On George Lucas

Darth Jebus

If anyone's even interested that is. :ph34r:

No

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

George is just an ass that spends most of his time destroying what other people accomplished for him 1977-83

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Lawrence Kasdan, Leigh Brackett, Irvin Kershner, Richard Marquand, and David Webb Peoples were the folks who took ole' lucas' Flash Gordon/hidden Fortress rip off and fleshed it out and crafted it into a viable sci-fi mythology.

Mitaclorians, Clones, Jar Jar Binks as a senator, the ham fisted love scenes in ep 2, and the "SUPER DELUXE RE-EDIT AMAZING DIGITALIZED VERSION DVDS" make lucas a hack and removes any respect due to the guy.

Lucas is a pioneer. All of us older folks that grew up on the sacred triolgy seem to forget that star wars was mainly created for the kids. I know noone wants to hear it but it's the truth. Despite what some grown man living in his mothers attic mailing off ceral box tops for his Yoda in thong action figure may say (point proven) The movies were and always have been for the kids. Ask my kids what they think about Jar Jar Binks and they will tell you he is hilarious. Just like when I was 8 years old and I thought the Ewoks were so cool. Looking back now (shivers and pukes) I think the Ewoks were lame but it is for the kids. I know EMPIRE was dark and brooding but it was still for the kids. If you watch the new movies for plot and substance you will be very dissapointed. If you watch the old movies for plot and substance you don't know what real plot and substance are. Luke I am your father?????????????? Cmon people. Enjoy star wars for what it has always been about. A fun escape from reality.

Lawrence Kasdan, Leigh Brackett, Irvin Kershner, Richard Marquand, and David Webb Peoples were the folks who took ole' lucas' Flash Gordon/hidden Fortress rip off and fleshed it out and crafted it into a viable sci-fi mythology.

Mitaclorians, Clones, Jar Jar Binks as a senator, the ham fisted love scenes in ep 2, and the "SUPER DELUXE RE-EDIT AMAZING DIGITALIZED VERSION DVDS" make lucas a hack and removes any respect due to the guy.

:luck:

:luck:

i knew i loved you for a reason :p

:blink:

;)

I think Lawrence Kasdan and Leigh Brackett indeed saved the Star Wars sequels. D.W. Peoples also is a good writer, but which parts on ROJ was written by him (since he was uncredited)? Kershner and Marquand are medicore directors like Lucas. Lucas seems more interested on the technical aspect of a movie then the principal shoots with the actors. I think he should best stick as a producer and story writer. But screenplay and direction isnt really his big thing.

It really seems that the success of the first three episodes can only be attributed to circumstance. Some limitations in technology, financial, some in time seem to have played a major part in Lucas not "screwing up" the most beloved films of my childhood. From the new films to the EU George Lucas and the people looking become leeches off the Star wars name, seem not to be content until it is totally run into the ground

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Lucas is a pioneer. All of us older folks that grew up on the sacred triolgy seem to forget that star wars was mainly created for the kids. I know noone wants to hear it but it's the truth. Despite what some grown man living in his mothers attic mailing off ceral box tops for his Yoda in thong action figure may say (point proven) The movies were and always have been for the kids. Ask my kids what they think about Jar Jar Binks and they will tell you he is hilarious. Just like when I was 8 years old and I thought the Ewoks were so cool. Looking back now (shivers and pukes) I think the Ewoks were lame but it is for the kids. I know EMPIRE was dark and brooding but it was still for the kids. If you watch the new movies for plot and substance you will be very dissapointed. If you watch the old movies for plot and substance you don't know what real plot and substance are. Luke I am your father?????????????? Cmon people. Enjoy star wars for what it has always been about. A fun escape from reality.

Doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed by 'adults'. Take the X-Men and Spiderman movies for example.

:geek:

:p

manthing2.jpg

Doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed by 'adults'. Take the X-Men and Spiderman movies for example.

:-

:thumbsup:

You tell ME not to make Quote Trees! o:)

Kershner mediocre? He directed the best one, ESB

Yes, and I think he made a decent job on ESB but the true genius behind SW/ESB still are George Lucas, John Barry, Norman Reynolds, Roger Christian, Leslie Dilley, Michael Ford, Harry Lange, Alan Tomkins, Lawrence Kasdan, Leigh Brackett and the complete FX Crew. If you remove all of them you get someone who did Never say Never, Seaquest (Pilot) and Robocop 2. Probably his "The Flim-Flam Man" was as good as ESB, I dont know never seen it.

what alot of you seem to be forgetting is that the true genius behind the whole stars wars concept is george lucas, if it wasnt for him we never would have had star wars!!

and what the guy said earlier about taking the films for what they are as kids films was spot on. they are primarily aimed at kids, but are just so good that adults love them as well.

lets face it, all the people in here having a go at him for 'ruining' their beloved star wars (er is it not george lucas' beloved star wars?) have these people even achieved 1% of what he has (and im talking when you add all their acheivments together!)

thought not

what alot of you seem to be forgetting is that the true genius behind the whole stars wars concept is george lucas, if it wasnt for him we never would have had star wars!!

and what the guy said earlier about taking the films for what they are as kids films was spot on. they are primarily aimed at kids, but are just so good that adults love them as well.

lets face it, all the people in here having a go at him for 'ruining' their beloved star wars (er is it not george lucas' beloved star wars?) have these people even achieved 1% of what he has (and im talking when you add all their acheivments together!)

thought not

True. But I fail to see why this means we are not allowed to have opinions on his latest work.

thought not

so, we have to have made a billion dollars ourselves to be able to point out what kind of horrible choices Lucas has made with his franchise?

you're out of your mind.

I think Lucas had some talent in his youth, with Indiana Jones, Willow, in addition to Star Wars.

Somewhere, somehow, between doughnut #3928 and doughnut #4012, he lost it.

I think the ewoks in return of the jedi were the first give a way. A bunch of prehistoric apes that can use rude tools won against empires best and brightest armed with lasers + couple of "walkers". And one ewok died. Whee!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I think the ewoks in return of the jedi were the first give a way. A bunch of prehistoric apes that can use rude tools won against empires best and brightest armed with lasers + couple of "walkers". And one ewok died. Whee!

The Empire should have conscripted the ewoks into its army instead using Stormtroopers... I've always wondered what the function of the Stormtrooper armor was - it's heavy, cumbersome, but it only takes one blaster shot to kill a Stormtrooper...

what alot of you seem to be forgetting is that the true genius behind the whole stars wars concept is george lucas

This is what I dont belive. If you take a look at early drafts of the original screenplays and other things, you end up with a bunch of really idiotic ideas by Lucas that were corrected by the talented people around him(screenwriters, directors, producers, artists, FXpeople etc.) On his own, Lucas is nothing but a sad hack.

selection original Lucas ideas: (from imdb and various others)

-George Lucas planned for the characters of Luke Skywalker and his aunt and uncle, to be midgets.

-George Lucas had planned the character of Han Solo to be a huge green-skinned monster with no nose and gills.

-Luke was originally a girl

-Luke was first named "Luke Sarkiller" (after being changed into a man)

..it just goes on and on. Basicly, everything that made Star Wars good was done by other people.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "