Cut Ending Stuff

I think some of those simpler cut scenes probably will be modded, but there's a couple that would either be tricky or impossible, like Atton's death scene.  That scene requires what sounds like a different model altogether (heavily wounded, and if connected to the Sion scene his arm would have to be gone as well) and new animation, considering that he's described as being crumpled on the floor so his animations/interactions would need to be unique to that scene.  To me it sounds like it's not so much as modding as it is programming from scratch.  :blink:

I dunno, though... there are some really great modders out there.  If they can really manage to program all that into a scene, then I'll most definitely want to see the outcome.

Now I'm not a modder, but if a modder can change the appearence of certain character (hair color, skin tone, ect.), why can't they make a make a new model of Atton all beat up and have him lying on the ground? It wouldn't be perfect, but he doesn't really need to be all shriveled up and he could even have both arms, but it would be better than nothing.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

When would a dev. be 'free' at all to comment on these?

Best question on the whole thread. I would like to know this myself, but I fear I wouldn't like the answer.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

Damn. My day was going so good. I was content with the idea that the game was just poorly done and rushed. Now I guess I just have to live with the thought of what could/should have been. I myself would love an explanation on this, at least an acknowledgement that what we are saying is being heard. This is so disappointing.

Damn.  My day was going so good.  I was content with the idea that the game was just poorly done and rushed.  Now I guess I just have to live with the thought of what could/should have been.  I myself would love an explanation on this, at least an acknowledgement that what we are saying is being heard.  This is so disappointing.

It has been pointed out before and in different threads:

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...412139&forum=95

Not sure if I like the answers, though.

Well, enjoy your stay amongst the ranks of the minority. 

As for a Christmas rush for NWN2...there won't be. It's slated for a release mid to early 2006...meaning Christmas will be no where in sight.

That was what Brian Lawson had to say in response to a poster's comments over on the Bio boards about K2's failings being the bugs, the dialog and the ending.

Minority?

Man, do the OE devs even SEE their own forums anymore???

Even if the majority of the posters (including myself) agree that the game is in need of some revising, it is still entirely possible that we are the vocal minority. People rarely come to these boards unless they have a problem with the game in the first place, so the demographic is skewed. On the other hand, there are some people who come to these boards simply because they love the game a lot.

Either way, I agree with you. The OE developers have been curiously inactive on their own boards, and what they have to say is about the only thing that will lay many of the questions in the minds of the readers to rest.

Regardless, I found that programmer's post to be incredibly arrogant. Of course initial sales of their game were tremendous, because nobody knows anything's wrong with it really until they get to the end and feel like they've been punched in the face...

What irks me are the reviewers and the people who gave it RPG of the year and so forth. It would be amusing to see the people behind those awards try to explain the entire plotline. Indeed, it wasn't until I was trying to explain the storyline to someone else that I realized I had no idea what was going on by the end of it. A most embarassing moment, I assure you.

Even if the majority of the posters (including myself) agree that the game is in need of some revising, it is still entirely possible that we are the vocal minority. People rarely come to these boards unless they have a problem with the game in the first place, so the demographic is skewed. On the other hand, there are some people who come to these boards simply because they love the game a lot.

Either way, I agree with you. The OE developers have been curiously inactive on their own boards, and what they have to say is about the only thing that will lay many of the questions in the minds of the readers to rest.

Regardless, I found that programmer's post to be incredibly arrogant. Of course initial sales of their game were tremendous, because nobody knows anything's wrong with it really until they get to the end and feel like they've been punched in the face...

What irks me are the reviewers and the people who gave it RPG of the year and so forth. It would be amusing to see the people behind those awards try to explain the entire plotline. Indeed, it wasn't until I was trying to explain the storyline to someone else that I realized I had no idea what was going on by the end of it. A most embarassing moment, I assure you.

Am I the only one who understood virtually all of it the first time through? I agree it would have been a hundred times better if they had more time to put that stuff in (if they still intended to), but I never really felt lost. The only thing that I didn't see an explanation for is Mira. She's behind you, but she is supposedly looking foward to a good future, despite the fact that the last time you see her she is entering the academy? The ship was already gone by then, so that confuses me a bit.

EDIT: Oh, and rather his statement was true or false, I find it arrogant.

I do think it is far better than the first though, but arrogance still annoys me.

We are indeed a minority on these boards alone. But there are many,many Star Wars boards. I have been to many, and I have seen their thoughts on KOTOR 2. All agree that though the game might have been good at times, it is incomplete, with a very poor ending. Plus unanswered questions.

You get all these board members to sign a petition, then No longer are we a minority.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Our lives would have been so much less stressful if we'd never clicked on this damn thread. >_<

Yeah. Our lives are pretty pathetic if this stresses us out, too. At least I expect someone who believes themselves witty to say this sometime soon.

The only reason I'm so obsessed with this is BECAUSE THE STUFF IS THERE. It's sitting in a folder on our hard drive. It's stuff that you know if it had made it's way into the game, the game would've been one of the best RPGs to date (For me, at least. To each their own).

But yes. I need to go hang out with people. KOTOR2 has robbed too many hours from me as is. The Drama of KOTOR2's missing stuff is just... bleh.

I have no idea what marketing genious came up with the idea to cut it.

Seeing that KOTOR was so immensely popular, had so many rewards and has a huge modding community. It was obvious that this would be discovered. Especially after such and obvious lack of an ending and missing content.

Most of this was discovered even before the PC version hit the shelves.

With such a large fan base and following of Star Wars games, this could impact on the release of KOTOR 3. KOTOR2 was bought without even reading a review, based on my KOTOR 1 experience. KOTOR 3 I wont be so quick to purchase.

Though most of us by then will want it, simply hoping for a more of the story. It wont be because of the success and amazement we saw for KOTOR 2.

As far as modding goes with a game like this. It is apparently Lucasarts that does not like its games modded. Regardless of the developer. So dont expect any tools to help with any of this.

Simply put. Recreating the ending will be impossible. Due to annimation, models, voices and probably much more problems.

I have never known a company who release an unfinished game, to add it in a content patch.

The game is broken. The ending isnt there. Only a very poor coverup. Much of the content throught he game is missing and that is very obvious the first time you play it. Even without knowing.

Even the cities have a lack of people in them. Its like they simply got cut off, to start working on KOTOR 3.

There is nothing the community can do. We will all no doubt want KOTOR 3. KOTOR 2 will probably sell enough to keep their accountants happy and so all they need to do is fix minor bugs and leave it as is.

From an amazing game like KOTOR, that renewed my interest in Star Wars games, made me buy Galaxies, got me playing RPG and left me in awe. To something like this empty shell, with a story that goes no where and stops when you are 50% through the game.

Let them release an expansion pack, then charge us for content that should of been there all along.

If someone converts Atton's death to an MP3 file I will give you my first born child. As a mac user, for me it just shows as a bunch of funny symbols. I know, I know.. it's my fault for having a stupid mac. But please, have mercy on me!

It's somewhere in this thread. Search for it.

Damn it. Damn it. DAMNIT. Just reading Atton's death moved me, hell, reading the whole thing moved me. Imagine experiencing that ending - wow.

I would have gladly waited a year for Obsidian to include that ending. Damn it, I would gladly wait for 3 years for that ending alone.

Damn it.

If someone converts Atton's death to an MP3 file I will give you my first born child. As a mac user, for me it just shows as a bunch of funny symbols. I know, I know.. it's my fault for having a stupid mac. But please, have mercy on me!

Unfortunately, I can't put up the mp3 because my host doesn't allow mp3 files... that's why I converted them to windows media. If you download the mac version of the windows media player, I'm guessing it should play fine.

Unfortunately, I can't put up the mp3 because my host doesn't allow mp3 files... that's why I converted them to windows media. If you download the mac version of the windows media player, I'm guessing it should play fine.

Winamp can also play WMP files. You should have winamp.

Here. I know what it feels like to have something just out of your reach - I converted them into mp3s. By the way, umm... would it be too much to ask if somebody could put up files of when Atton falls to the Darkside and attacks Disciple? I'd be forever grateful... Please...

Atton's Death

Atton Tags Along

--Both files will be up for about seven days only.

I converted them into mp3s... umm. Would it be too much to ask if somebody could put up files of when Atton attacks Disciple? I'd be forever grateful... Please...

Atton's Death

Atton Tags Along

The first born will be delivered in 6-8 years. Give or take... In the mean time, I offer you many thanks!

By the way, umm... would it be too much to ask if somebody could put up files of when Atton falls to the Darkside attacks Disciple? I'd be forever grateful... Please...

I'd like to second this request, and many thanks stop_him for converting the files. You have officially made my day week.

Here. I know what it feels like to have something just out of your reach - I converted them into mp3s. By the way, umm... would it be too much to ask if somebody could put up files of when Atton falls to the Darkside attacks Disciple? I'd be forever grateful... Please...

Atton's Death

Atton Tags Along

Thanks for the mp3's stop_him. 666th post! :(:):devil:

Cheers!