Die, Kreia

I never said it was pretentious, White.  :p

I often exaggerate and oversimplify. It's what makes me so irresistable to the ladies. That, and I despise quoting large blocks of text only to respond with 2 lines.

This is Star Wars! Yet it does not reek of the cheese!...

This is part of the reason why I simply could not stomach the first KOTOR. Everything was so black and white. All the characters were stereotypical casts made from some factory that bored me to tears. The only character I found myself being attached to was Revan. But hey, he's the protagonist.

Frankly, I don't think the game found it's center. It looked inside and was empty.

No. I think the game plot had a nice progression.

It had everything a good, typical adventure story should have.

WARNING: Vague SPOILERS BELOW!!!

1. The call to adventure (Escape from the Harbinger on the limping Ebon Hawk)

2. The guide (Kreia)

3. The descent into darkness (Telos, and the realization of being chased by sith lords across a war-torn galaxy)

4. The monster (Kreia)

5. The inner conflict (Your past)

6. The outer conflict (The Sith Lords, bounty on your head)

7. The resolution of the inner conflict (Korriban)

8. The resolution of the outer conflict (Ravager/Malachor V/Nar Shaada)

8. The redemption/climax (Dantooine)

9. The final battle (Showdown at the Academy)

10. The reward (Revelation of your destiny/answers)

Was the game rushed? Yes. Was the plot not as well developed as it could be? Yes. Was it incomplete? No. It had all the parts needed to form a concrete epic/adventure story, and no matter how much people say the ending sucked, I found it very, very, very emotional and satisfying.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

I liked the ending quite a bit myself. I have never had a problem with a good open ending and I found this one to be suitable.

That said: I would have liked that the exile had some closure with the crew about their journey together though. I think their should have been time alloted for this before the ebonhawk collapsed on Malachor. I felt cheated about this actually.

And although I LIKED the ending, in no way did I find it emotionally satisfying.

And I also agree with everything you said about KotOR II having all the proper elements of a good story. It did.

What it lacked, to me, was the EMOTION of one.

Where did Obsidian stash my hope anyway? I'm going to need that back. :p

I think Kreia was an extremely well-written character - she was the driving force behind this game, and the main reason why I enjoyed it so much.

Her complete neutrality made her interesting. I've never seen a character quite like it before. In KOTOR1, the things you did were either clearly dark or cleary light side.

"Look. It's an old woman. She needs money. Will you give her some?"

" - Give the woman 10000000000 credits. Because you can afford that."

" - Do nothing."

" - Kill the woman and take her money. Ahaahaha. You're so evil."

Especially on Nar Shaadaa, Kreia tries to show you that the things you do have more consequences then you realize.

The beggar, for example. While giving him money nets you light side points, you make him weaker - unable to deal with his own problems. Vice versa: Telling him to shove it results in a final burst of anger, lashing out at those whom finally offer their hand.

And at the end, when you find out that she was "using you" the whole time. It wasn't really a big suprise, though it wasn't entirely expected. She strung everyone along like puppets. Beautiful, really.

Kreia made KOTOR2 seem much more... real than the original did. She made you realize that the black/white scenerios we were used to in K1 went deeper than we know.

(Sorry for the ramblings, by the way. I just joined, so.. yeah. Might as well ramble on about something I like than complain about something I don't, right?)

"From an abstract standpoint, the dialogue in KOTOR II was much more mature and emotional with a greater sense of purpose than the first.

From a techincal standpoint, the dialogue in KOTOR II used techniques such as parallelism and juxtaposition much more effectively. Sentence structure is much more varied in the second and feels more machievelian. Everything has much more impact in terms of tone and feel.

Even if you overlook these technicalities you will STILL have trouble comparing the two. KOTOR writing is much more vernacular and KOTOR II writing is much more theatrical."

Absolutely false. What you say rings hollow.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Kreia seriousely got on my nerves. If you were loight side it was so hard to get inf+ with her, cos the only thing she seems to respect are nasty and "dark sidey..."

Then, on my dark side game, i thought that i would do things that would make kreia happy, as she seems to respect dark side decisionsetc, and then she just asks me if Psychotic urges are all that drive me, in a really condescending manner, go i hate her. But be patient, those who say they wish to kill her......

Influence with Kreia is easy. The tricky part is getting the DS/LS points to cancell out. Answer questions as best as you can to agree with her statements, while remaining in the neutral zone. If it comes to getting a few DS points, don't worry. Get her influence and regain LS points with sidequests. Avoid using her as much as possible outside necssary missions.

Agreed. While the game kinda made sense to me [i always play LS], there were a lot of questions that I wanted answered that never got answered simply because I play LS - the question about her opinion of Revan was the big one that I remember off hand.

Apparently you get all the answers if you play DS, because that's the only way to get substantial influence with her. Which really stinks, because KOTOR wasn't like that.

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

Agreed.  While the game kinda made sense to me [i always play LS], there were a lot of questions that I wanted answered that never got answered simply because I play LS - the question about her opinion of Revan was the big one that I remember off hand.

Apparently you get all the answers if you play DS, because that's the only way to get substantial influence with her.  Which really stinks, because KOTOR wasn't like that.

Yes, I am on my third LS female play through, and am still not getting enough answers from her (concerning Revan etc). So I guess that I will have to play as DS, just to find out more :huh:

Plus, I do want to find out more, and gain influence with HK and Mandalore...without it affecting my LS points :lol:

And I would like to say that I (and a whole of of others) KOTOR's storyline and writing was superior to K2's in almost every way! K2's storyline hides behind a mask of "maturity" and "depth", while in reality it is mostly a bunch of idiotic, philosophical nonsense mostly spouted from a character who has no concept of right and wrong herself *cough*KREIA*cough*. It was more of an attempt to be deeper and mature than anything else.

And if anything, K2's storlyine was the champ as far as making it seem like your actions didn't make much of a difference. In K1, the outcomes for LS and DS were radically different, whereas the outcomes in K2 were mostly the same, with the main difference being

whether or not a planet explodes

:-

Not to mention the game wasn't even finished.

Edited by Mothman