Cut Ending Stuff

Actually, Plooby... Iseo is correct. The only way to kill Bastila/die with Carth at the Starforge as a DS female is to download the mod that restores those dialogs. The "official" DS female romance ending forces you (or you tell Bastila to) kill Carth. I loaded up a save I made before fighting Malak and checked, with and without the mod, just to make sure to avoid having to put my foot in my mouth later. I'm nitpicky, I know. Chuck a couple bricks my way if you like, I won't take offense. :D

Wow that sounds fantastic, you don't happen to have a link to that mod by any chance, as I've spent the last three days looking for it and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Actually, Plooby... Iseo is correct. The only way to kill Bastila/die with Carth at the Starforge as a DS female is to download the mod that restores those dialogs. The "official" DS female romance ending forces you (or you tell Bastila to) kill Carth. I loaded up a save I made before fighting Malak and checked, with and without the mod, just to make sure to avoid having to put my foot in my mouth later. I'm nitpicky, I know. Chuck a couple bricks my way if you like, I won't take offense. :D

Wow that sounds fantastic, you don't happen to have a link to that mod by any chance, as I've spent the last three days looking for it and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Yea, I just beat KotOR I as a dark side female. I tried and tried to either turn Carth or let him go, but there's no opportunity for it. The closest I could get "I'm sorry things worked out this way." WHACK!

Played the game as a Grey Jedi. (not out of choice, s' just my actions depicted that way) and never met Carth, is this a scene that was taken out or have i just missed him?

Personally, if I was obsidan reading all these posts ( I mean 31 pages all saying the same thing) i'd begin thinking, 'oooh ****, we really, really did **** up here... Geooooorge! Do you have a minute dear? Just to chat about the KOTOR2 ending, babe'... well I wouldn't be thinking exactly like that as that's slightly gay... but you get my drift.

Dispite the face THEY'RE NOT RESPONDING TO OUR COMPLAINTS OR POSTS (hint, hint obsidan... refusing to use a capital letter), there is no way they cannot know about this threat, the petition and the complaints. LA should be able to see the profit they could make out of this too, perhaps this was always the idea? Release the game too soon, then make people buy the finshed version, sure does seem like it. Surely they can see, just from this thread, and the petition that if they were to release the finished version they could make a bomb! There's near enough a thousand names on that petition last time i checked... 1000x50? Don't even have to work it out to see that on us alone they'd make cash. (i can work that sum out, lol, i'm just proving a point, :huh:) Then there's the people without internet access, or who haven't voiced their opinions yet or haven't completed the game or haven't bought it yet. You finish the game, people will buy it/download the update. If it's really about money then fine charge me, i'll still buy it. Everyone who finishes KOTOR2 is disappointed, without exception

I mean COME ON, IT MAKES SENSE TO FINISH THE GAME!

There's no way this threat can continue much longer with response from somebody, this thing gets 3 extra pages a day. Bad public image, outraged fans, loss of sales on new products... etc

Some of the devs have read this page, but so far, none has posted. I think that is due to sheer professionalism, or if the rumor is true, it is because they're under contract with Lucasarts, forbidding them to talk about their feelings about the game for atleast 6 months after release.

Well if that rumour is true, then surely they can at least post on here explaining that they are reading our comments, but are unable, at this moment, to provide comments and answers to them as they are under the LA contract but would like us to continue posting what our opinions are. Not breaking anything there?

And if the contract's any stricter stating they can't even post on their own forums or something, then they're bloody fools for signing it.

Meshugger,

There was a dev that posted on the boards, but didnt say much about the ending, just a patch and bug fixes. I'd say if they are actually thinking about this logically, they will add it. If not well, *looks at petition* we can still reel em in as people buy games, they will see, its just a matter of time. Lets just hope they make the right choice the first patch. :huh:

This patch had better be good :devil:

Anyway, rooting through the files and looked in 904/904KREIA and it's the characters vs. Kreia. It's a bit unfinished, but amusing, check out 904904KREIA011.wav, after all the characters say they will fight kreia for the exile, Atton says "And I walk in and say something suitable heroic"

After the NPCs (Why are they called NPCs, because you can play as them?) fight Kreia, the ending where the future is seen files appear, so they are both supposed to play after the Traya fight. As such, I speculate that after you beat the Lightsabers and Traya, she uses force crush or something on the exile, and just as he/she is losing the NPCs walk in and distract Traya. After she cripples them I dunno. The exile gets up, forms a party of 3 and fights the final battle against a very strong Traya with the Star Wars theme playing in the background. Just lightsabers and force? That would be Star Wars-like. And the ending so much better!

Damn, I don't see why they don't use that theme for a final battle, it would rock.

I suspect that the intended ending structure was that the Exile is unconscious or in a coma after the crash on Malachor 5 and that his companions, presuming him to be dead (which is where the 'he's dead!' thoughts come in) all take off after Kreia. This could easily be the point where Atton kills Disciple and would also how explain why Mira is wandering the planet's surface on her own and how Atton gets ahead of the Exile in order to be tortured by Sion.

There is a lot of good stuff buried in this game, hopefully some of it may one day see light with a few good modders.

