Cut Ending Stuff

I just have to add my voice to the masses here. I just can't even describe how disappointed and totally let-down I was at the end of this game. :) *pouts* The ending was almost a shock after having played through what was, up to the point of Malachor V, an outstanding game. I still can't believe that all of that fantastic material was cut. I can only imagine that Obsidian's disappointment runs as deep as ours. This game was their baby after all (well adopted from Bioware to an extent, but you know what I mean), and I'm guessing that it probably wasn't their decision to put in some hack 'n slash levels at the end and call it a day. Bummer for them and for us, I guess.

On a more positive note, thank you to everyone who posted the written dialogs and the sound files. They're great (especially HK-47's and Atton's dialogs). Being able to listen to them has at least allowed me to tie up the loose ends of the story, if no where else but my imagination. I've got lots of faith in the talent of the modding community, maybe we'll get lucky and someone will come up with something better than what was shipped with the game. *crosses fingers and hopes* :(

Same as above, here. Despite the bugs that cropped up I loved the game right up until the end of the council meeting. The Atris scene seemed a little strange, Telos station/ravager seemed cobbled together and Mandalore V seemed utterly incomplete. Not to mention how the academy was a joke. A series of bare rooms, each filled with fodder enemies? Please.

And then I find this thread, and see what was cut. It's a crying shame that this happened, seeing how this stuff would have made for a complete ending. Not that there didn't seem to be things missing from the main game itself (Bao-Dur seemed severely lacking in conversations post-Telos, HK-50 Factory). But what really bugs me is this.

What the hell happened to the main character's force bond with Kreia?

If someone converts Atton's death to an MP3 file I will give you my first born child. As a mac user, for me it just shows as a bunch of funny symbols. I know, I know.. it's my fault for having a stupid mac. But please, have mercy on me!

Unfortunately, I can't put up the mp3 because my host doesn't allow mp3 files... that's why I converted them to windows media. If you download the mac version of the windows media player, I'm guessing it should play fine.

Here. I know what it feels like to have something just out of your reach - I converted them into mp3s. By the way, umm... would it be too much to ask if somebody could put up files of when Atton falls to the Darkside attacks Disciple? I'd be forever grateful... Please...

Atton's Death

Atton Tags Along

--Both files will be up for about seven days only.

One those files would explain the "bittersweet" ending one of the devs, think it was Akari, was talking about. Atton dying like that would have been sad. The more things I read on this board the more and more disappointed I am with K2. Unbelievable!

Very disappointing, indeed.

There's one strange thing I'd like to mention. I own the German language version of TSL. All the sound files that have been mentioned here are included in this version, but not all of them have been translated.

Visas-Mandalore dialogue in the streamvoice/852 directory has been completely translated. It's a very high quality translation, especially when you compare it to the German subtitles, which contain a horrible amount of even more horrible spelling and grammar mistakes.

Vash's and IS24's (some droid on the droid planet) lines (streamvoice/802 dictionary) are in English.

G0T0 / HK-47 Showdown: translated (again very high quality)

Atton / Disciple and Atton / Sion dialogues: translated

Any files that contain 'cut' in their filename: translated.

I seriously do not understand it. Why wasting tons of money for a very high quality translation (way beyond the standard!) of audiofiles that aren't needed at all? And when you are already wasting all that money... why don't you do it properly and translate everything?

Don't expect the lost Vash-Scenes to be added through a patch.

Another point: You find Vash on Korriban. Dead. Most of Korriban in TSL was already accessible in the first game. Most of it is unchanged - there are just loads of blocked paths. Even when I played the game for the first time Korriban was just dull and annoying. After reading this thread and listening to all those audio files I can't help thinking that dull, boring Korriban is what should have been that robot planet. It's not just the ending that's been reduced to basically nothing. I think when the release date got near they just dug out that old Korriban design, blocked some paths, added some rubble and the maze - which resembles for most parts one of those mazes in the Sith Lord's graves from Kotor 1.

