Cut Ending Stuff

Indeed I should have posted my thanks with my first post on here. Thanks to everyone responsible for digging out these files for your fellow gamers to listen to and imagine a proper ending.

I also want to point out that im trying to push a link to here from the LA forum to show gamers coming there with bugs or displeased with the current ending what they are missing and what most of us are fighting for.

If you have a moment, please throw your two cents in at one of these links, it would be more than greatly apreciated:

Thread: "Let Lucasarts know that an incomplete game is unacceptable: Petition"

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?th...=31173&tstart=0

Thread: "The Truth: Why did they not do this? (possible spoilers)"

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?th...=30951&tstart=0

And thanks to all who have dug these files out, it is greatly apreciated, it may have fallen by the wayside if you didnt. :rolleyes:

Courtesy of LdyShayna, a scene from the Red Eclipse Slavers boarding.

Edit: Voicing does exist for this.

{[Gameplay Programmer: Cut to a scene on board the Ebon Hawk, the empty corridors. Make it a little creepy.]}

{[Gameplay Programmer: Depending on who was left on the ship, Handmaiden/Disciple or Visas Marr or Bao-Dur (in order of priority) is standing in the ****pit, working on something. Kreia approaches target X from behind.]}

{[Gameplay Programmer: Target X turns, a little wary.]}

{Guarded, doesn't trust Kreia}Kreia? Is something wrong?

Not as of yet. {[Gameplay Programmer: :: There is sudden beeping from the console, and target X turns. ::]}

Someone's trying to board u-{"us", knocked unconscious.}

{[Gameplay Programmer: ::Kreia strikes the X target unconscious.::]}

{Calm, betrayal}Yes. What happens next is not our fight, and your first reaction will not serve us here. Let us see what the exile will do.

{[Gameplay Programmer: There is an explosion, and gas fills the ship. Kreia stands as the gas floats around her. She waits for a few seconds, turns as she sees the Nikto coming on board, and then she lies down. The gas dies down.]}

{[Gameplay Programmer: Not long after, there is a scene showing the Nikto entering the main corridor.]}

{[Gameplay Programmer: Stands over Kreia, who is "unconscious."]}

Find the owner of this ship. These others... lock them in the hold. After that, we will wait.

{[Gameplay Programmer: A scene of Ratrin walking on board the ship, looking around.]}

If they think I'm going to give up this ship without a fight, well, they're wrong. Ah, finally, my ticket off this hole. {Beat at second sentence}Looks like it's been through hell.

{[Gameplay Programmer: Walks forward as he says the line, and at the end, slavers surround him.]}It's good to be back on the old girl...

{Defiant, to pirates}Hey - what are you doing on my ship?

You are the owner of this ship?

Damn right I am! What are you...

{[The other one smashes him across the face with a rifle, knocks him unconscious.]}

{[show a scene of Ratrin on the floor, unconscious, from a worm's eye view.]}

Tell the captain we have him.

If the Exile now commands the slavers:

Ratrin: {A little weakly, trying to squirm out of a problem}Look... there's been a misunderstanding. The ship - it's all yours. Consider it a gift, all right? Didn't know you were messing with Red Eclipse slavers - guess those stories about the Hawk being a cursed vessel are true.

EXILE: I accept your gift; be careful in the future.

Ratrin: Great... I'll, uh, just... find my way out, all right? {[Gameplay Programmer: Ratrin runs off stage.]}

OR Exile: Captain, take this slave with you, as... slight compensation.

Slaver: He is weak and squirming, like Hutt larva. Perhaps he will grow into profit.

Ratrin: Hey! Wait a minute! You can't do this!

Slaver: Slaves do not speak.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Courtesy of LdyShayna, a scene from the Red Eclipse Slavers boarding.

Edit: Voicing does exist for this.

{[Gameplay Programmer: Cut to a scene on board the Ebon Hawk, the empty corridors. Make it a little creepy.]}

{[Gameplay Programmer: Depending on who was left on the ship, Handmaiden/Disciple or Visas Marr or Bao-Dur (in order of priority) is standing in the ****pit, working on something. Kreia approaches target X from behind.]}

{[Gameplay Programmer: Target X turns, a little wary.]}

{Guarded, doesn't trust Kreia}Kreia? Is something wrong?

Not as of yet. {[Gameplay Programmer: :: There is sudden beeping from the console, and target X turns. ::]}

Someone's trying to board u-{"us", knocked unconscious.}

{[Gameplay Programmer: ::Kreia strikes the X target unconscious.::]}

{Calm, betrayal}Yes. What happens next is not our fight, and your first reaction will not serve us here. Let us see what the exile will do.

{[Gameplay Programmer: There is an explosion, and gas fills the ship. Kreia stands as the gas floats around her. She waits for a few seconds, turns as she sees the Nikto coming on board, and then she lies down. The gas dies down.]}

{[Gameplay Programmer: Not long after, there is a scene showing the Nikto entering the main corridor.]}

{[Gameplay Programmer: Stands over Kreia, who is "unconscious."]}

Find the owner of this ship. These others... lock them in the hold. After that, we will wait.

{[Gameplay Programmer: A scene of Ratrin walking on board the ship, looking around.]}

If they think I'm going to give up this ship without a fight, well, they're wrong. Ah, finally, my ticket off this hole. {Beat at second sentence}Looks like it's been through hell.

{[Gameplay Programmer: Walks forward as he says the line, and at the end, slavers surround him.]}It's good to be back on the old girl...

{Defiant, to pirates}Hey - what are you doing on my ship?

You are the owner of this ship?

Damn right I am! What are you...

{[The other one smashes him across the face with a rifle, knocks him unconscious.]}

{[show a scene of Ratrin on the floor, unconscious, from a worm's eye view.]}

Tell the captain we have him.

If the Exile now commands the slavers:

Ratrin: {A little weakly, trying to squirm out of a problem}Look... there's been a misunderstanding. The ship - it's all yours. Consider it a gift, all right? Didn't know you were messing with Red Eclipse slavers - guess those stories about the Hawk being a cursed vessel are true.

EXILE: I accept your gift; be careful in the future.

Ratrin: Great... I'll, uh, just... find my way out, all right? {[Gameplay Programmer: Ratrin runs off stage.]}

OR Exile: Captain, take this slave with you, as... slight compensation.

Slaver: He is weak and squirming, like Hutt larva. Perhaps he will grow into profit.

Ratrin: Hey! Wait a minute! You can't do this!

Slaver: Slaves do not speak.

My assumption from this is that if the exile didnt control the slavers he would board the ship kill them all then decide what to do with ratrin. howerve if he did controll teh slavers then why on earth did they board the ship in the first place ?

Ok my experience with ratrin was that I told him to sod off and he did just that and never made good on his threat that it wasn't the last I'd seen of him, can anyone else say anything different happened?

Furthermore my experience wit the slavers was that i found them on my ship but i never had any chance to command them, if any one else had a chance to command them could tehy confirm it ? Or were these, as i susspect, 2 more hughe chunks taken from the came ?

My assumption from this is that if the exile didnt control the slavers he would board the ship kill them all then decide what to do with ratrin. howerve if he did controll teh slavers then why on earth did they board the ship in the first place ?

You only gain control of the slavers after defeating them on the 'Hawk. From what I can tell, Ratrin was supposed to board the Ebon Hawk after the slavers took it over, but before the PC returned.

In the game, both times I played, they referred to Ratrin's dead body when I found the slaver leader and was about to fight him. Presumably, if this part had stayed in, Ratrin wouldn't be dead but just unconscious.

Furthermore my experience wit the slavers was that i found them on my ship but i never had any chance to command them, if any one else had a chance to command them could tehy confirm it ? Or were these, as i susspect, 2 more hughe chunks taken from the came ?

Once you defeat the slavers, I believe, you can command them to work for you. Henceforth, you get a cut from their slaving activity. (I played LS and anti-slavery both times so far, so I couldn't give you any other details). In this case, Ratrin would awaken, and the subsequent conversations with him would be dependent on how you resolved the "dispute" with the slavers.

Ok, got the Atton/Sion scene done.  I have to admit, it was tougher than the others.  Atton just didn't sound as pained as I would have expected, so I had to use a lot of creativity this time... lots more sound effects, and I actually used a track from the game instead of the SW movies this time, too.  In a sense, it's much more of an Audio Mix than the previous ones.

Close your eyes and try to imagine my intent.  It plays out not unlike a radio drama.

Hope you like it!

Atton's Torture

edit: nice to know people are showing an interest in my mixes on other forums as well, but I do wish I got a bit of credit for them, too.  ;)

He~y, you're the best! :D

It's probably been mentioned before, but there's a few additional sound files from Kreia's conversation with Sion on Malachor. One in particular stood out: she suggested the exile had a choice of paths, and could choose to save his/her friends, but would be weaker for it.

I'll see if I can find it again and get a directory number.

It's probably been mentioned before, but there's a few additional sound files from Kreia's conversation with Sion on Malachor. One in particular stood out: she suggested the exile had a choice of paths, and could choose to save his/her friends, but would be weaker for it.

I'll see if I can find it again and get a directory number.

Yes, I saw that in the dialog.tlk file. I think they intended for your character to make a choice that could save all of your friends from the fate they would meet in the endings everyone is talking about - perhaps lock them in the Ebon Hawk or something. ;) That's the story I'm clinging to, anyway.

Once you defeat the slavers, I believe, you can command them to work for you. Henceforth, you get a cut from their slaving activity. (I played LS and anti-slavery both times so far, so I couldn't give you any other details). In this case, Ratrin would awaken, and the subsequent conversations with him would be dependent on how you resolved the "dispute" with the slavers.

Ldyshayna you believ this is how it was going to be or that this is how t is. because as it stands at the moent as a dark character i dont recall getting the option to let him live so he could serve me, once combat was intiated he died.

Also did you find this in your dialog.tlk. i couldnt find it in mine, mine opens with loads of wing dings then when finally the text makes sense its about kotor 1 and items in kotor 1 and 2.

Eji, please can you tell me how to merge the files??

I have found some more stuff, and would like to learn how to make them myself.

Cheers

Dan

Ah, my secrets...

There's not much to tell, really. I'm a film student and do a lot of editing, so I have Adobe Premiere on my computer, and use that to edit my sounds. I use multiple audio track layers and basically overlap sounds and time them out that way.

In the case of the torture clip, there actually was no grunting/gasping noise in that folder at all, so those noises are actually his battle groans, lol. I had to improvise... a lot. If you listen to the dialogue purely by itself, it doesn't have enough "oomph" to it, by comparison. The other fx are mixtures of saber noises, foley footsteps and organic-sounding smashes from my own computer's sound fx library. Although the "script" didn't really call for it, I felt the little torture session at the end helped. I guess I'm just a sadist that way. :lol:"

Also did you find this in your dialog.tlk. i couldnt find it in mine, mine opens with loads of wing dings then when finally the text makes sense its about kotor 1 and items in kotor 1 and 2.

Yes, that's where I found it, though I could have sworn I saw the cut from the slavers dialog in game. Then again it's very late here right now and I've just taken a big dose of cold medicine. :lol:

The first part has all of the dialog.tlk file has pointer references, and later is the text. You can either open it in notepad or word pad and do a search of the file for key words (I recommend copying it somewhere else so you don't accidentally mess it up and ruin your install first) or use a dialog.tlk viewer. If you search around the various KotOR mod communities, you should find a couple of the viewers/editors available.

Hacane:

In the game as it is, you do get to command the slavers, but Ratrin is dead when you get there.

To search for things in your dialog.tlk, do a search for a particular word or phrase or something. It's a big file, so it might take a little while the first time you search.

Eji:

Yeah, the battle grunts are well-used in that clip, good job.

Context is important, though. When I was blindly searching through the sound folders last week, I came across them, and after listening to each one after the other (he has, what, 5?!), I seriously started turning red. Yipes.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

To search for things in your dialog.tlk, do a search for a particular word or phrase or something. It's a big file, so it might take a little while the first time you search.

Yeah, I tried going through that file myself, but whenever I open it with Notepad, it seriously hangs up my computer, so I sorta gave up after a while. ;)

Context is important, though. When I was blindly searching through the sound folders last week, I came across them, and after listening to each one after the other (he has, what, 5?!), I seriously started turning red. Yipes.

LOL, I had the exact same experience. That was another reason to add the saber sound effects to put it in context, otherwise those noises start getting very disturbing indeed. :lol:

Not sure if it's already posted here or maybe I just got it wrong, but it seems like there's a scene of Atton playing pazaak with HK-47 (or even T3). I've found it here: \StreamVoice\003\attt3.

Does anyone know if it's actually in the game?

All this talking about getting M rating is stupid. Did they want to "protect some young gamers from not-very-happy-endings", so they would not cry or try to kill themselves?

Imho, the shock from knowing that the ending was cut is much greater.

Or they could make one happy-ending, where PC marries Visas, Handmaiden, Mira, Krea (what? maybe someone likes her) or even Hanharr (if they want some exotic relations)

And make all other sad endings for us.

It is like reading an interesting book, and when you are about to finish it, they say:

Sorry pal, but this book does not have the last chapter. But we can tell you what happened in it - galaxy saved, Mira dead, exile lives.

Man, that's sux

All this talking about getting M rating is stupid. Did they want to "protect some young gamers from not-very-happy-endings", so they would not cry or try to kill themselves?

Or they could make one happy-ending, where PC marries Visas, Handmaiden, Mira, Krea (what? maybe someone likes her) or even Hanharr (if they want some exotic relations)

It is like reading an interesting book, and when you are about to finish it, they say:

Sorry pal, but this book does not have the last chapter. But we can tell you what happened in it - galaxy saved, Mira dead, exile lives.

Man, that's sux

I would say this is perfect example of a clash between interests. The original creator wants to create certain guidelines for future projects, the other creators wants to strech this a bit and the third part wants to get the monetary reward, almost no matter what the outcome.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Man, that's sux

>_<

I couldn't agree with you more. Man this topic reached 30 pages (w00t)