On George Lucas

Darth Jebus

One other evidence of the madness of George, one that actually tell of him knowing that he's mad. Direct quote:

The things that have come out exactly as I wanted them to come out, have not been very successful

Ill just say it like Dr. Phil "If the only common denominator in a series of failiures is you.. well, go figure."

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Don't listen to Wheelman, he is just kidding with you. It really stands for Endangered Unicyclists. They are a group of unicyclers that travel to all the Star Wars conventions and do tricks and such while wearing costumes of popular Star Wars characters.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

What is EU? :">

And you guys just voted 'Yes' to it in a recent referendum...

Ah well, I thought somebody would have given you the real answer long ago...

EU is the Expanded Universe (implicit, the Star Wars Universe).

A series of books by various authors and of varying quality expanding the universe presented in the movies. All in the name of securing George Lucas' economic independence as he couldn't write a decent story to save his life. He tolerates the presence of these authors and allows their books to carry the Star Wars name, although with the disclaimer that none of it is to be considered canon unless it appears in a movie.

Did I get it right ? :huh:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yes.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

What is EU? :">

And you guys just voted 'Yes' to it in a recent referendum...

First thanks for the answer.

Second we vote "Yes" in a recent referndum, but only the 42% of the people vote, others, like me, decided not vote, because I didn't know the Constitution. And as you say "Business is Business" we get too many money from Germany... Eps, I had to say from the EU :cool:

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

I was watching Behind the scenes of Ep3 where George wanders around the skywalker ranch among concepts, set-thingies everything and goes

"They're already building sets.. God, Im going to have to start with the script pretty soon"

georgie boy really knows his stuff.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Without the EU, Star Wars would be a dead, but greatly loved, property.

With all the people trying to get a piece of the Star Wars pie, way back when, Lucas was forced with a decision, so he chose the smart one. Let them write all this stuff and collect the royalties off of it.

If EU had been allowed to run unchecked, Star Wars would have died an agonizing death a long, long time ago. The idea of Marvel doing X-Men to Star Wars crossovers and whatnot would have been unbearable. And if they could have, they would have. Dark Horse would have followed suit, and it would have been an unsightly mess.

The other problem with the EU is, none of it has any bearing on Star Wars as a whole at all. The original Jaster Mereel is a good example. Lucas didn't care, developed his own Boba Fett backstory, and voila. EU had to scramble to keep up, and fans got exceptionally irrate. Too many get fixated on it, then get upset when Lucas' ideas, and EU clash.

I read all three of Zahn's novels. And like so many in EU, he tries so hard to fit the characters (someone elses characters) to a personality that he thinks they should have, and gets it totally wrong. Luke was his typical ESB doofus self, complete with canned ESB quotes. The books were otherwise enjoyable, but when I saw Zahn resorting to trying to quote the characters from movie lines, I just got very annoyed. That's simply bad writing.

This is why DragonLance died. Weiss and Hickman going back and bringing about a finality to the whole world was a nice touch, but the damage had already been done.

What I respect about Lucas is, he NEVER lets the fans dictate the story, unlike Star Trek (Kirk's death was delayed and then rewritten how many times?)

Too many cooks.. ?

But it has more to do with WHO you get to spice up the old brew. If you take the old 70-80's SW comics, they stink. Take ToTJ, they stink but not as much. Then go to modern day clonewars-era comics and it knocks out the prequels completely.

Problem is just that there are 11 hacks and one talented guy to a dozen.