patch!! there's a patch!

(w00t) sadly, there is "a" patch but so far it's only for international versions, including the UK, go here, there is NO description so I don't have a clue that it does!!!

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/swknightsrepublic2/downloads/

It probably just brings the International Versions of KOTOR 2 up to version 242. There are two versions of Sith Lords currently available for retail:

and

-2.00.412 (I think).

(w00t) sadly, there is "a" patch but so far it's only for international versions, including the UK, go here, there is NO description so I don't have a clue that it does!!!

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/swknightsrepublic2/downloads/

It probably just brings the International Versions of KOTOR 2 up to version 242. There are two versions of Sith Lords currently available for retail:

and

-2.00.412 (I think).

:">

well hey atleast they did something! thats good enough for me.

Well, I just installed it...no readme or nothin'. Don't know what it does, and since my bugs aren't reproduceable on demand, I have no idea if it's fixed. However, it did say it has been updated from v1.0 to v1.0a, whatever that actually means.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Can anyone who has tested this patch tell us if it fixes the most annoying bugs in the game? (like the skip dialog bug and some scripting errors)

I really enjoy playing Kotor 2 if it wasnt for all those bugs, in some areas it almost feels like a beta. :thumbsup:

What ever happened to starting a product version with 1.0 and going up in .1 increments?

Much too confusing with this .0000242 stuff. The devs trying to one up each other on the biggest and most confusing decimal version number I guess (they obviously had lots of spare time for 3 months, none of which was spent working out the pc version bugs as we can all tell).

However this might be a sign that they are at least considering a patch..as they worked for 5 minutes on this do nothing one.

We can always hope right?

Here is the readme that comes with the International patch. Note that it's dated the 11th Feb, which was the release date so it's nothing new, although why OE-LA never mentioned it is beyond me...

##############################################################

STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II - THE SITH LORDS Update ReadMe

Version 1.0a

11-Feb-2005

Thank you for downloading the STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II - THE SITH LORDS Update

This update includes the following:

Manual pdf

...leaving the gamers to their own fate.

Eric, this would be very bad indeed but I fear this is all too close to the truth. Anyone tried to contact LA tech support? Anyone had a reply (other than re-directing them to another site/address)? The form is like a feckin' job application and no doubt these get immediately filtered out as spam when it reaches their server. Honestly, I'm more and more convinced this silent treatment is a ruse to stop customers simply throwing in the towel and taking the damn thing back for refund...Oh, I'll just hang on another week and see if a patch comes out, etc.

I also phoned my game store today to inquire about the returns time limit. I've got 7 days apparently, but I did learn this game is already being returned there in large numbers.

...leaving the gamers to their own fate.

Eric, this would be very bad indeed but I fear this is all too close to the truth. Anyone tried to contact LA tech support? Anyone had a reply (other than re-directing them to another site/address)? The form is like a feckin' job application and no doubt these get immediately filtered out as spam when it reaches their server. Honestly, I'm more and more convinced this silent treatment is a ruse to stop customers simply throwing in the towel and taking the damn thing back for refund...Oh, I'll just hang on another week and see if a patch comes out, etc.

I also phoned my game store today to inquire about the returns time limit. I've got 7 days apparently, but I did learn this game is already being returned there in large numbers.

At least your place allows PC game returns. The place I bought it from has a no returns policy on PC games on account of the piracy problem.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Hah ! They just put this patch up on the LA server. C'mon you can do better than this pathetic appeasment. Also, has anyone else noticed that the updater included with the game is FUBAR. It requires files that are missing in the actual game install...

sw_pc_autopatch.txt and sw_pc_english.txt

WTF?

a young boy's desire to play the sith lords ( a silent movie)

:wub: kotor

(w00t) kotor 2 is coming out!!!

:( the release date has been changed?

:D (w00t) :lol: :cool: :-" (w00t) I GOT KOTOR2!!!

:blink: it's not working

;) here's a fix

:- not a fix

:cool: here's a fix

:( not a fix

:o here's a fix

:"> not a fix

(w00t) ooh a patch

:( $%$!@! PATCH!!!

:devil: plot to take out certian manufacturers if I don't get my patch

:-"  you on crack? go check it out man, I know many mods there that post all the time.

I have no need to visit bioware ATM.

Things must have changed then because when I was a regular there people were complaining about the exact same things. NO official responses, you were actually lucky to get a reply at all!

At least you guys get the damn game to start. I can't get past the character creation portion. Once I press the Play button, the loading slider gets to about 25% and then pauses. At this point nothing happens for a few seconds and then a Window pops up telling me that the program is Not Responding...I've updated drivers, backdated drivers, added the line of code to the swkotor2.ini file, re-installed the game...everything that I can think of. I'm running a 2.4GHz P4 512mb with Sapphire ATI Radeon 128mb 9200SE. Is my disc damaged? Anyone have any idea? I got the game Saturday and have been internalizing my tears for three days as I look at the box wasting away. Someone please help.

At least you guys get the damn game to start.  I can't get past the character creation portion.  Once I press the Play button, the loading slider gets to about 25% and then pauses.  At this point nothing happens for a few seconds and then a Window pops up telling me that the program is Not Responding...I've updated drivers, backdated drivers, added the line of code to the swkotor2.ini file, re-installed the game...everything that I can think of.  I'm running a 2.4GHz P4 512mb with Sapphire ATI Radeon 128mb 9200SE.  Is my disc damaged?  Anyone have any idea?  I got the game Saturday and have been internalizing my tears for three days as I look at the box wasting away.  Someone please help.

U tried installing the official ATI Catalyst Drivers instead of the tweaked Omega Ones (in case you use em)?

Does the Hardware Scan Program give you any error report?