Cut Ending Stuff

But how are you SO sure that it actually SHOWS him torturing Atton? By looking at the dialogue comments of their actions, the only torturing scene is when Sion cuts off the arm and lifts Atton a few times. And since when has cutting off someone's arm or hands in a Star Wars game be something that requires an M rating. Like it says, the next scene with Atton is when it shows his mutilated body talking with the Exile, which implies there was an extensive torturing session, but does anyone see? Nope. And seeing a graphically created character all mutilated and nasteh isn't all that bad, considering that he'd probably look pretty much like Sion. You said that that scene is a scene of "explicit maiming/torture" and is an "automatic M or has to be totally cut," now, like I said, only part of the torture scene was planned to be shown. I doubt that Obsidian even planned to show the whole scene, as that would surely make the game close to an M rating. That's why they would only put the arm-cutting scene. It wouldn't get an M rating if they included it. There were other reasons for the cutting than "OMGOMGOMGOMG! It's li3k t3h g0ry! CUT IT OUT! CUT IT OUT! We'll g3t t3h M!!!!!!!"

Only going on the evidence of what is written. If I was an LA exec I'd have been horrified. I was actually shocked when I read it in the context of a Star Wars game and it's not like I'm squeamish or anything.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

*sighs* I'm not gonna bother. But I suppose you have some good points. Maybe it's best that it was cut out of the original game. But I think it would've been better if they left at least SOME of the stuff in. Like the HK VS G0-T0 scene. Also, if you have enough influence with Goto, you can get him to admit that he is indeed a droid, who was "programmed to do an impossible deed." He was given a mission that he knew was in truth to "save the Republic," which one lone fat droid can't do. It also would've given some more openings for a KOTORIII's beginning concerning some KOTORII characters. Such as you're a student at Visas/Handmaiden/some other NPC from KOTORII's new school, which would give a reason as to why you don't start off with a ton of FPs.

The cut ending stuff. Yeah, yeah. A shame. Whatever. While I have signed the petition, I don't rightfully know where I stand in all of this. One side of me thinks the endings should be restored, as it is in the games (and the developers) best interests to do so. But another side of me believes the endings would have made severe restrictions on a third part in this franchise and that it was LucasArts wish that Obsidian left it more open-ended and mysterious.

I honestly don't quite understand why people say that the possible dark side ending in which a few party members die would somehow restrict development on KOTOR3.

Why do we need all the party members to come back to begin with? There is no Jolee, no Juhani, no Mission and no Zaalbar in KOTOR2. Why? Because they potentially died in KOTOR1. If you talk to Atton and state that Revan was a female, and went to Korriban to reunite the Sith, Carth never shows up in your current game of KOTOR2.

What's the big deal with doing something similar for KOTOR3, where you just discard npcs that have potentially died in KOTOR2? They weren't all THAT interesting to begin with. The best NPC of the bunch (Kreia), dies anyways, so I'd shed not a single tear over Atton / Bao-Dur / GO-TO / Handmaiden / Visas / Disciple et al not coming back.

Creston

I have just finished kotor 2 and instead of following my heart which tells me to fall to dark side and murder all involved in making a crippled game with the wildest methods, i will follow my brain and try to find a solution. Since it is almost impossible to repair the game on our own i thought we could use a hand instead. There is a site www.supershadow.com owned by a megalomaniac who claims to know george lucas personally. He seems to have knowlege unaccessable by us and says he can manipulate things done by lucas and his companies as he is the only living being lucas trusts. I thing its worth a shot. He may not be a friend of lucas but if he is maybe he can convince him to repair the game. I would do it myself but i hate the guy and he doesn't like me much (hasn't answered any of my questions) but if a few hundred people asked him and he is telling the truth then may be we could have some hope........

Star Wars is generally a light hearted fantasy, but let's face it -- you have to have conflict to have a good story, and having that conflict in a sci-fi space opera with epic trends like Star Wars requires darkness at some time or another.

In fact, when George Lucas was originally asked about The Empire Strikes Back being very dark and gloomy ( way way back in 1981 or so), he specifically stated that that was his idea of how a trilogy should be.

Part 1 - Introduce the characters, build up the conflict.

Part 2 - The heroes get their butts kicked.

Part 3 - Big comeback by the heroes, the heroes win, live happily ever after.

If KOTOR is intended to be a star wars trilogy, there's not a lot of butt kicking going on against the heroes in Part 2... :|

Creston

I have just finished kotor 2 and instead of following my heart which tells me to fall to dark side and murder all involved in making a crippled game with the wildest methods, i will follow my brain and try to find a solution. Since it is almost impossible to repair the game on our own i thought we could use a hand instead. There is a site www.supershadow.com owned by a megalomaniac who claims to know george lucas personally. He seems to have knowlege unaccessable by us and says he can manipulate things done by lucas and his companies as he is the only living being lucas trusts. I thing its worth a shot. He may not be a friend of lucas but if he is maybe he can convince him to repair the game. I would do it myself but i hate the guy and he doesn't like me much (hasn't answered any of my questions) but if a few hundred people asked him and he is telling the truth then may be we could have some hope........

supershadow.com is a joke. It has to be a joke. :thumbsup:

Mike Gallo: As I mentioned earlier, we started the design process in much the same way we did with the first game - with a list of things that we all liked about the Star Wars movies, and what made that universe so compelling. We wanted to work with Obsidian because of their previous experience with RPGs, we all wanted a darker storyline with The Sith Lords, and we felt that Obsidian fit that perfectly.

And the game does indeed have a darker storyline. Nowhere however does it say we want gratuatus scenes of violence and an M rating. So perphaps Obsidian misinterpreted their wishes.

This is what the "fade to balck" transition is used for.

Supershadow is.....very strange. This guy..has to be jokeing. I mean this guy rekons him and Lucas are buddies? Lol i doubt Lucas would let this stuff be releaseed onto the web.

I've seen this guy's site before and I'm not convinced. There's no real proof he actually knows Lucas... anyone could make a website like the one he has. Hell, even a picture of him and Lucas would help, but even then who's to say it's really him in the pic with Lucas anyway. I feel sorry for all the weak-willed people that fall for his act.

I'm willing to bet money that KOTOR3 will happen, eventually, regardless of who makes it... but I'm just not sure if it'll live up to the previous ones. I mean, despite to mess-ups and cut-out stuff, that's a lot to try and beat, don't you think? Having a THIRD amnesiac jedi could get old really fast, but I can't see how the third game would have Revan or the Exile as the lead either... they're so pumped up and customized by the end of their respective games that I think it'd be hard to start a game fresh with them, and you can't just start them out weak either or people'll scream bloody murder, I'm sure.

As for the cut stuff, once I fully beat the game LS, I'm probably going to make a couple mangas of the Atton scenes just to placate myself since I really doubt I'll ever see it in-game.

for kotor 3, we would need to be a padawan at an academy (jedi or sith) and  , a way or an other, be forced to step in the situation. But I really wish that we will not be as powerful as in kotor1, and worst in kotor 2 that was just ridiculous

In principle I agree but it's VERY difficult to go back in that respect. People now have a level 30ish (50?) cap and unless you do something special they are going to not be happy with a level 10 cap or even a level 20. The majority of people want more power , higher levels not less. (dont take this MB as any sort of reliable benchmark of that).

The idea of starting as a Padawan on Coruscant (under the tutilage of someone from the second game has much merit).

They could then fill in the blanks for you via flashback.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

for kotor 3, we would need to be a padawan at an academy (jedi or sith) and  , a way or an other, be forced to step in the situation. But I really wish that we will not be as powerful as in kotor1, and worst in kotor 2 that was just ridiculous

Yea, I think it would be cool to be a training Padawan on a mission with your mentor, and you two eventually have to split (just as long as he doesn't die, that's too cliche) to do the most good, or you kill him and become Sith, and the story goes on.

yeah or someone who read your profil in front of you, and you could decide some things, but anyway, okay we could be level 30, but we souldnt get that much force power, and that much power. It would force the player to think a little bit cause he could be killed if he choose que wrong answer. So less, haha your all pathetic I can kill 40 of you in 15 seconde.

See, my proble with the Padawan learner at an academy is the fact that there are no Jedi left to train them, that we know of. Jolee isn't even a Jedi, and only lives is you are LS, Juhani is in the same boat, Bastila's story is unclear (perhaps taking the road Kreia suggests and has long since stopped being a Jedi). As for the Exile's crew, A)they don't even necessarily become Jedi, and B)They are all only half trained. It would be like giving Anakin a Padawan during Episode II.

Any other Masters who are hypothetically in hiding are equally useless, as they will simply teach all of the same methods which so clearly failed in the past and allowed the True Sith to manipulate events in known space.

It's even worse if you try to be a Sith. There is nobody to train you. Bastila is gone in search of Revan, and all the rest killed each other. If you were a Sith in Kotor II, then all your companions except Visas, went LS, and you probably sacrificed her to kill Nihilius cause you were an evil bastard, so that gets us nowhere.

As I see it, if it's going to be a new PC, then it has to be some completely random person with force sensitivity, perhaps a Mandalorian that is on some completely separate quest from Mandalore, who runs into Jolee/Juhani/Bastila on some planet during that quest, who realizes that they have a grand destiny before them, rather like Jolee saw for Revan, and decides to tag along and mentor this person, slowly integrating them into the ways of the Force, during which time, they are inexorably pushed on a quest to find Revan and the Exile and help them as the war against the True Sith begins.

See, my proble with the Padawan learner at an academy is the fact that there are no Jedi left to train them, that we know of.  Jolee isn't even a Jedi, and only lives is you are LS, Juhani is in the same boat, Bastila's story is unclear (perhaps taking the road Kreia suggests and has long since stopped being a Jedi).  As for the Exile's crew, A)they don't even necessarily become Jedi, and B)They are all only half trained.  It would be like giving Anakin a Padawan during Episode II.

Any other Masters who are hypothetically in hiding are equally useless, as they will simply teach all of the same methods which so clearly failed in the past and allowed the True Sith to manipulate events in known space.

It's even worse if you try to be a Sith.  There is nobody to train you.  Bastila is gone in search of Revan, and all the rest killed each other.  If you were a Sith in Kotor II, then all your companions except Visas, went LS, and you probably sacrificed her to kill Nihilius cause you were an evil bastard, so that gets us nowhere.

As I see it, if it's going to be a new PC, then it has to be some completely random person with force sensitivity, perhaps a Mandalorian that is on some completely separate quest from Mandalore, who runs into Jolee/Juhani/Bastila on some planet during that quest, who realizes that they have a grand destiny before them, rather like Jolee saw for Revan, and decides to tag along and mentor this person, slowly integrating them into the ways of the Force, during which time, they are inexorably pushed on a quest to find Revan and the Exile and help them as the war against the True Sith begins.

A simple solution would be to make the game set a bit later than KotOR II, like 100 years. Make the main PC a random dude who has to deal with the repurcussions of the actions of the exile and Revan. Thus you learn what they did, what happened to them, and how it affected the universe.

Oh, and the PC should have to be a padawan on some big assignment from the jedi council with the choice to go ls or ds later on, otherwise there would be no point in callin the game Knights of.....

See, my proble with the Padawan learner at an academy is the fact that there are no Jedi left to train them, that we know of.  Jolee isn't even a Jedi, and only lives is you are LS, Juhani is in the same boat, Bastila's story is unclear (perhaps taking the road Kreia suggests and has long since stopped being a Jedi).  As for the Exile's crew, A)they don't even necessarily become Jedi, and B)They are all only half trained.  It would be like giving Anakin a Padawan during Episode II.

More like Obi Wan in EP I think. Which is a good thing really as it allows the freedom to fall in a very believable Star Wars sort of way.

Mira is my favourite candidate because you can fit her "future" into the story.

478327[/snapback]

A simple solution would be to make the game set a bit later than KotOR II, like 100 years.  Make the main PC a random dude who has to deal with the repurcussions of the actions of the exile and Revan.  Thus you learn what they did, what happened to them, and how it affected the universe.

Oh, and the PC should have to be a padawan on some big assignment from the jedi council with the choice to go ls or ds later on, otherwise there would be no point in callin the game Knights of.....

They could have done that with KOTOR II, and just incorporate Revan's choices into the history of the Republic with him meeting ultimate defeat/standing guard over the Republic until his death.

However, with Revan alive and fighting a war against some unseen foe, we can't just jump ahead 100 years and get no meaningful conclusion to the story.....

Something I found interesting when going through the cut dialogues that I could find. People have probably heard this before, but I'm not sure if it's on this topic yet. I felt like posting it because I read some stuff about people saying that the HK-50s are all coming from the Droid Planet:

HK-47 Torture Scene:

HK-47: Command: You will talk.

HK-50: Defiant Statement: There is nothing you can do to me, do your worst.

HK-50: Agonized Exclamation: *GASP* My photo receptors! MY PHOTO RECEPTORS!

HK-47: Statement: I shall up the charge of your circuits the next time. Now, answer the question.

HK-50: Posturing Statement: I will never talk.

HK-47: Statement: Then I will have to settle for your screams.

{HK-50... "performs" multiple different kinds of screams... *shudders*}

HK-50: Ah, eh, ah, ooh! Ahhh... AHHHHGRH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (I could listen to that all day XD)

Atton: That is one sick droid.

HK-47: Statement: My prisoner has revealed something of interest. Allow me to share it with you.

{HK-47 shows stuff}

HK-47: Statement: The facility that is creating these cruder, unsophisticated versions of me is located on Telos. I propose we go there and turn it into a smoldering crater.

EDIT: Also, in case you want to listen to the screaming, the directory is:

~KOTOR2Directory~\StreamVoice\003\HK47TORT\

The screaming is the last file. I just moved it around to where I thought was proper.

If someone could tell me how to merge files into one, i could have the atton-sion duel up for you :D

omg, please tell me, what folder did you find them in? I would love to make a mix of that scene...

~KOTOR2Directory~\StreamVoice\903\ATTSION\

You need the Miles Sound Tools to listen. Either use the player to listen, or decompress it into a normal .wav file.

http://www.radgametools.com/

I think.