Influence Bugged??

Gotag

So, I'm running around Nar Shad with my all Jedi babe posse, Handmaiden and Visas. I'm so filled with inner goodness that Con-Ed could hook me up in case of blackouts and both of my honeys love me for it.

Now I check on the character screen and all three of us have light mastery with bonuses. Nice!!

Anyway, after a few encounters and whatnot I decide to grab Candyman to talk to those Mandalorians in the flophouse. I go back to the Ebon Hawk to get him because I want to see if a ship encounter is triggered. No ship encouter sadly but I grab Candy, go talk to the mandalorians who agree to follow him with my prompting (help).

Now first, I gain no influence with Candy which is kinda stupid given the nature of this encounter but fair enough. Secondly, I also notice that Handmaiden has lost her lightside mastery bonus but she is still lightside enough to have it. This type of thing occurred to the PC occasionally in K1 so I guess LM and DM is buggy. Again no biggy.

So I go back to the Ebon Hawk again (looking to trigger that damn ship encounter and again foiled, drat!!) to switch out Candy and grab Visas. I check both Visas and Handmaiden and neither has the LM bonus and not only that but Visas has dropped down in lightside too. Almost as if she had done a darkside deed while I wasn't watching (naughty naughty) Now no encounters I had had any dialogue with Visas or any announcment of influence loss so I was a bit baffled.

Then though I decided to do some maitinence on the relatively unused NPCs in the party and swapped them in/out using the party composition screen without going back to the Ebon Hawk. I ended with Handmaiden and Visas to continue the game and lo and behold both are light masters again with all the bonuses.

So clearly something is rather bugged here. It's almost as if entering/exiting the Ebon Hawk has a different character check that the party composition screen.

Anyone else run into something similar?

Gotag

Heh..Heh... Enjoyed your literature....Candyman?? Heh heh. The candyman can cause he mixes it with love.........Yuk! :D

I noticed the same thing and my two cents is that it's a screen refresh issue. The mastery is there until you do something in the game to remove it. I constantly have the same issue with Security on some doors. I have a level 30 Security, yet on some doors, the skill isn't an available option to even select. No biggie, I either bash it or use a team member. Failing that, I reload a save and low and behold, the skill is available again to be used on the SAME door. Go figure.

Same story with Masteries as you outlined. If you turn on the game rolls, its pretty clear that the modifiers are still present. I had to do a deed to get them to change. Even influence drops were'nt enough to change mastery in most cases unless a DS/LS drop went with the influence change. Like force Choking Disciple....heh heh. He liked it though....the sicko.

The candyman can....the candyman can cause.....oh enough already.

Hammer.

Welcome to the fabulous rushed world that is Kotor2, Please keep all arms and legs inside the ride at all times. And no whining about the completely unintelligible ending and plot holes. Don't forget to tip your LucasArts Numbercruncher and thank him for releasing the game to early!

Have a Nice Day. o:)