What the hell happened to the main character's force bond with Kreia?

I think one of the cut lines from master vashe(sp) says if one of the pair falls to the darkside the bond is cut.

Yet more evidence to have this cut content restored. A petition exists for just this purpose:

http://www.petitiononline.com/kotor2/

It may do little to get things changed, but doing nothing achieves nothing.

Vash could so easily be put back in.

She talks about the fate of her apprentice in her lost dialogues, and how he was captured. Cool. Have her apprentice be the one you discover dead, and have him be the one who put in a computer username. Vash even says he's supposed to be a genius with computers.

Vash mentions that she was 'left in this chamber' when she awoke. Perfect. Put her, unconscious, in the final chamber of the tomb, where you confront Revan. The bad guys put her in there so she couldn't find her way out and she'd go mad from dark side visions. Kudos to them, bwahaha. But you get her out.

You have the discussion with her, all well and good, and you get to hear that line about how links can die if one or the other fall to the Dark Side. That's so needed. It answers one of the most puzzling aspects of this game that resonates all through the whole thing.

How come she doesn't show on Dantooine? Easy! Sion shows up - after all, as things stand he sure gives up 'the hunt' pretty easily, doesn't he? - and Vash 'pulls an Obi-Wan' and you run while she holds him back. Maybe you don't even need dialog for this, maybe there's a collapse in the chamber or something and you're seperated from them. You escape the tomb, she's dead, it takes time for Sion to dig himself out (explains why he doesn't chase you), bish, bash, the job's a good'un.

People, listen to those cut dialogues, it would be so simple. Or, at least, it WOULD be if there was some way to EDIT the damn ANIMATIONS! I despair sometimes!

Vash could so easily be put back in.

She talks about the fate of her apprentice in her lost dialogues, and how he was captured. Cool. Have her apprentice be the one you discover dead, and have him be the one who put in a computer username. Vash even says he's supposed to be a genius with computers.

Vash mentions that she was 'left in this chamber' when she awoke. Perfect. Put her, unconscious, in the final chamber of the tomb, where you confront Revan. The bad guys put her in there so she couldn't find her way out and she'd go mad from dark side visions. Kudos to them, bwahaha. But you get her out.

You have the discussion with her, all well and good, and you get to hear that line about how links can die if one or the other fall to the Dark Side. That's so needed. It answers one of the most puzzling aspects of this game that resonates all through the whole thing.

How come she doesn't show on Dantooine? Easy! Sion shows up - after all, as things stand he sure gives up 'the hunt' pretty easily, doesn't he? - and Vash 'pulls an Obi-Wan' and you run while she holds him back. Maybe you don't even need dialog for this, maybe there's a collapse in the chamber or something and you're seperated from them. You escape the tomb, she's dead, it takes time for Sion to dig himself out (explains why he doesn't chase you), bish, bash, the job's a good'un.

People, listen to those cut dialogues, it would be so simple. Or, at least, it WOULD be if there was some way to EDIT the damn ANIMATIONS! I despair sometimes!

GREAT idea Credulus. Any new content, be it from modders or Dev's would be much appreciated.

Speaking of animations, I mentioned this in the petition as well:

Considering that the sound files are there, isn't there a possibility that the animations are there as well? If that's the case, then what's needed is a change in the "whatever its called that tells the game what to do/play" (scripting?). That'd be alot easier than doing these animations from scratch.

By the way, umm... would it be too much to ask if somebody could put up files of when Atton falls to the Darkside attacks Disciple? I'd be forever grateful... Please...

I'd like to second this request, and many thanks stop_him for converting the files. You have officially made my day week.

Well, seeing how my Atton Death clip went over so well, I'd be happy to make a mix of the Atton/Disciple scene if someone could tell me which folder the darn conversation's in. The Death scene was easy enough to find, but I can't seem to locate the DIsciple one.

By the way, umm... would it be too much to ask if somebody could put up files of when Atton falls to the Darkside attacks Disciple? I'd be forever grateful... Please...

I'd like to second this request, and many thanks stop_him for converting the files. You have officially made my day week.

Well, seeing how my Atton Death clip went over so well, I'd be happy to make a mix of the Atton/Disciple scene if someone could tell me which folder the darn conversation's in. The Death scene was easy enough to find, but I can't seem to locate the DIsciple one.

Oh would you? I'll love you ever more! :( I'd be happy to make them into mp3's again if the place you upload them to doesn't allow those file types. Oh!

Don't lost hope, people. If enough of us want this ending badly enough we will find a way. There is a precedent - anyone remember TV program the Sentinel? That too was cancelled with a half-assed ending, and it was fan pressure that got another six episodes made and the whole thing resolved properly.

If nothing else maybe someone'll create a mod in neverwinter nights - the will and the talent are out there. And believe it or not, I trust Obsidian. I've played the games these guys wrote more than any others. I've got faith that somehow they will find a way to come through for us.

Another thing that no one has mentioned is the sith ritual in the tomb on dxun.

What was it supposed to be ?????

And why is Atris always shown as the light side main character, in the images she always wears a blue lightsaber ans she even fights Nihilus ;) ....

And why is Atris always shown as the light side main character, in the images she always wears a blue lightsaber ans she even fights Nihilus  ;) ....

You're right about the ritual. What the hell was that? If I remember correctly the Sith Lord said something along the lines of;

"You are too late. It has been done. It has been released."

So, what the hell was he talking about?

As for Atris, I suppose they wanted her to appear as the good little Jedi, and let you find out the truth for yourself. That she was drawing power from both sides. However, considing she and Nihilius were even on the cover, I had expected a lot more from them.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

Its under 903/903ATTON.

Another thing that caught my attention was 853/Sioncut...it appears to be a scene where Sion talks to Nihilus(would be my guess since he says "i did what with all your power, you could not do" and "our alliance is finished"...interesting.

Oh, and sorry if this has already been brought up, I didn't read through the whole thread.

I think that was dark side battle meditation?!? To help the troops down on the planet.

IIRC, it was about controlling all the beasts on Dxun/Onderon.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You're right about the ritual. What the hell was that? If I remember correctly the Sith Lord said something along the lines of;

"You are too late. It has been done. It has been released."

So, what the hell was he talking about?

You, uh, remember the big dangerous beast attacking the shield pretecting the palace throneroom on Onderon? The sith ritual was controlling it - as well as making every other animal in the city angry and restless. The ritual ends when the beast manages to break through the shield - which is when it goes out of control.

I always thought they were trying to resurrect the dead sith lord there.. he was mumified, happened in the past, could happen again..

turns out I was wrong.. hey anyone tried the turrets in onderon?? does shooting down those fighters affect your game?? and I had bao dur in my pary so the shields were never a problem.. but if you didnt, where would you disable them(shields)?

You, uh, remember the big dangerous beast attacking the shield pretecting the palace throneroom on Onderon? The sith ritual was controlling it - as well as making every other animal in the city angry and restless. The ritual ends when the beast manages to break through the shield - which is when it goes out of control.

So what then was released? Surely not the monster itself, because releasing it causes it to go on the rampage, and since the Sith would wish to keep it under control, that wouldn't be something to gloat about. And I certainly don't remember any reference to a connection between the two, where is this said?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I've read most of the post and I dunno if it has come up allready or not but anyways....

If you look on the screens(1 and 4) here you will c that exile is using a lightsaber on the first lvl of the game... http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/previews/defau...bsectionid=1599

Then on the 4th screen you will c an entire party fightin sion(where kreia lost her hand).... And to me that leads to the question: was the whole telos part supposed to be later in the game? And if it was then was there a whole starting lvl that we never even heard of?

Also about the emotional breakdowns.. I would also cry and go insane if someone told me that I had to take one of the possibly best rpg's and cut it in half and destroy all that i had worked on..