What is your prefered character type?

Darque

I prefer to be a chaotic/neutral rouge.  I like dark without the evil, so I usually go with a Drow Elf in D&D (I know, a non-evil Drow is unorthadox, but so am I :- ).  No allies, no enemies, and no cause.  Just a wandering, restless soul out to have a little fun.

And slaughter any annoying elves around ... :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

im usualy a phicic gageter to make things like my own cars and get into peoples heads. my race is usualy the oddest alien and i try to get advantiges by making robotroid objects or even having part merchant part gagitier to make anything i want......... peace out.

When roleplaying I like to vent all my antisocial tendencies so I choose female warriors and beat up anyone I can. Then steal their boots and burn down their house.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

When roleplaying I like to vent all my antisocial tendencies so I choose female warriors and beat up anyone I can. Then steal their boots and burn down their house.

... And rape them for good measure.

:D Did I say that out loud? :ermm: <_< :D :-" :thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have taken on some new gamers into my group as most others have moved out of state. I'm running them through a White Wolf Gehenna game that is very personal, oppresive, and story-centric. They tell me in their other game they just created level 40 characters, and play against CR 50 enemies in an epic campaign.

Having 24 attacks is so cool! And all our characters are dragons polymorphed into humans! It's so cool!

I want to cry right then and there. They're entitled to having fun, but why is an ever increasing scale in dice cool? Your enemies also have more dice? Is there more strategy really? Or is a means of dragging combat out even longer, and creating more rules debates?

Who really enjoys playing uber-characters?

I'd rather play Prometheus than Zeus.

I only ever answered the Ultima (3, I think) beginning questionaire according to my internal frame of reference once -- i.e. without manufacturing a valorous fighter or an arcane magic user, etc -- and I ended up as a shepherd. A SHEPHERD! How the blinking pelican crossing are you meant to play an RPG with NO class at all?

;)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

And supposedly favor shee...eh, nothing. :thumbsup:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Some sort of Assassin.

Natch. :)

Actually, I really like Navarra, she was the coolest character (although Deakin was the funniest) in NwN HotU.

Always struck me as the perfect woman: butter wouldn't melt, so long as everything went swimmingly; as soon as you crossed her: bang! Surprise attack with more damage than is required to kill a pod of orcas. :p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There is a D&D comedy bit. It's pretty funny. One small bit from it goes something like this...

I wanna cast...Magic missile!

Why do you want to cast magic missile, there's nothing to attack here.

I...I'm attacking the darkness!

I prefer to be a chaotic/neutral rouge.  I like dark without the evil, so I usually go with a Drow Elf in D&D (I know, a non-evil Drow is unorthadox, but so am I :) ).  No allies, no enemies, and no cause.  Just a wandering, restless soul out to have a little fun.

And slaughter any annoying elves around ... :D

Yes, well, while some consider that evil, others like myself think of it as a noble deed. Thus, it is neutral by default. :)

sig2.gif

A Vigilante, that rights the wrongs in a world that needs it.

Intelligence, strength, magic...in that order. I get more out of games when I am able to influence people to do my bidding rather than simply kill them.

Weapon of choice: A fine sword of some sort.

Back to my previous question:

is a vigilante like Dirty Harry chaotic good, or Lawful Evil ?

Possibly more lawful evil. Bruce willis in the Die Hard movies was chaotic good. Wait, why not lawful neutral? Isn't that the description for honourable mercenaries or something?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I prefer to be a chaotic/neutral rouge.  I like dark without the evil, so I usually go with a Drow Elf in D&D (I know, a non-evil Drow is unorthadox, but so am I :rolleyes: ).  No allies, no enemies, and no cause.  Just a wandering, restless soul out to have a little fun.

Actually, a non-evil drow is now a cliche known as Drizzt (I forget where the ' goes) due to the horrible, horrible writing of the paradoxically successful R.A. Salvatore.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I'll say lawful Evil on harry as well. Punk.

Yeah, the only diffculty with that is the greater good that Harry is pursuing. If you take the first film (I haven't read any of the novels, so the character portrayed within them may be very different; I shall contain my comments to the films); Harry is all for torturing Scorpio to find the hostage girl. He is all for sacrificing his police career to kill Scorpio. He's not doing it to be more evil ... and yet he is still following a code.

Another example. The Cosa Nostra (i.e. the organisation erroneously referred to as the Mafia) has a code of behaviour steeped in respect for women and those more senior members of the society / clan. The ethos is very secist, but still they would never kill a woman, for example. Lawful Evil? Sure.

But what is Harry? He is striving for the greater good using any means possible, yet he has a code of conduct he abides by: chaotic or lawful? :)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT