Cut Ending Stuff

I just read all this stuff about cut features...

Man, why did they do it? It was going to be the best part of the game!

I will go to get drunk right now...

ps. you can save me from vodka, if you tell me that someone is going to make KOTOR2 mod with all these stuff.

There are people within the mod community looking into it, but so far has no one given a definite answer whether if it's possible or not to mod a "complete ending".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Actually that is what I was expecting at the end rather than just some "this is the future" from Kreia.

A voiced over FO style ending for your actions across the planets would have sewn things up nicely.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Just knowing that ending wasn't the developer's original intention kind of placates me. Only a little though, since...it wasn't implemented, and instead, were left with an ultimate example of the anti-climax. ;)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Yeah, I have no idea where it'd fit in, really. It's such a MAJOR difference from all the other endings (him tortured to death/Visas death/Handmaiden or Visas standing fornlorn and abandoned while male PC walks into the sunset) that it's just kinda bizarro.

Maybe you're right and he/Visas just got Viconiaed: the only "happy" endings are to not have a romance at all, with anyone. I'll just pretend that he's dead but DESPERATELY FAKING SOME EMOTION BESIDES DESPAIR, like he does with everything else.

Maybe you could pretend that you healed him! Technically speaking: perhaps if you had a REALLY high skill "Treat Injury..." you could heal him. It would save all the fangirls from crying anyway. :devil:

[from the end of Goto and Remote's conversation, when HK steps in]

Goto: So, let us wait here, you and I, for the General's orders, and the fate of the galaxy shall wait with us.

HK-47: Correction: One could rust listening to your speeches fat one. Perhaps it is the large, unwieldy vocabulator in your moon-sized frame that prevents your calculations from taking me into account.

Goto: Unfortunately for you, I have arranged for friends to meet me here. And you seem to have brought none of your own.

[HK-50s enter, I suppose]

HK-47: Statement: As always, fat one, you have miscalculated. And while I find this small droid annoying to the extreme, I find my urge to shoot you takes a higher priority.

[HK-47 approaches Goto]

Goto: Stop him.

HK-50: Unexpected Correction: We cannot harm that unit. It is a violation of our self-preservation programming.

Goto: Stop him.

HK-50: Unexpected Correction: We are not here to aid you. We are here because our predecessor unit summoned.

Goto: Aha, an unfortunate oversight. All I wished, was to fulfill my programming. Either way... *voice begins to die* the Republic... is... doomed...

HK-47: Observation: I thought he would never die.

[some other scene that is included in this folder]

HK-47: Statement: I hear and obey.

Goto: Hmmm. This HK unit is old, but it has its certain charm, in its obedience to. I shall have to remember some of his traits when I build future generations from his schematics.

HK-47: Query: What am I doing here? What has happened?

HK-47: Statement: I understand, assassination protocols activated. Let us see what you have in your arsenal fat one.

HK-47: Statement: Come out little one. I promise I will let you quickly without a single lingering charge remaining in your behavior core.

HK-47: Statement: Hiding from me is useless, I will find you eventually. You only delay the inevitable.

Conclusion: I'm guessing that the second part was when Goto came across HK the first time, who activated his assassin protocols and tried to kill Goto, who escaped. After some time, HK saw Goto again and decided that he is to die, just not at that moment. On Malachor V, he saw his chance.

Thanks for posting those, I'd been pondering over where exactly they fit. I wonder if any/much of it depends on how much influence you have over HK, or if he's just following the commands of his master no matter what.

Maybe you could pretend that you healed him! Technically speaking: perhaps if you had a REALLY high skill "Treat Injury..." you could heal him. It would save all the fangirls from crying anyway. :o

Well, I think he's far, far beyond the reach of Treat Injury at that point (speaking storywise & ignoring in-game mechanics where he could've just injected himself with a LSP and been ready to go), but I do have a few ideas about it.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Thanks for posting those, I'd been pondering over where exactly they fit. I wonder if any/much of it depends on how much influence you have over HK, or if he's just following the commands of his master no matter what.

Maybe you could pretend that you healed him! Technically speaking: perhaps if you had a REALLY high skill "Treat Injury..." you could heal him. It would save all the fangirls from crying anyway. :o

Well, I think he's far, far beyond the reach of Treat Injury at that point (speaking storywise & ignoring in-game mechanics where he could've just injected himself with a LSP and been ready to go), but I do have a few ideas about it.

Yeah, I was thinking that too, though perhaps you could have the female PC sacrifice part of her force abilities to save him - half her life points or force points or something.

It would be strange for the Exile to take Atton along regardless of romantic interest. I mean, Revan took no loves and no friends... but maybe the Exile is different and thinks perhaps love will give her strength or if he's a Jedi, he'll be of use.

It would be strange for the Exile to take Atton along regardless of romantic interest. I mean, Revan took no loves and no friends... but maybe the Exile is different and thinks perhaps love will give her strength or if he's a Jedi, he'll be of use.

Yeah, maybe the Exile could pull a Bindo and say "the hell with being all stoic as a jedi! I'm not going to turn this into some angsty situation... I love him and I'm taking my man with me."