Though, I have one theory on Atton's various endings. Most notably the one where he shows up at the end saying "You aren't going without me?". This may be the ending he gets if he doesn't become a Jedi. All the other endings are fairly indicative of him being trained in the Force by the Exile.

Instead of a dead Jedi (force ghost) what if he's a live scoundrel? It'd make sense for him at that point to hang back with the Ebon Hawk and not get involved with all the lightsaber waving going on.

Well... that's how I'd end it for him anyways... a girl needs her scoundrels intact, ya know.

This stuff about the bao dur kreia cut scene and the baou dur talkingt about the battle above malacor being in game is very interesting. One of my many many problems with this game was that nothing what so ever about the mass shadow generator was mentioned before the bao dur hologram spoke to his remote about it. The mentioning of it here is slightly better but still that excert combine with the holo recording stillw ouldnt have been enough to fully explain bao durs role in it why he did it and how he felt about it etc etc.

My main problem now is why the hell as a DS Sith Lord male who didnt do one thing to annoy bao dur throughout the entire game didnt i get this cut scene that would have made the extreemly muddy ending slightly clearer. For most of the game his conversation options were Baou Dur says 'Yes general' and you can only reply 'Nothing'. he was just as dark as i was too.

P.s. Problem with the chitin key, has any one solved it yet. Im actually going to look into modding but im having the problem with Kotor tools and the chitin key that was mentioned earlier. i cant access any files without it.

Meshugger,

There was a dev that posted on the boards, but didnt say much about the ending, just a patch and bug fixes. I'd say if they are actually thinking about this logically, they will add it. If not well, *looks at petition* we can still reel em in as people buy games, they will see, its just a matter of time. Lets just hope they make the right choice the first patch.  ;)

It's a bit more complicated than that. They cut the Live content from the Xbox version, so it will be difficult to get it implemented on both platforms. I put more trust in the modding community, since they haven't got their hands tied into all sort of agreements.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's a bit more complicated than that. They cut the Live content from the Xbox version, so it will be difficult to get it implemented on both platforms.

Umm... can't Live content also be set up to be downloaded, too?

Not to an Xbox game which lacks Live functionality, which Kotor 2 does. Or maybe there's ways to get it implemented albeit not very legal ones, I don't know...

Alright, russian Kotor community has joined you in signing the petition!

We all from site http://knights.theforce.ru

Just one thing - can the one who created this petition look through it and destroy some signatures that repeat

(like

1287. Billy We all from site http://knights.theforce.ru

1286. Billy We all from site http://knights.theforce.ru

1285. Billy We all from site http://knights.theforce.ru)

Some guys are really hard to deal with.

Just one thing - can the one who created this petition look through it and destroy some signatures that repeat

(like

Just to satisfy my interest, how many is involved the russian KotOR community?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's a bit more complicated than that. They cut the Live content from the Xbox version, so it will be difficult to get it implemented on both platforms.

Umm... can't Live content also be set up to be downloaded, too?

Sadly, it's not. The game itself has to support the Live components.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

(like

Just to satisfy my interest, how many is involved the russian KotOR community?

There is about 3000 registered users in our forum, but there is a LOT more who do not register or not going to forum.

Lucas WILL hear us

Our strengh is in numbers :ninja:

Don't know. Perhaps.

But perhaps you really CAN sign from one adress (what if 2 persons are using one comp and both want to sign?)

But that will be stupid, because everyone will want to sign several times. I didn't try to sing two times and do not want to - the petition will lose its purpose.

Heh, I just found a nice convo between Mira and Atton (I think it's cut, I never heard it)

File 003/Disk 4

Fun, here's on of the quotes:

Mira: Oh well, it's not really a competition, I mean, you're kinda an idiot Atton, you don't shower enough and you scratch yourrrr "equipment" when you think no one's looking.

Seems like they're on about Disciple, an I've yet to play my female games so it might be in :/

Still amusing though.

I can't believe how much of this stuff is cut.

*plays HK-50 screams again*

My main problem now is why the hell as a DS Sith Lord male who didnt do one thing to annoy bao dur throughout the entire game didnt i get this cut scene that would have made the extreemly muddy ending slightly clearer. For most of the game his conversation options were Baou Dur says 'Yes general' and you can only  reply 'Nothing'. he was just as dark as i was too.

the problem is that you only get those dialogues if you build up enough influence with bao-dur, which means doing Good, Light-Sided Things.

(for example, giving the open visa to the family on Onderon, saving the stranded Mandalorian on Dxun, allowing Bao-Dur to fix various ships/items on sidequests then complimenting him, etc.)

Once or twice I gained influence with him by randomly murdering innocents (like the Czerka prospector in the Telos military installation), but for the most part you can't be wholly evil and gain influence with him.

Heh, I just found a nice convo between Mira and Atton (I think it's cut, I never heard it)

File 003/Disk 4

Fun, here's on of the quotes:

Mira: Oh well, it's not really a competition, I mean, you're kinda an idiot Atton, you don't shower enough and you scratch yourrrr "equipment" when you think no one's looking.

Seems like they're on about Disciple, an I've yet to play my female games so it might be in :/

Still amusing though.

I can't believe how much of this stuff is cut.

*plays HK-50 screams again*

Are yuo sure that it was cut? It's just a small cut-scene on the Ebon Hawk.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy