets. Unlike K1 though neither planet technically had anyone living on it and Peragus was an accident which was not the case with either Taris or Dantooine in K1. Also in the case of Malachor the planet was really already destroyed but still in one piece... so REALLLY.. while technically yeah 2 planets technically bought it but there wasn't the same impact in terms of human life.

Yeah, the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine was destroyed....not the planet itself. However, I can understand the confusion, because in KOTOR1 it was suggested as if the entire planet had been converted to ash.

They can't make that, as it returns in the Star Wars movies (2000 years later).

Don't really think they REBUILD an entire planet (even in 2000 years)...

Just think about it, makes it obvious it wasn't completely destroyed (by Bioware).

Well, we kinda did. Sure, we had settlements even at year 0, but not nearly as many and as large as today, and the people who would rebuild the planet in the SW universe have access to a lot more resources and advanced technology.

Well, we kinda did. Sure, we had settlements even at year 0, but not nearly as many and as large as today, and the people who would rebuild the planet in the SW universe have access to a lot more resources and advanced technology.

But "we" didnt build an eco system.

KOTOR did indeed imply that Dantooine was a ball of ash rather than just the Jedi enclave being hit. Otherwise you could have landed and kicked the crap out of the Sith garrison for a bit of light entertainment.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

KOTOR 1 tended to confuse people about Dantooine's "destruction". But I automatically knew they werent talking about the entire planet because Dantooine is in SWG and in the clone wars.

KOTOR 1 also confused the hell out of that whole Juhani/Master Quatra thing. Juhani says she kills her, the council says she just injured her, the npcs around the enclave tell you "master quatra was hurt very badly, she might die" and THEN juhani tells the PC that she was stupid to think she could kill her master and that she just left dantooine to train other disciples. And then theres the outdated databank on SW.com, it says Juhani's master was slain by her. Wayyy too confusing, they need to stick to one story.

From what I understood (and remember) Juhani didn't kill her master, but wounded her. At the time you first run into Juhani, she doesn't know her master was merely wounded, and thinks she killed her.

Can't say anything about any other sources than the game, though.

Hello, I registered today but have been here before. I bought K1 and K2.

On the blowing up planets thing. It just makes less places for me to revisit.

Sure, it follows precedent in star wars.

Why not give the player and only the player the option to blow up a planet(s) for a change? ;)

Didn't mean rebuilding a civilization on a still existing planet, but a planet blasted to a billion other little planets...

You don't rebuild those in 2000 years and have them as one whole planet again etc, like in the movies

Didn't mean rebuilding a civilization on a still existing planet, but a planet blasted to a billion other little planets...

You don't rebuild those in 2000 years and have them as one whole planet again etc, like in the movies

At no point in any of the KOTOR games do they even begin to suggest that a planet has been destroyed ala Alderan. All they said was the Jeedi acadamy was destroyed, though I thought It would be a lot more toasted than it was in KOTOR2.

I've always thought that if there was one thing missing from K2 it was that it needed at least one more planet to go to. As it stands in the game, you just have to revisit two planets again: Dantooine and Onderon. I like that idea but it would've been cool if that Droid planet had made it into the game.

And also, as an aside (and sorry if I'm derailing this thread) but my favorite planet was Onderon because it was the only planet in the game that didn't have a canned, indoor and lifeless feel to it. Almost all of the planets that we visited in K2 were either the remants of something or a cess pool of decedance and desperation.

I mean, just look at them:

Peragus - No need to even go into any details with this "world".

Telos - You start off on Citadel Station. A place, for all intents and purposes, just like Peragus only with people and aliens running around. It is an orbiting docking station with no environments and few NPCs to interact with. It's basically just running through corridors.

And then when you go down onto Telos' surface, it is devoid of all life as anywhere on the planet outside of the Restoration Zones are highly corrosive. There are no quests or NPCs to be had here. It is all straightforward and linear.

Dantooine - A shell of what it once was. All life there is in a sad state of affairs. There is nothing there but mercenaries and salvagers. Two factions that, truth be told, are often times indistinguishable from the other. The sub-levels of the Jedi Enclave are an abysmal reminder of what once was. Again, devoid of life.

Korriban - Literally devoid of life.

Nar Shaddaa - Most people on here seem to love Nar Shaddaa. I hated it. I mean, I really did. If the UN ever set up a refugee camp in space, this would be it. NO environments whatsoever. And even though there are several NPCs to interact with here, all you do is basically just run through corridors. There was just no fullness to it. Nar Shaddaa had a canned, orbital station feel to it again.

Onderon - The exact opposite of every other planet mentioned above. This, in my opinion, was a true KOTOR world. There was life there, quests to be done, and all sorts of moral choices you had to make. Nar Shaddaa was similar but it was just too canned. It wasn't full enough. But on Onderon, I felt like I was playing a KOTOR game. It fit right in with Manaan, Taris, and Kashyyyk from the first game.

I mean, none of the worlds in K2 seem to have the life and fullness or the nuances of the world's in the first KOTOR game...or even Onderon.

Malachor V - -_-

Anyway, I'm done. And I know I'm in the minorty here with this. But I just wanted to say something about that :">