Yeah, maybe the Exile could pull a Bindo and say "the hell with being all stoic as a jedi! I'm not going to turn this into some angsty situation... I love him and I'm taking my man with me."

Not to mention hyperspace travel can be quite long... I'm sure with Atton tagging along they'll find some very *pleasing* ways to pass the time. :D

lol. That would be a good line to put in when he asks if he can "tag" along... :o

In my opinion, that is the best argument for Atton being a force ghost at that point. He couldn't continue on the exile's journey in the flesh, but as a ghost he can bend the rules. He'd be like Al on Quantum Leap!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

From reading that GOTO/HK scene, I would assume GOTO was originally going to be the one who ordered the HK droids and was making them, which would lead me to FURTHER believe that he may have been associated with the speculated (and cut out) "Droid Planet"

My even bigger assumption that there was actually a "Human GOTO" who was trapped on the driod planet, and perhaps you had to rescue him in a quest or something....

Who knows, we'll never know....

Obsidian wrote that ending....my God. George Lucus could not have wrote a better ending. My God.....I...I take back everything and I mean everything bad I ever said about this game. If this ending was implemented, this game would by far, have surpassed the first one. And I MEAN that. NO ONE could have written a more dark, and telling, and relevant ending. That ending allow would be worth the cost of the game. I say they re-release the damn game so as to make the Xboxers happy. Us PC-ers don't have much of a problem on that end. It would definately be worth it. It.Would.Sell.

As for these ending being to dark... Uh have you read any of the New Jedi Order books published by Lucasbooks? Heck when Anakin Solo dies, his brother nearly ababdons the force, his sister almost becomes a Dark Jedi 'Goddess', his... lover well... explaining that would take awhile, btu lets just say it wasn't good. And Han & Leia don't exactly deal well with their childs death either...  I might not have liked what happened, but I felt for the characters and I respect taking such a bold mood... That series was dark for a logn time afterwards and still hovers around that feeling... It's not Star Wars as you've always known it... And frankly that's a good thing...

Actually it isn't because most fans hate the New Jedi Order series.

Personally I'm a writer and not all my writings have happy endings... In fact the most moving thing I've ever written causes people to break out into tears, because it's incredibly sad (& all in less than 4 pages which implies it strikes a cord most people are familiar with). While I don't want everything to be like that, it is hardly a bad thing. The idea is to make the reader (or watcher) part of the story by making them feel for the characters and what happens to them... Good or bad... It's like an anime series I've watched before, most morbidly depressing thing ever.... But it's like watching a train wreck because even though it's overwhelmingly depressing it's also just so good you can't look away. Dark stories can be good.

Ok I think I'll stop ranting now... >_<

Star Wars is not about Darkness and mature adult situation. It's a light hearted fantasy where the good guys win in the end. As Kreia would say "Changing it's nature would be the ultimate crime". I personally like the original ending incomplete as it is than seeing my companions slaghtered before me.

It's about how you personally perceive it. You cannot say 'Star wars is not about Darkness' full stop, because alot of people may perceive it differently. You obviously see everything with rose tinted glasses, while most other people in this thread see some darkness.

Screw Lucasarts. I know their "wishes" were to make it more open endied and mysterious, but with THAT kind of kind of ending, like Atton said (paraphrasing), "You know, that wholel cryptic routine? It's not really cryptic at all, it's just irritating".

And when does Lucassarts wishes override FAN wishes? Sure, you can argue they make the game, but it is WE who buy it.

And you know what? If they had actually intended for a light hearted ending, why didn't they allow Obsidian Entertainment to make one? That's weird, because by no means as the current ending of KOTOR light hearted at all. If Lucasarts HAD intended, and wanted OE to have light haatted ending, the ending wouldn't be at a dark setting (Malachor V). It's obvious to me that OE ran out of time, or Lucasarts pressured them. Either way, the result is obvious; because OE didn't have enoguh time, their ending wasn't complete.

I've already personally decided not to buy any Lucasarts games for one whole year. I might even extend to two whole years, if they keep this up.

NOTE: I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT. AS IT STAND RIGHT NOW, I DO PLAN TO GET NEVERWINTER NIGHTS 2.

Just skimmed through this thread, sorry if already answered.

Regarding the Dustil Onasi Scene-my guess would be that this isn't intended to be part of the ending, but rather a vision seen in the Sith Tomb on Korriban.  This is based off of the last few lines from the material supplied by Aurora, which are choices the player has when dealing with the Republic soldiers in another vision taking place in the Sith Tomb.  My guess would be that originally the plan was for Dustil to have been a Jedi who went insane and killed his companions, and that you would talk to him as one of your visions in the Tomb.

That reminds me of the corpse you find in Korriban, in the tomb/trial place. The one with the holopad saying how the jedi saw visions then killed his companions...

As for the ending, it could have been great. It may have made the game better than PST. But they cut too much. And they did worse than that, they left bits of it in, bits that didn't make much sense. AKA the remote/GOTO scene (which was never resolved), and the Mira/Hanharr scene, which never went anywhere. You can even see where some of these cut events were going to take place (check the minimap in the sith academy prison).

Also, while it was implied that Bao-Dur died in the crash, didn't Kreia talk about his future? And how did the Ebon Hawk take off after being badly damaged?