Cut Ending Stuff

This is appears to be the dialog for a DS female Reven. There are a few extra sound files for male and LS combinations.

Would you be willing to give us the LS combo?

Because I'm of the opinion that Revan told Canderous to rebuild clan Ordo and the Mandalorians to help he and the Republic defeat the True Sith when the real war begins.

Can I add my voice to those begging pathetically for a content patch, even if it's just for the Atton romance? The dialogue at the start was fantastic and he and Bao-dur were hands down the best characters in the game for me. I was so looking forward to some kind of resolution to the romance and the dialogue I've seen quoted earlier in the thread would have just blown me away. As it is I just feel... well, itchy and strangely unfulfilled.

All the characters are brilliantly written and voice acted, it would be a real shame to leave the ending as it is now, with no idea of what happened to any of them. So please please please please please... could we have a content patch?? Even if it's just to resolve the whole Atton thing? :">

I'm getting some webspace so I can post a few clips of the sound files for X-Box users (who presumably can't get to these files, or it's a lot harder, or what? I'm clueless about consoles).

Can I add my voice to those begging pathetically for a content patch, even if it's just for the Atton romance?  The dialogue at the start was fantastic and he and Bao-dur were hands down the best characters in the game for me.  I was so looking forward to some kind of resolution to the romance and the dialogue I've seen quoted earlier in the thread would have just blown me away.  As it is I just feel... well, itchy and strangely unfulfilled. 

Yeah, I felt like that too, but fortunately I have just the tool for dealing with it.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

I'm getting some webspace so I can post a few clips of the sound files for X-Box users (who presumably can't get to these files, or it's a lot harder, or what? I'm clueless about consoles).

Can I add my voice to those begging pathetically for a content patch, even if it's just for the Atton romance?  The dialogue at the start was fantastic and he and Bao-dur were hands down the best characters in the game for me.  I was so looking forward to some kind of resolution to the romance and the dialogue I've seen quoted earlier in the thread would have just blown me away.  As it is I just feel... well, itchy and strangely unfulfilled. 

Yeah, I felt like that too, but fortunately I have just the tool for dealing with it.

I totally thought that was a lightsaber.

Please, there must be a way to add these events back in. Most of the dialogue seems to be recorded and I imagine some other aspects have been completed.

Let's face it, the game needs patching anyway, so why not get this stuff back in?

As it stands, the game is enjoyable until after the Jedi Council scenes on Dantooine, when the endgame just goes straight down hill, with nothing really making any sense, and things are just sloppy all around. While they may not straighten everything out, they sure as hell will make the endgame on Malachor a hell of a lot more interesting, and much more satisfying. The Influence system means absolutely jack with the current endgame. It doesn't matter if you play light or dark, the characters who follow you ultimately have no point at all being there in the first place with things as they are. Very sad, considering this is an otherwise superb game.

I really don't care who's decision it was to cut this stuff, but get it back in. I will say this, though it amounts to little: I will not touch a single OE or LA product again if these events are not put back in. They improve the overall experience of the game, making it, in my eyes, better than the original. Honestly, without these scenes, one might as well solo the game (if it were possible), since the NPCs ultimately amount to nothing of consequence. My first time through as LS, the whole sequence with Mira and Hanharr led me to believe there might be something significant from the other characters to happen, but nope. AFter that, POOF!, NPCs are gone and all we get is a lame dialogue from Kreia about what happens to them (as if any LS or DS character would even believe her after recent events).

Hell, I'd be willing to pay a small fee to get those scenes added back in! Something like $10 and I'd have no argument. LA loves to milk the Star Wars cash cow, well here's a golden opportunity. These scenes should never have been cut, but hey, what's done is done. Get them back in there and you'll have a huge community of very, very happy fans who will pile on for the inevitable sequel.

It should be like a mark of blantant fanboiism if you really liked the game, especially inlight of this, forever cast down from the artistic role call

call me a fanboi then but i love kotor2 more than kotor1

O.K. Fanboi, but then someone has to do what they're told, otherwise we wouldn't have Britney Spears, or the new U2 album.

Zelshin's right even though I shelled out $50 for the game, I wouldn't object to them "revisting" the game. It is quite solid up until you return to Dantoonie

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Hey all :cool:

I did too some investigation in the game folders... and I found some things up. I already posted this at StarWarsKnights forums, but I think it's useful to post it here too.

Note: The links contain the audio files for that dialogue. You can listen to them with any media player.

About the HK factory

Listen to them Here

[HK is torturing an HK-50 unit to make him confess the location of the HK Factory]

47: Command: You will talk.

50: Defiant Statement: There is nothing you can do to me. Do your worst.

{Being electrocuted}Agonized Exclamation: Ah, my photoreceptors! My photoreceptors!

47: Statement: I shall up the charge to your circuits next time. Now answer the question.

50: {Just electrocuted, a little weak}Posturing Statement: I will never talk.

47: Statement: Then I will have to settle for your screams.

Atton: {Watching HK torture the droid, shaking his head, disturbed}That is one sick droid.

{The HK-50 unit screams in a most comical way}

47: Statement: My prisoner has revealed something of interest. Allow me to share it with you.

Statement: The facility that is creating these cruder, unsophisticated versions of me is located on Telos. I propose we go there and turn it into a smoldering crater.

There are some dialog lines too involving some training the HK units undertook in the facility, like victim torturing/interrogating techniques that are HILARIOUS (It includes a masoquist unit and a begging unit :p ). HK-47 managed to enter the factory and destroyed the HK-50s with help from the new HK-51s. These last units question -47 about their purpose in the universe, and he answers in a most enjoyable way...

