Cut Ending Stuff

You, uh, remember the big dangerous beast attacking the shield pretecting the palace throneroom on Onderon? The sith ritual was controlling it - as well as making every other animal in the city angry and restless. The ritual ends when the beast manages to break through the shield - which is when it goes out of control.

So what then was released? Surely not the monster itself, because releasing it causes it to go on the rampage, and since the Sith would wish to keep it under control, that wouldn't be something to gloat about. And I certainly don't remember any reference to a connection between the two, where is this said?

The whole reason that beast was there was to break through the shield wall. The Sith kept the ritual up for as long as they could until that goal was achieved, then broke the ritual off to fight you. They may not have wanted the beast to go out of control, but with you arriving on the scene they didn't have much choice - so they settled for achieving what they could.

Perhaps,but I'm still angry at L.A for rushing what could've been a great RPG.

Time might not have been the reason. I think some of that stuff would have pushed the game into M territory and also it's not very star wars like either.

It's too dark and downbeat...

If Obsidian was told by LA to pull those parts late on then that would explain why the game was as it was. To re record another ending would have required rehiring the VO talent.

If Obsidian hadnt discussed the ending with LA before going ahead then they are somewhat to blame.

Of course this is purely conjecture.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Perhaps,but I'm still angry at L.A for rushing what could've been a great RPG.

Time might not have been the reason. I think some of that stuff would have pushed the game into M territory and also it's not very star wars like either.

It's too dark and downbeat...

If Obsidian was told by LA to pull those parts late on then that would explain why the game was as it was. To re record another ending would have required rehiring the VO talent.

If Obsidian hadnt discussed the ending with LA before going ahead then they are somewhat to blame.

Of course this is purely conjecture.

I understand a bit better now,but do we know the answer to wether or not Obsidian discussed this with L.A?No,no we don't so all we can do is assume what they did. ;)

Hmm, if it was in danger of getting an 'M' rating, that would actually make sense. As for not very Star Wars-like, well, Revenge of the Sith is shaping up to be not very Star Wars-like either (though, I'll leave discussion of the prequel movies at that).

If it truly was about the very high probability of receiving an 'M' rating, well, I'll be disappointed but understanding at that point. Star Wars has been, and really should remain, within the realm of 'T' ratings. If the rating is the case, I will then transfer my hopes to the modding community to try to get the endings in there. Would be nice to see LA ease up on letting Obsidian discuss things with the modding community though.

An excellent point ShadowPaladin. Now, if only we could get some official word from Obsidian/LucasArts about it.

Hmm, if it was in danger of getting an 'M' rating, that would actually make sense.  As for not very Star Wars-like, well, Revenge of the Sith is shaping up to be not very Star Wars-like either (though, I'll leave discussion of the prequel movies at that).

If it truly was about the very high probability of receiving an 'M' rating, well, I'll be disappointed but understanding at that point.  Star Wars has been, and really should remain, within the realm of 'T' ratings.  If the rating is the case, I will then transfer my hopes to the modding community to try to get the endings in there.  Would be nice to see LA ease up on letting Obsidian discuss things with the modding community though.

An excellent point ShadowPaladin.  Now, if only we could get some official word from Obsidian/LucasArts about it.

I wouldnt hold your breath. I doubt LA care too much as long as the game met their criteria and is selling well.

Obsidian probably do care (but like I said if they didnt check with LA then they shoulder some of the blame) But like any good professional employee they wont air their dirty laundry in public even if they do have words with LA on the matter they wont be made public.

They will of course learn from it and not make the same mistake again. (hopefully)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I wouldnt hold your breath. I doubt LA care too much as long as the game met their criteria and is selling well.

Obsidian probably do care (but like I said if they didnt check with LA then they shoulder some of the blame) But like any good professional employee they wont air their dirty laundry in public even if they do have words with LA on the matter they wont be made public.

They will of course learn from it and not make the same mistake again. (hopefully)

Sadly, you are correct about them not caring. All publishers equate happy community with money made. For now, they will continue their foolish belief in this, until their next KotoR game is released. They will still make money, but it won't be anywhere near the success they will be counting on. Gamers have long memories.

As for Obsidian not checking with LA...maybe. I would have thought though that the script and story would first need to be approved by LA before it was in production, but hell, mistakes happen. They may be incredibly talented devs, but they are still human. Still, LA was in charge of the voice acting, and all the dialogue was recorded, so one has to wonder about things.

Anyway, we all have opinions and theories. I will still continue the fight, however hopeless some will claim it to be. My own personal Malachor V if you will. ;)

The German translation of your friends facing Traya (Atris' voice) is funny though...

The introduction "An assassin...A slayer of her own kin...A blinded slave......and a fool" has been translated as if Atton is female. ;)

It seems though as only partially these lines are spoken by Atris, some are spoken by Kreia there have been a lot of changes in the plot until release.

/edit:

As I keep checking the files, I found the files in folders 802, 803, 804 and 806 Vash still is the English voice actor. Either this was changed early in the game development so that they didn't translate it, or it is an error that they put in the English files in the German version. ;)

Ok!  By popular demand, here is the Atton vs Disciple scene, mixed with music and an effect:

Evil Atton!!!

Hope ya like it.  :D

You have a special place in my heart Eji!!! :p

Here's the mp3 version for people who cannot listen to wma files.

Nicky Katt has such a great voice and incredible talent! Darkside Atton comes off as mournful for the fact that the Exile seems to care for Disciple mor, but also so cold and void of feeling as he states "I don't care, I just want you to die." Poor Atton, he needs a hug.

Ok!  By popular demand, here is the Atton vs Disciple scene, mixed with music and an effect:

Evil Atton!!!

Hope ya like it.  :D

You have a special place in my heart Eji!!! :p

Here's the mp3 version for people who cannot listen to wma files.

Nicky Katt has such a great voice and incredible talent! Darkside Atton comes off as mournful for the fact that the Exile seems to care for Disciple mor, but also so cold and void of feeling as he states "I don't care, I just want you to die." Poor Atton, he needs a hug.

Hm..The file doesn't open for me.

Hm..The file doesn't open for me.

You can't download it? Or when you download, it the file doesn't open?

If the former: The link itself opens to an HTML page that contains a link to the mp3 file - so don't right-click the link if that's what you're doing.

Oooo... tingly!

Just finished listening to the dialogs that were put up... thank you for doing that! ;)

I must admit that the Atton Death one looks better on paper. It just isn't as sad and squeeful with the actor doing it. He really is not Carth. BUT... the evil Atton killing Disciple is... *gets the shivers*... really, really good! (w00t)

For info for all potential hidden audio files digger...

ALl audio files are in folder \StreamVoice of your Kotor2 installation folder.

You don't need any converter tool, just copy the file you want to listen to some place else ( to avoid breaking your game ;-) and replace the exension '.wav' by '.mp3' YOu can then directly listen to them using, for instance Winamp (Windows media player does not work for me, cant say why).

BTW you can do the same for KOTOR and you can also get all the music from StreamMusic folder (thought KOTOR music is much better than KOTOR2 ;-)