Cut Ending Stuff

May be Obsidian has intentionally left this content in the release build, so we can find it ...  :p

I hope this is a joke, but that makes no sense what so ever.

[EDIT] Open mouth, insert foot: upon reconsideration, it is quite plausible that if Lucas Arts forced Obsidian, directly or indirectly, to cut these scenes, that they could have been left as Obsidian's collective thumb biting.

thank you for this thread and the endings, I loved the game but the end felt a bit rushed. When Kreya gives you the option of telling the futur of our friends, I believed I would see cutscenes showing what happens (a la Hords of the underdark) but instead you get a rushed ending that doesn't feel right somehow.

After reading this thread, I understand.

I don't believe we'll see a special edition, maybe a patch (that we would have to pay for ?) could be an option?

May be Obsidian has intentionally left this content in the release build, so we can find it ...  :p

Actually, it does. Lucasarts would probably never let them add it, but since the files are almost all there, modders could probably tweak around and find a way to add them to the game. That way, the game they wanted to make would be available.

Actually, it does. Lucasarts would probably never let them add it, but since the files are almost all there, modders could probably tweak around and find a way to add them to the game. That way, the game they wanted to make would be available.

I'm afraid the modders can't add it, since there's no tool to change the animations.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

the cutted moments were dubbed in other languages, it's strange !

I heard in french the line when sion says that he will make atton look like him .

And there is a dialogue between sion and kreia where he calls her master a few times, he asks her what she will do to the exile and she asks herself if sion still have a heart because he cares about the exile.

the cutted moments were dubbed in other languages, it's strange !

I heard in french the line when sion says that he will make atton look like him .

And there is a dialogue between sion and kreia where he calls her master a few times, he asks her what she will do to the exile and she asks herself if sion still have a heart because he cares about the exile.

Does he still have a Scottish accent when he speaks French?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Who Sion ????

No, in the French version  he has got a cool bad guy voice.

Hasn't he in the english version ???

He has a Scottish accent in the English version. Not a flowery one, like say Scotty in Star Trek has, but a low, croaking one that actually sounds pretty evil.

Of course, being Scottish myself, I may be a tad biased...

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

That seems strange that the foreign language versions would have all these cut dialogs in them as well.

Perhaps all the dialog versions were recorded at roughly the same time in the development cycle (?)

Which was obviously prior to them deciding to hack n' slash the ending to get the Xbox version out for the holidays <sigh>

Why modders shouldn't be able to add content ? Most of the cutscenes in the game use standard animations. (walking, drawing a wapon or some other idle/filler animations). They could be reused as well. If there are all those voice files inside the folders, chances are that there are even scripts, maybe additional models and textures

Why modders shouldn't be able to add content ? Most of the cutscenes in the game use standard animations. (walking, drawing a wapon or some other idle/filler animations). They could be reused as well. If there are all those voice files inside the folders, chances are that there are even scripts, maybe additional models and textures

I think some of those simpler cut scenes probably will be modded, but there's a couple that would either be tricky or impossible, like Atton's death scene. That scene requires what sounds like a different model altogether (heavily wounded, and if connected to the Sion scene his arm would have to be gone as well) and new animation, considering that he's described as being crumpled on the floor so his animations/interactions would need to be unique to that scene. To me it sounds like it's not so much as modding as it is programming from scratch. :thumbsup:

I dunno, though... there are some really great modders out there. If they can really manage to program all that into a scene, then I'll most definitely want to see the outcome.

thing is that if you look deep enough into the core coding, you can see it's partially based on the Aurora module from NWN... but they do claim it's a all new engine, even though they added in NWN multiplayer module for multiplayer. (Check the swkotor.ini... odd?) Anyhow, most of the general animations would be easy, and the atton death would be fairly simple if you can find the choke animation and/or lost hand, and the death animation... It's just a matter of looking at Kreia's code for the hand and disabling the hand function in the prog (OK THAT IS HARD LOL).... Other than that, yeah, most of it would be good.

BTW I did do a run through of all the bik's and noted some numbered movies not in the list. Also, has anyone even found the HK trigger and the world they came from? Because if you think a second and surf the net, there is a new mod for Kotor 1 that has a added planet and the dialogs and such also... Wonder if they could add in the same stuff for HK.. ; ;

thing is that if you look deep enough into the core coding, you can see it's partially based on the Aurora module from NWN... but they do claim it's a all new engine, even though they added in NWN multiplayer module for multiplayer. (Check the swkotor.ini... odd?) Anyhow, most of the general animations would be easy, and the atton death would be fairly simple if you can find the choke animation and/or lost hand, and the death animation... It's just a matter of looking at Kreia's code for the hand and disabling the hand function in the prog (OK THAT IS HARD LOL).... Other than that, yeah, most of it would be good.

Actually, though I may be wrong, I think that Kreia actually uses a different model for when she's handless. At least this is what I would gather from KSE, where she has a different "appearance" setting for before and after her run in with Sion on Peragus.

May be Obsidian has intentionally left this content in the release build, so we can find it ...  :ermm:

I'm afraid the modders can't add it, since there's no tool to change the animations.

Actually, upon reconsideration, it is possible it was left by Obisidian for players to discover to create exactly this sort of reaction, probably due to LA one way or another.

Actually, upon reconsideration, it is possible it was left by Obisidian for players to discover to create exactly this sort of reaction, probably due to LA one way or another.

Now wouldn't that be devious? Sadly I thought I would be buying a game, not a Machiavellian device through which Obsidian determines how I will act, heh. Whatever works though. It's possible, and I know I might have done something similar.

Aha! AHA! It wasn't a lie!

/kotor2/streamvoice/802/vash01/ 802vash01021- Master Vash talking about her Padawan, and the force link she shared with him:

"The bond can be broken in many ways. If one falls to the Dark Side, the bond may fade and eventually break... this is why when gripped with fear, Kaa was unable to feel our bond. He assumed I was dead."

All this time it's been a puzzle as to how Kreia's force bond with the Exile mysteriously evaporated - and here's the answer! The old witch might not have been lying after all! If basic, necessary exposition like THIS is buried in the sound files, what on earth is still in there?

I'm even more pained about what was cut out now that I've listened to those sound files! I mean that HK-47 stuff was absolutely brilliant and hilarious, not to mention the Atton death scene which I was amazed to find was actually surprisingly moving. For the most part, I've felt somewhat annoyed with/mystified by his character until hearing that & the other missing lines. Ah, to think of what might have been... sigh.