Cut Ending Stuff

It's probably been mentioned before, but there's a few additional sound files from Kreia's conversation with Sion on Malachor. One in particular stood out: she suggested the exile had a choice of paths, and could choose to save his/her friends, but would be weaker for it.

I'll see if I can find it again and get a directory number.

Ah, NOW her line about making a choice makes sense! Woohoo, thank you LA & OE, I'm just so glad that I now have one more thing to be disappointed about!<sarcasm>

I love Atton and his voice T_T

Thanks for the voice.. especially about attondeath.

It almost makes me cry.

I wish there would be happyending story with atton (in romance) too

even if it was cut, or just voices I can hear..

but ..well just sad one T.T

Thanks again.. T_T

Well i've read all 31 pages and figuered i'd chime in with what i've found. In the 003/BaoKreia folder, is the actual dialog for the "It is time for you to leave" section that was described ealier.

Also, since i haven't played a female PC, is the stuff under MirVisha and KreDisc1, Kredisc2 and Kredisc3 in the game?

Thanks all and keep up the hunt.

omg, I read the page all ordered in one page about cut scenes.

I can't say enough that it's really really big great job, guys..

I appreciate to all you guys about this!!

It helped me to fulfill my emptiness about KOR2 end after I finished the game.

I just hope maybe these efforts could get more attention from people made Kor series, so hear any good news later

(Sorry bout my english, and thx again!! yay yay!)

omg, I read the page all ordered in one page about cut scenes.

I can't say enough that it's really really big great job, guys..

I appreciate to all you guys about this!!

It helped me to fulfill my emptiness about KOR2 end after I finished the game.

I  just hope maybe these efforts could get more attention from people made Kor series, so hear any good news later

(Sorry bout my english, and thx again!! yay yay!)

Your American isn't as bad as half Americans do speak it

Wow, have just finished reading 31 pages. I have to say the information I've discovered from you guys is utterly amazing and so I figured there's no way I can read all this and just leave it without comment, :)

Finished playing KOTOR2 last week and have to say was very disappointed with the ending. Originally I was irritated by Kreia turning (so obviously) on the Exile and so my reply to her after i'd defeated her was basically 'die bitch!''. For me the game ended there. Automatic cutscene of Ebon Hawk picking the Exil up. Was like "WTF D00D?" After replying it and actually talking to Kreia was still uber disappointed, knew the game didn't seem finished and i'm glad this thead proves it.

Just a couple of points;

KOTOR3: It could involve Revan and/or The Exile. This new place they've both travelled to in the unkown regions of space, where there is the real war, could be a sector of extremely powerful Sith Lords and Dark Jedi, so much so that the main character could be almost like a first level character, none of their own abilities being able to work on the 'bad guys'. In order to combat this new enemy they must 'relearn' the force, become more powerful with it, and that could be how a player levels up and progresses in the game. Just an idea, but i can see how a person would poke holes in it.

Also, it was spoken that a person can be 'cut off' from the force, the jedi masters can do this as a collective or perhaps the new uber bad guy could cut or revan and/or exile from the force and so then (again) they must reaqquire it.

Or, because our loveable exile is a 'wound in the force' and the Masters mention something like 'how did you think you were becoming more powerful?' because he takes power from those he's killed (similar to Nihilus... who's name literally means 'nothing' it's taken from the latin word 'nihl' which means nothing... suiting i though) and feeds off the power of his co-travvelers, am i right in thinking that or am i taking that wrong? Anyway, when he travels to the new region he'll have lost those bonds that he's made with his friends and so decreased in his power meaning you must relearn all that you once knew by forming more bonds, like with Revan. Perhaps he/she can be an NPC who you meet in the new areas.... just ideas. What do you think?

Ok, enough of KOTOR3,

I like the idea that Atton is a force ghost, and that he would act as an Al from Quantum Leap (whatta tv show!) that way the LS F Exile could take a loved one with her,

I don't understand what it is that the companies would have against a little bit of a darker storyline. I mean having Zalabar mercylessly kill his little twilek friend is pretty dark thing to do, not to mention the alternate female Revan ending with Carth. Then there's the cruel beating of Kreia from the hands of Sion. If the cuts scene of Atton's torcher did make it, surely alot of first parts of the dialogue could be filmed at the floor, showing the bloodstained tiles (similar to the captains murder mission where there is blood by the broken droid, blood was allowed there) and then after sion has taken off atton's arm (could show it falling to the floor like the dismemberments in the JediKnight games) the camera could roll up to show the two talking at each other and the roll off when sion begins to brutally hurt Atton, surely that would be allow and still be a T rating? Or am I just living in a realistic world?

Didn't know GOTO was actually a programmed droid, how does that explain the holographic image of him when he's talking to the bounty hunters?

Ok, really sorry for what is probably the biggest post in this topic. No doubt i'll have more to say as this topid progresses, but for now i'll bid you adue and thankyou for giving me the time!

Not sure if it's already posted here or maybe I just got it wrong, but it seems like there's a scene of Atton playing pazaak with HK-47 (or even T3). I've found it here: \StreamVoice\003\attt3.

Does anyone know if it's actually in the game?

I never got that dialogue in game - although the "whadda ya mean pazaak - what, again?" (003ATTT3002.wav) clip plays when you suggest the Handmaiden can pass the time playing Pazaak with Atton.

That line makes a lot more sense now, actually :devil:

Didn't know GOTO was actually a programmed droid, how does that explain the holographic image of him when he's talking to the bounty hunters?

Thats a hologram he's based on several popular holovids of villains. He tells you that no one took a droid seriously , especially when he had his old body.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Is there an official restoration mod yet being led by Aurora or any one else? id evry much like to get on the forumns on the site if there is. To express my opinions thanx and maybe learn some modding stuff.

It's still hard to tell, if someone with the spare time to do it and being able to re-do some animations, then it's possible.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The animations aren't really a problem except for a couple areas. Restoring the dialogue isn't really a problem. Actually getting all the cut-scenes and everything to work and in correct order and in the correct areas, however, well, yeah. More and more keeps popping up.

Is there an official restoration mod yet being led by Aurora or any one else? id evry much like to get on the forumns on the site if there is. To express my opinions thanx and maybe learn some modding stuff.

Well, I don't think it can really be called official, but there are plenty of people working this stuff out. I'm going through the dialogues and voice clips and trying to arrange things so that they make some kind of sense. We should have something more solid to work on/talk about in a week or so.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

I don't know if this is in-game, but I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere, so:

{[Gameplay Programmer: Camera opens with Kreia meditating in the center of her room on the ship. Wait a few seconds in silence, then Bao-Dur walks in on her, standing in the doorway.]}

It is time for you to leave. You are harming her with your presence. / It is time for you to leave. You are harming him with your presence.

{[Gameplay Programmer: Kreia does not respond, keeps meditating, ignoring Bao-Dur. Camera shows them both, in silence.]}

I said it is t-{"time to leave."} {[Gameplay Programmer: Bao-Dur advances as he says the above line, then he's cut off by Kreia.]}

{Quietly, like pronouncing judgment}There is a world on the Outer Rim surrounded by mass shadows.

{[Gameplay Programmer: Bao-Dur pauses as he hears this, then begins to fall to one knee, being crushed by Kreia's telekinetic powers. ]}

Past the graveyard of Mandalorian warships, this planet suffers, crushed in gravity's fist.

{[Gameplay Programmer: Bao-Dur begins to choke, being crushed by Kreia. ]}

To walk on its surface is to feel it crushing every cell of your being. It is like being buried alive until it seems you will never breathe again.{[Gameplay Programmer: Kreia stands as Bao-Dur falls behind her.]}What manner of creature would have birthed such a thing?{Disgusted}Nothing human, to be sure. If you dare voice your opinions again, Iridonian, you will forget yourself for a time. Return to your machines, and trouble me no more. Serve the exile until it is your time to die, and it will be enough.

{[Gameplay Programmer: Fade to black, and then resume normal gameplay.]}

I've gotten this. Don't remember which playthrough, but I know I've gotten this.

