Cut Ending Stuff

My first post on this forum, just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth.

I loved KOTOR I and replayed it many times and like so many others here, waited impatiently for the release of KOTOR II. In fact I bought it on the first day of release (PC version). I didn't have all the problems some people on this board did with the bugs and graphics (I have a newer system) and I felt the story was deeper and some of the characters more interesting (Kreia). I guess I should say I enjoyed the story up to a point.

What was shaping up to be a terrific sequel to KOTOR turned instead into a stink bomb that went off in my face. Too many loose ends that weren't tied up (HK-50 factory, GOTO and Remote, to name two) and an ending that wasn't worthy of a Star Wars game left me confused and angry.

I'm thankful to the many post here on the cut scenes and dialog that we never got to hear. It helps explain a lot. And, I remain hopeful that the mod community can put together a completed ending for us fans and do what Obsidian should have in the first place. Furthermore, if there ever is a KOTOR 3, I won't be buying it if this is the quality of product that LA/Obsidian puts out. Like so many, I only have so much I can spend on games and $50 is too much for an unfinished one. As my dear old dad use to say, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to rant.

BTW, I signed the petition.

Hey!!

This all is great, but so sad, i can't believe this from LucasArts or from Obsidian, but w/e, what it's done, it's done. (Yes they can fix it, the force may be with them)

But, i was listening to those dialogs, then i found this

KoTOR2\StreamVoice\852\852sacri

Its seems is something with Visas (My loved one n_n)

But she in tha game, says that she love the Exile, but what this dialogs mean then??

If someone could help me i would apreciate it very much..

Thx

Between the 78.000 views in this thread and the 22.000 views in the petition thread, I'm thinking Obsidian and LA are beginning to feel pretty embarassed that they didn't take the extra two months to keep this stuff in.

Then again, the only thing LA is doing is counting those dollars. Scumbags.

Creston

When going through some of the 904MAL.git at the modules and it seems like there are several waypoints that are NOT triggered, those are:

WP_ATTON_DEAD

WP_ATTON_ALIVE

WP_ATTON_WALKTO_1

WP_KREIA_ATTON_1

WP_KREIA_ATTON_2

WP_KREIA_HANDISC_1

WP_KREIA_HANDISC_2

WP_KRIEA_MIRA_1

WP_KRIEA_MIRA_2

Each of these string are included with seperate structs, which includes x,y,z coordinates and orientation. Interesting...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Heh, I just found a nice convo between Mira and Atton (I think it's cut, I never heard it)

File 003/Disk 4

Fun, here's on of the quotes:

Mira: Oh well, it's not really a competition, I mean, you're kinda an idiot Atton, you don't shower enough and you scratch yourrrr "equipment" when you think no one's looking.

Seems like they're on about Disciple, an I've yet to play my female games so it might be in :/

I've never run into that conversation before... hmm... will have to buy PC version so I can play these files for myself...

Maybe you could post the entire conversation?

Heh, I just found a nice convo between Mira and Atton (I think it's cut, I never heard it)

File 003/Disk 4

Fun, here's on of the quotes:

Mira: Oh well, it's not really a competition, I mean, you're kinda an idiot Atton, you don't shower enough and you scratch yourrrr "equipment" when you think no one's looking.

Seems like they're on about Disciple, an I've yet to play my female games so it might be in :/

Still amusing though.

I can't believe how much of this stuff is cut.

*plays HK-50 screams again*

Oh that whole folder is GREAT... lol..

I have heard the first couple of files in the folder in-game (files 4001-4009), but I dunno how to trigger the rest. :(

Good. Someone should e-mail the staff at Gamespy, Gameinformer, Gamespot and IGN and tell them about this thread and the petition.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Internet petitions never do anything, I'm afraid. Obsidian aren't going to go back and reimplement cut endings when they have other projects to work on. Unless each of the 3000 petition signers is willing to pay a bit of money to LA, Obsidian won't be allowed to make a single change beyond patching it. Charity isn't what LA is used to.

Sorry, I don't have the time to read 35 pages right now, so this will probably have been asked already. Anyway: How can I listen to the cut dialogue lines? Is there a player I can download to open the missing files with? And in which folder are they located?

anyone else noticed that this thread is turning less from the cut endings more into 'lets see the different conversations we can unlock and I wonder how we can trigger them in game?'

Anyway, has Obsidan or LA stated anything at all as regards to the cut endings? Whether or not it's not on this board has anything been offically or unoffically stated?

anyone else noticed that this thread is turning less from the cut endings more into 'lets see the different conversations we can unlock and I wonder how we can trigger them in game?'

Anyway, has Obsidan or LA stated anything at all as regards to the cut endings? Whether or not it's not on this board has anything been offically or unoffically stated?

Yes, Tomel, Obsidian has commented on it. Clearly about the Droid Planet; less so about the revised endgame. Look at my thread for what they've said in the past about it:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=30615&st=0

Sorry, I don't have the time to read 35 pages right now, so this will probably have been asked already. Anyway: How can I listen to the cut dialogue lines? Is there a player I can download to open the missing files with? And in which folder are they located?

The main "bulk" of it is on page 1 and 2(3?), the latter has more clear stuffz.

Well then it seems its time for me to get out of my lurking mode and make my first post on the forum

I have been following the game since the forums first opend here, went sligtly mad when the delay was announced for us Euro's and never dared going in the spoiler section till i completed my own game.

Well now i finished it two days ago i must say i loved the game found it better then the original when i was nearing the end i heared about some concerns about the open end.

But hell im one of those guys tha still loves the original fallout series so much i still play them now and then so i had all trust in the end it would more then satisfy me. I was grosly mistaken then end made just no sence and thus I made my way into the spoiler forum for the first time and was simply shocked when i found this post, reading all this cut content was just the convo's i was expecting when i was playing the end part of the game( end as is as soons as the slaughter on Dantooine) These are all the explanations that were missing and I would just love to play trough the game again with all this in it, Im hoping for a miracle mod or a sweet patch but would this be possible with the lack of tools for modders and the xbox vs pc struggle?

Anyways I want to thank all who found this cut content and shared it with us, and a special thanks to Aurora who kick started this thread, Eji for creating the sound files, tu2thepoo for making a site hope it becomes a center form where its easy to see and hear the missing bits instead of browsing to a 35+ thread again:).

Final note, im sorry for my english but its not my native language and im having a bit of a hangover.

" So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

- Rimmer, Quarantine

i just got a wierd bug in the secret tomb on korriban i fought revan but you now how there is that Dark Jedi with him well he wasn't there i kicked revans *** and he still didn't show walked up where kreia was when she attacked you walked back down and there was a clone of my pc so i walked away again came back still me i couldn't leave at all now it was a regular Dark Jedi just standing there thats the only major bug i have ever had

Wierd Huh

i just got a wierd bug in the secret tomb on korriban i fought revan but you now how there is that Dark Jedi with him well he wasn't there i kicked revans *** and he still didn't show walked up where kreia was when she attacked you walked back down and there was a clone of my pc so i walked away again came back still me i couldn't leave at all now it was a regular Dark Jedi just standing there thats the only major bug i have ever had

Wierd Huh

Come to think of it, in the tomb there's:

1. Your past: Malak & co.

2. The Present: Kreia & the crew of the Ebon Hawk

3. The Future: Revan? (!)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy