Cut Ending Stuff

...it's about now a DEV's comment on this whole thing would be super.

Thought I suspect WERE they to comment on this situation (as I can guess the cut-ending was more a LucasArts fault than anything else), L.A would definatly not be renewing a KOTOR III with them.

Hmmmmmm

HK mocking Carth and Bastila! God why was this cut??? That has to be the most hilarious thing I've ever heard that tin can say in both games!!! LOL. God I wish they'd put that in again.

Actually that wasn't cut - it's very much in the game, providing you have enough influence with HK.

I believe camicortes just added it to keep in the spirit of this thread and the rest of his post. :geek:

manthing2.jpg

Hi all, new to the forum here, but couldn't help but notice this interesting thread. 

I did some sifting through the voice folders and pieced together two of the scenes for your listening pleasure:

Atton's Death

Atton's "Need any company?" Bit

I added some music to hopefully make it feel more appropriate, and tried to space out the dialogue for more dramatic effect.  What do you think?  :ph34r:

Dude...

You guys are killing me here. Please stop. I mean this is seriously bumming me out. That Atton Death was truly awesome. Yet they cut it.

Seriously. No more. I can't take much more of this before I honestly just take the game back. The more you guys dig up these files, the more I see how incomplete this game was.

It would be like if when ROTJ had come out we went right from the troops gathering on Endor to the Emperor falling down the pit, and then the end credits suddenly rolling.

This sucks, man.

Hi all, new to the forum here, but couldn't help but notice this interesting thread. 

I did some sifting through the voice folders and pieced together two of the scenes for your listening pleasure:

Atton's Death

I added some music to hopefully make it feel more appropriate, and tried to space out the dialogue for more dramatic effect.  What do you think?  :ph34r:

Dude...

You guys are killing me here. Please stop. I mean this is seriously bumming me out. That Atton Death was truly awesome. Yet they cut it.

Seriously. No more. I can't take much more of this before I honestly just take the game back. The more you guys dig up these files, the more I see how incomplete this game was.

It would be like if when ROTJ had come out we went right from the troops gathering on Endor to the Emperor falling down the pit, and then the end credits suddenly rolling.

This sucks, man.

:) Didn't mean to bum you out, but I was equally bummed when I had initially read about this. I wanted to at least give people an option of hearing what was cut. (music for the Death clip was an adjusted segment from Vader's death music in ROTJ, heheh)

Atton's death indirectly reminds me of KoTOR1's cut DS ending with Carth and female Revan dying together. Both were very strong pieces that deserved to be in the games, but whereas KoTOR1 still felt more-or-less complete at the end, 2 unfortunately didn't have the same effect on me. :/

I believe camicortes just added it to keep in the spirit of this thread and the rest of his post.  :)

Oh Thanks for the heads up jag!!! My HK is still sparking in the cargo hold so I haven't talked to him at all yet, since I got the final part I need to fix him I'm definately keeping an eye out for this conversation.

No problem Muad'Dib. Wait 'till you ask him what his 'definition of love' is in regard to your women troubles. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

This really just blows my mind. Nicky Katt has got to be pissed that his big ending got cut.

Think about how awesome the flashback scene at M5 was. Traya, powerless, laying there while Sion gloats over her. The surprisingly violent beating he gives her. Now think about the scene aboard the Ebon Hawk where Kreia teaches you to "listen," and you hear your party members thoughts at the same time. That scene was absolutely fantastic.

Those two scenes were better than anything in KOTOR. In my mind, that proved OE can really create some video game drama - it also raised my expectations for the rest of the game tenfold. Those expectations would have been met if they had taken the same care that they did in earlier scenes in the endgame.

Atton's beating and death (or his attack on the Disciple), along with the rest of the party confronting Kreia, Bao-Dur's sacrifice, an actual ending with the droids... this would have turned a disappointing game (that wins awards by default, not merit) into one of the greatest RPG's ever.

And you know what's really funny? That LucasArts even had the freaking nerveto use stuff in the Voice trailer that wasn't even in the damn game!!! They KNEW it was gold and didn't let it make the game, because of a preset deadline, pressure from fat cats, whatever. What a funny joke. It's so funny it hurts to laugh.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

This really just blows my mind. Nicky Katt has got to be pissed that his big ending got cut.

Think about how awesome the flashback scene at M5 was. Traya, powerless, laying there while Sion gloats over her. The surprisingly violent beating he gives her. Now think about the scene aboard the Ebon Hawk where Kreia teaches you to "listen," and you hear your party members thoughts at the same time. That scene was absolutely fantastic.

Those two scenes were better than anything in KOTOR. In my mind, that proved OE can really create some video game drama - it also raised my expectations for the rest of the game tenfold. Those expectations would have been met if they had taken the same care that they did in earlier scenes in the endgame.

Atton's beating and death (or his attack on the Disciple), along with the rest of the party confronting Kreia, Bao-Dur's sacrifice, an actual ending with the droids... this would have turned a disappointing game (that wins awards by default, not merit) into one of the greatest RPG's ever.

And you know what's really funny? That LucasArts even had the freaking nerveto use stuff in the Voice trailer that wasn't even in the damn game!!!  They KNEW it was gold and didn't let it make the game, because of a preset deadline, pressure from fat cats, whatever. What a funny joke. It's so funny it hurts to laugh.

It hurts so bad that I don't even want a K3 right now! I want a 'TSL : Special Edition' damnit! icon7.gif

manthing2.jpg

Hrm... I think that whole Atton attacking Disciple/ Handmaiden attacking Visas thing hints that Kreia might have turned them to her cause... since they both mention her. I also seem to remember (I may just be crazy, but I swear someone told me this) that there was an ending where the Exile dies and Kreia had twisted Atton around... or else it was Sion... gaah... memory... dead.... Someone please tell me i'm not just spouting gibberish...

I really don't want to listen to all that stuff!

It's so tempting, but a part of me hopes a special content patch will be released and I can see everything fresh!

Here's hoping!

I think, in all honesty, that a patch is doubtful... Even if OE wants to do it, I bet it's LA that has the last word, and they're probably just satified enough that KOTOR2 has sold well enough to merit another sequel. These sound clips might be as close as you can get to a true endgame story.... why not listen to them..? You know you want to... and you'll feel so much better if you do....

Eji has moved closer to the Dark Side.

I just found Vashe's dialgoue... shows how complete teh game WAS!!! :-

Yeah. All the scripting (voice scripting that is) is there and it is clear more detailed engame scenarios existed, which from what I've listened to, brings tears to my eyes. Not necessarily the content (though, Atton's Death is touching), but it's the fact that it was left out. It's so well done and worthwhile to not have it there.

The major push this game had was the Influence system. Well, the ending as it is basically undermines it. We never get to see it's ultimate resolution, we never see what effect we had.

I'm all for leaving things open for a sequel...but this? Even ESB had resolution. Luke got his artificial hand and had to deal with his feelings of his parentage, a plan to rescue Han is in the works, Luke apparently has a sibling, and the Rebellion is forced to base itself with the Fleet. You just had to see RotJ at that point!

With KotoR II, we don't get that sense of urgency to play the next one, as this one's ending made no sense for the most part, and only left questions as to wtf just happened.

Sad, just sad. Let's keep our voices heard. Return that content!

This is appears to be the dialog for a DS female Reven. There are a few extra sound files for male and LS combinations.

Would you be willing to give us the LS combo?

Because I'm of the opinion that Revan told Canderous to rebuild clan Ordo and the Mandalorians to help he and the Republic defeat the True Sith when the real war begins.

I would if there was anything significant, but there isn't really. LS Revan doesn't leave Mandalore dying at the rim (he/she just leaves him), and he/she doesn't laugh at him. The basic content is the same.

Thanks for finding this..just...thanks.

p.s how do you extract the sound files?

I didn't. I just listened to the sound files in the directory listed above with Miles Sound Tools.

There's also dialog for an end-game conflict between HK and G0-T0 in there.

There's other dialog you probably do have to extract to get your hands on, but I don't know how to do that.

Atton's Death

Good work.