LS or DS?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Female DS, yes. I'd think it'd play for male as well, but perhaps not if nobody's gotten it male-DS.

I haven't yet, and I'm about as Darkside male as they come in this walkthrough. Then again, I'm not quite at the end.

Many many many thanks to all of you who are posting all this info here, are correlating it into a single page, are mixing the sound .wavs and are looking into Modding this back in. Your work is just fantastic. And it makes me hope LA and Obsidian are terribly, TERRIBLY ashamed of themselves for leaving some of their finest material on the editing floor. I seriously hope it makes them sick to even think about it.

Creston

Played the game as a Grey Jedi. (not out of choice, s' just my actions depicted that way) and never met Carth, is this a scene that was taken out or have i just missed him?

Personally, if I was obsidan reading all these posts ( I mean 31 pages all saying the same thing) i'd begin thinking, 'oooh ****, we really, really did **** up here... Geooooorge! Do you have a minute dear? Just to chat about the KOTOR2 ending, babe'... well I wouldn't be thinking exactly like that as that's slightly gay... but you get my drift.

Dispite the face THEY'RE NOT RESPONDING TO OUR COMPLAINTS OR POSTS (hint, hint obsidan... refusing to use a capital letter), there is no way they cannot know about this threat, the petition and the complaints. LA should be able to see the profit they could make out of this too, perhaps this was always the idea? Release the game too soon, then make people buy the finshed version, sure does seem like it. Surely they can see, just from this thread, and the petition that if they were to release the finished version they could make a bomb! There's near enough a thousand names on that petition last time i checked... 1000x50? Don't even have to work it out to see that on us alone they'd make cash. (i can work that sum out, lol, i'm just proving a point, :wub:) Then there's the people without internet access, or who haven't voiced their opinions yet or haven't completed the game or haven't bought it yet. You finish the game, people will buy it/download the update. If it's really about money then fine charge me, i'll still buy it. Everyone who finishes KOTOR2 is disappointed, without exception

I mean COME ON, IT MAKES SENSE TO FINISH THE GAME!

There's no way this threat can continue much longer with response from somebody, this thing gets 3 extra pages a day. Bad public image, outraged fans, loss of sales on new products... etc

Played the game as a Grey Jedi. (not out of choice, s' just my actions depicted that way) and never met Carth, is this a scene that was taken out or have i just missed him?

Personally, if I was obsidan reading all these posts ( I mean 31 pages all saying the same thing) i'd begin thinking, 'oooh ****, we really, really did **** up here... Geooooorge! Do you have a minute dear? Just to chat about the KOTOR2 ending, babe'... well I wouldn't be thinking exactly like that as that's slightly gay... but you get my drift.

Dispite the face THEY'RE NOT RESPONDING TO OUR COMPLAINTS OR POSTS (hint, hint obsidan... refusing to use a capital letter), there is no way they cannot know about this threat, the petition and the complaints. LA should be able to see the profit they could make out of this too, perhaps this was always the idea? Release the game too soon, then make people buy the finshed version, sure does seem like it. Surely they can see, just from this thread, and the petition that if they were to release the finished version they could make a bomb! There's near enough a thousand names on that petition last time i checked... 1000x50? Don't even have to work it out to see that on us alone they'd make cash. (i can work that sum out, lol, i'm just proving a point, ;)) Then there's the people without internet access, or who haven't voiced their opinions yet or haven't completed the game or haven't bought it yet. You finish the game, people will buy it/download the update. If it's really about money then fine charge me, i'll still buy it. Everyone who finishes KOTOR2 is disappointed, without exception

I mean COME ON, IT MAKES SENSE TO FINISH THE GAME!

There's no way this threat can continue much longer with response from somebody, this thing gets 3 extra pages a day. Bad public image, outraged fans, loss of sales on new products... etc

Some of the devs have read this page, but so far, none has posted. I think that is due to sheer professionalism, or if the rumor is true, it is because they're under contract with Lucasarts, forbidding them to talk about their feelings about the game for atleast 6 months after release.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy