On George Lucas

Darth Jebus

lets face it, all the people in here having a go at him for 'ruining' their beloved star wars (er is it not george lucas' beloved star wars?) have these people even achieved 1% of what he has (and im talking when you add all their acheivments together!)

thought not

so, we have to have made a billion dollars ourselves to be able to point out what kind of horrible choices Lucas has made with his franchise?

you're out of your mind.

I have to agree with this as well.

I'd also like to add that Lucas didn't really "make" any money, more like stumbled on it like winning the lottery.

I mean come on, go read one of the original scripts :(

-Luke was originally a girl

What's so outragous about that?

The haircuts.

:("

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

what alot of you seem to be forgetting is that the true genius behind the whole stars wars concept is george lucas

This is what I dont belive. If you take a look at early drafts of the original screenplays and other things, you end up with a bunch of really idiotic ideas by Lucas that were corrected by the talented people around him(screenwriters, directors, producers, artists, FXpeople etc.) On his own, Lucas is nothing but a sad hack.

selection original Lucas ideas: (from imdb and various others)

-George Lucas planned for the characters of Luke Skywalker and his aunt and uncle, to be midgets.

-George Lucas had planned the character of Han Solo to be a huge green-skinned monster with no nose and gills.

-Luke was originally a girl

-Luke was first named "Luke Sarkiller" (after being changed into a man)

..it just goes on and on. Basicly, everything that made Star Wars good was done by other people.

Not that iam a big fan of Lucas writing skills, but to his defense this is usually called pre production phase which every movie is running thru. Its always obscure reading first drafts/early ideas of a movie. Ripley in "Alien" were also later changed from a man to a woman, the early concept drawings of the Facehugger by O'bannon were laughable, so on, so on, so on...

Lucas is one of the best film makers ever. Period. People seem to forget that he has final decision on everything. People may have given their opinion on certain things; but everything goes through him. The buck stops with Lucas. The good, the bad, and the ugly are his call. Only scum would blame everything back with Lucas' films on him; but then turn around and give him none of the credit for the good.

What I find hialrious is that people bash the newer SW movies yet you'll all go seem them like little lemmings. Espicially since the enwer movies are just as good as the older ones. :rolleyes:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think it just boils down to:

1. With Lucas being controlled and toned down by producers etc. we got a series of films that changed the childhood and imagination of a whole generation.

2. With Lucas being able to do exactly what he wants, we get Jar-Jar, Hayden "Darth Whiny" Christensen, Puppy love, snoopy wardroids and just a ton of garbage. And its no accident either, Lucas has repeatedly said that "this is how I want it, go f*uck yourselves if you dont like it"

He is a twit, period. Plus he's got no chin.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

well, it would have made the incesteous kisses between luke and leia thatmuch weirder

Weirder...or hotter? >_<

Plus he's got no chin.

I think Lucas had some talent in his youth, with Indiana Jones, Willow, in addition to Star Wars.

Somewhere, somehow, between doughnut #3928 and doughnut #4012, he lost it.

Is it just me, or is Lucas' obesession with mutilating things connecting him to the past reminisent Michael Jacksons self inflicted mutilations ?

As if they somehow try to forcibly sever the connections to a different time and a different life :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I used to consider Lucas a hero after watching the original trilogy. I even wrote a letter to him describing my admiration of him.

After watching Episode 1, I was confused. Could my idol be destroying the very thing he created? I hoped Episode 2 would be as good as the original trilogy was. So I bided my time, and waited.

Episode 2 was released, I was disappointed, even a little bitter. But my love of Star Wars kept me going to wait for Episode 3.

Then the Special Edition DVDs came out, and my hatred, anger, rage for the man was complete. No longer content in spoiling the prequels with gungans and midichlorians, Lucas turned his death touch to the original films, the classics, the gods of films, the untouchables.

You say Lucas is the father of Star Wars? He had the ideas, certainly. It was the DIRECTORS who brought it to stunning life in the original trilogy. This is why the prequels suck - Lucas has directed them.

The real fathers are Timothy Zahn, Tom Veitch, Kevin J Anderson, Greg Keyes, James Luceno, Aaron Allston, and all of the countless other EU contributors who took Lucas's universe, shaped it, modelled it, into the base we know and love today. KOTOR is a result of these men, not Lucas. Lucas has no involvement, he just signs the papers and collects the cash.

Lucas was never controlled by producers he did it his way

Stuff it Mr. Blake-I'm-Not-Nationalistic-GO-AUSTRALIA!!!

Did your other username get banned after all that trolling you were doing the other day?

what are you on about on topic please

I'm on about you making a doppel account because you pissed off the mods Mr. Obsidian-doesn't-ban-they-just-censor. This is your original profile is it not Master Jedi?

Guys, guys, this is not the place for trolling or flaming. Its a discussion on George Lucas :p

Now we're not the only ones who believe Episodes 1 and 2 were disappointing. Practically look at ANY OTHER SW message board, except the ones on the Official Site of course which are full of idiots who praise him and take midichlorians and that crap seriously, and you'll see people who think the two prequels so far could have been much, much better.

So what do you think Lucas thinks of Eps 1 and 2? Does he genuinely believe they were good?

Guys, guys, this is not the place for trolling or flaming. Its a discussion on George Lucas :p

Now we're not the only ones who believe Episodes 1 and 2 were disappointing. Practically look at ANY OTHER SW message board, except the ones on the Official Site of course which are full of idiots who praise him and take midichlorians and that crap seriously, and you'll see people who think the two prequels so far could have been much, much better.

So what do you think Lucas thinks of Eps 1 and 2? Does he genuinely believe they were good?

Dude, Star Wars was always ALL ABOUT the midichlorians, don't pretend it wasn't. George is just like Herve, HE HAS A PLAN!

Guys, guys, this is not the place for trolling or flaming. Its a discussion on George Lucas :)

Dude, Star Wars was always ALL ABOUT the midichlorians, don't pretend it wasn't. George is just like Herve, HE HAS A PLAN!

Oh, he almost certainly does. Because ol' Georgie Lucas knows that he never has to worry about money again - he can practically live off the interest his bank account generates each year. So he can get away with making awful movies and betraying his fans, because he knows the little kids will like it still, especially if he puts in some god damn stupid aliens in it like Jar Jar Binks. His plan is to make SW more and more awful while he reels in the money. He is the Devil.

I wonder what kind of hellish blasphemy we will see in the future? When ole George becomes too old to desecrate the concept himself and sells it to the highest-bidding Hollywood whore?

What is EU? :">

And you guys just voted 'Yes' to it in a recent referendum...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein