Cut Ending Stuff

Best of luck with the mod aiming at putting an ending in the game.

If you manage to do it (I imagine it's a hugely complex process), you will win my acolades and I will playing kotor2 a 4th time to appreciate it :rolleyes:

hopefully it will fit in with that group that is trying to reimplement the hk factory?

is there any group trying to fix korriban? the game would be absolutely awesome if those three things were fixed up o:)

What bothers me the most is that the Devs don't seem interested in what their fans have to say.

It should not be that hard to add a little comment...

Obsidian must be contractually obligated to keep their mouths shut. I guarantee Chris Avellone is more angry/disappointed than any of us. I know I would be if an editor ripped out 90% of a last chapter of something I was writing, then published it.

Writers are narcissists, my dear.

Obsidian is wearing a legal straight jacket.

Maybe someone here is a member of Obsidian and just logged on in an internet cafe or somewhere and told us about all these hidden endings and extras that were cut.

i-ve been reading this thread for the past few hours, and i must say that i'm very impresed by the support the comunity is showing for the game, and even thougt no one fownd a way to get the game's ending restored, i'm still glad i found out how the game was suposed to be .

So thank you Aurora, Highpriest, camicortes and Eji for reavealing me the real game underneath TSL.

Keep up the good work. :)

Having said that, wasn't Brian Lawson also the guy who wrote something in GameSpy that arrogantly dismissed the initial criticism as a "few" disgruntled players?

Sorry to disappoint...but that wasn't me. :)

GASP! Can it be?!

I think hes here just for the free gizka ....

Damn, we can't lynch this one. Better wait for the next ;):)

Some of you guys crack me up...even the haterz. ;)

But to be honest guys, I didn't even work on the game...but I am familiar with how the industry works and I don't think there's much I could personally say that would help you guys out.

Well you could say that gizka are good with ketchup, or that they don't taste like chicken...

...or do they?

:ph34r: He'd have to get clearance from LA before he could say that :ph34r:

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Maybe someone here is a member of Obsidian and just logged on in an internet cafe or somewhere and told us about all these hidden endings and extras that were cut.

CURSES! MY SECRET IDENTITY, REVEALED!

*runs off to France*

Aurora! you can't leave for France!

Actually yes you can, but take your computer with you, and make sure you get a fast connection over there.

I think you and everyone who's working on the Mod has the support of everyone here. I wish I had some programming skills to help you out but I work in frikken finance, which is were people of average intelligence gather when they can't figure out what they want to do. :)

Anyways good luck and don't burn yourself out.

Some of you guys crack me up...even the haterz.  :lol:

But to be honest guys, I didn't even work on the game...but I am familiar with how the industry works and I don't think there's much I could personally say that would help you guys out.

Since Aurora is trying to put togther a mod team to reimplement the cut content, maybe Obsidian could officially support the mod with info, dev notes, maybe software tools, etc.?

It seems like a good idea to me. What would you say, Aurora, this is your project, in a large part, so your input (assuming Obsidian would/could go along with something like this) would be appreciated.

Someone from Obsidian could login (as anonymous ofcourse) to Aurora's IRC-channel and give the modders some tips *hint* *hint*

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Some of you guys crack me up...even the haterz.  ;)

Since Aurora is trying to put togther a mod team to reimplement the cut content, maybe Obsidian could officially support the mod with info, dev notes, maybe software tools, etc.?

It seems like a good idea to me. What would you say, Aurora, this is your project, in a large part, so your input (assuming Obsidian would/could go along with something like this) would be appreciated.

Are they actually allowed to do this? Isn't the software a property of Bioware?

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Some of you guys crack me up...even the haterz.  ;)

Are they actually allowed to do this? Isn't the software a property of Bioware?

IIRC, Obsidian can't support mods for TSL, since it's strictly forbidden (or not encouraged) by Lucasarts.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Deleted first part of this post, since it was a bit of a d'oh :)

-----------

I do respect the email that Fearqus(sic?) sent back to our one reader who was kind enough to post his email on this thread. I can understand that they are new and that their hands are tied in what they can do.

Also, I think that support for modding is going to be non-existant, since LA HATES any and all modding done to Star Wars games. (mostly because of the possible changes to canon storylines)

However, Obsidian, I hope you understand that despite your apologies and that you say "have learned from your mistakes", your next games are NOT going to be bought sight unseen by me. And despite the post on the NWN forums that states that you are working for a completely different publisher now, I would like to remind you that said publisher is Atari / Infogrames, who have just as much of a penchant for forcing early releases as LucasArts has. The Temple of Elemental Evil comes readily to mind.

Also, I would like to remind you that simply sucking up to a publisher's demands will in no way guarantee that you can continue to exist as a developer, if it leads to grossly unfinished games. Again, see Troika.

I can only hope that you truly HAVE learned from your mistakes, and that you are aware that what you have done IS indeed a mistake.

New games are coming out, and Kotor2 is probably going to wind up uninstalled sometime soon, after a mere two playthroughs. While the game and the story are excellent, the complete lack of any kind of ending or closure just leaves a sour taste in my mouth everytime I watch those ending credits roll.

Time for Act of War, methinks.

Creston

I can't believe that KOTOR II got two developers choice awards?!!?!

Do the people who run those things realize that the game is incomplete!!?!

Do they even play the games?!!???

As a matter of fact did the people in OE and LA play the game fully??

Did they think they could get away with that WTF ending??

Is there a plan to sell an expansion pack???

Do they want to lose both valuable consumers and their money??

Did they think of the consequences?

Will you buy another OE game after that?

From my experiance working at a Video Game store I get an average of two games returned a week.

I can't even recomend it to anyone (A friend who did had a nasty time with the person he sold it to)

From what I have seen it would be wise to DO somthing before they end up loosing more money then they put in to the game development.

I myself had very high hopes for the game and everything that I heard in reviews was true the gamplay was good and the story was OK but that can't hope to excuse or forgive the ending *excuse me* lack of ending or explanation of what to expect. also what about the dead ends in the game? Examples: G0-T0, HK-47/HK-50s, lack of story with Mandalore, Darth Nihilus(he was extremely over rated), T3-M4(what is his story?), and Disciple(Why was he even in the story?)

I am sorry for being random but the ending is EXTREMELY frustrating.

I can't believe that KOTOR II got two developers choice awards?!!?!

Do the people who run those things realize that the game is incomplete!!?!

Do they even play the games?!!???

As a matter of fact did the people in OE and LA play the game fully??

Did they think they could get away with that WTF ending??

Is there a plan to sell an expansion pack???

Do they want to lose both valuable consumers and their money??

Did they think of the consequences?

Will you buy another OE game after that?

From my experiance working at a Video Game store I get an average of two games returned a week.

I can't even recomend it to anyone (A friend who did had a nasty time with the person he sold it to)

From what I have seen it would be wise to DO somthing before they end up loosing more money then they put in to the game development.

I myself had very high hopes for the game and everything that I heard in reviews was true the gamplay was good and the story was OK but that can't hope to excuse or forgive the ending *excuse me* lack of ending or explanation of what to expect.  also what about the dead ends in the game?  Examples: G0-T0, HK-47/HK-50s, lack of story with Mandalore, Darth Nihilus(he was extremely over rated), T3-M4(what is his story?), and Disciple(Why was he even in the story?)

I am sorry for being random but the ending is EXTREMELY frustrating.

Read this thread all the way through. You'll get some answers