These lines also express some of HK-47 feelings towards its former party members... put them up just for fun :D Never thought Bastila could be sooo sexy :ph34r: hahaha

About Remote and G0T0

OOk. Got it. Wanna know what was really intended to happen in that final scene in Malachor V with Remote and G0-T0 in it? Our beloved assassin droid was supposed to save the day! Yes, in the StreamVoice\901\sensorfi folder of your game, several audio files indicate that just when poor little Remote was going to be terminated by "the fat-one", HK-47 jumped in scene to stop him. G0-T0 had some aces up its sleeve, too, as a bunch of HK-51 droids were there to protect him from -47. Nevertheless, those droids couldn't harm their predecessor, and followed only HK-47 commands, so they shut down the "fat-one" instead. Why did the droids obey -47 and why didn't we get to see this scene? One simple answer: because it involved actions taken out at the HK factory, which Goto controlled, and which was completely cut out from the game.

About some Atton lines

Listen to them Here

{X-Box Live}I'm Atton. I actually wasn't supposed to make it into the final game, but I was created at the last minute. Blame my agent. I was actually slated for a spin-off to Jedi Knight, but I don't want to talk about what happened there.

{[X-Box Live] Looks up, sees an attractive woman in underwear, appreciative but slightly sarcastic. Wide-eyed innocent, like Anakin in Episode 1}Are you an angel?

Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it.

Those lines just CRACKED ME UP!! It was obviously some content intended for X-box live users. But that are you an angel line.... now, seriously :D I dunno if it happens when you beat the game in both LS/DS mode, like someone mentioned.

To listen to the sound files in the folders, you can either use Miles Sound Studio OR rename all the *.wav to .mp3. Works both ways.

This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.

I'm betting they were left there for us to find, so that we could all voice our total disgust at whoever is responsible for cutting it all.

From all that I have read and listened to in the sound files, these additions would triple my enjoyment of this game.

Whoever made the call to have all of this cut, I say only this....well done, knucklehead.

This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history.  Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.

I'm betting they were left there for us to find, so that we could all voice our total disgust at whoever is responsible for cutting it all.

From all that I have read and listened to in the sound files, these additions would triple my enjoyment of this game.

Whoever made the call to have all of this cut, I say only this....well done, knucklehead.

No kidding, but at least you can listen to the dialogue files. I wish I had the PC version. Then at least I could listen to those lines involving Atton's redemption... maybe I will eventually if I"m desperate enough. *extreme irritated sigh!*

The most interesting question is "why?". We have yet to be given a reason for this "disaster".

Haven't the developers always lured us with statements like "Bad things will happen to good people"?

I suppose that a "complete" version of KotOR2 indeed existed and was tested:

Quote taken from an online game magazine:

LucasArts tell us that various team members cried during testing, and not because of bugs. If it can reduce those developing it to emotional wrecks, just imagine what it could do to us.

"emotional wrecks"? Is this the reason why they left the scenes out in the final version?

And if you read what some reviewers have written about the influence system of the game ("influence with a character will especially be important at the end of the game"), you could come to the conclusion that this stuff has been in some early press releases.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Hi all, new to the forum here, but couldn't help but notice this interesting thread.

I did some sifting through the voice folders and pieced together two of the scenes for your listening pleasure:

Atton's Death

Atton's "Need any company?" Bit

I added some music to hopefully make it feel more appropriate, and tried to space out the dialogue for more dramatic effect. What do you think? :ph34r:

Hi all, new to the forum here, but couldn't help but notice this interesting thread. 

I did some sifting through the voice folders and pieced together two of the scenes for your listening pleasure:

Atton's Death

I added some music to hopefully make it feel more appropriate, and tried to space out the dialogue for more dramatic effect.  What do you think?  :ph34r:

I love you.

Atton's Death

I added some music to hopefully make it feel more appropriate, and tried to space out the dialogue for more dramatic effect.  What do you think?  :ph34r:

Find a modder and get that in the game.

And that second bit would be really good with a force ghost Atton.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

It is a sad day indeed when we're doing the job of the developers and putting an ending to the game that should have been there in the first place.

'Tis a sad day indeed. Hopefully, though, someone may be able to fix it.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

Hey all  :cool:

I did too some investigation in the game folders... and I found some things up. I already posted this at  StarWarsKnights forums, but I think it's useful to post it here too.

Note: The links contain the audio files for that dialogue. You can listen to them with any media player.

About the HK factory

Listen to them Here

[HK is torturing an HK-50 unit to make him confess the location of the HK Factory]

47: Command: You will talk.

50: Defiant Statement: There is nothing you can do to me. Do your worst.

{Being electrocuted}Agonized Exclamation: Ah, my photoreceptors! My photoreceptors!

47: Statement: I shall up the charge to your circuits next time. Now answer the question.

50: {Just electrocuted, a little weak}Posturing Statement: I will never talk.

47: Statement: Then I will have to settle for your screams.

Atton: {Watching HK torture the droid, shaking his head, disturbed}That is one sick droid.

{The HK-50 unit screams in a most comical way}

47: Statement: My prisoner has revealed something of interest. Allow me to share it with you.

Statement: The facility that is creating these cruder, unsophisticated versions of me is located on Telos. I propose we go there and turn it into a smoldering crater.

There are some dialog lines too involving some training the HK units undertook in the facility, like victim torturing/interrogating techniques that are HILARIOUS (It includes a masoquist unit and a begging unit  :geek: ). HK-47 managed to enter the factory and destroyed the HK-50s with help from the new HK-51s. These last units question -47 about their purpose in the universe, and he answers in a most enjoyable way...

These lines also express some of HK-47 feelings towards its former party members... put them up just for fun  :D  Never thought Bastila could be sooo sexy  :ph34r: hahaha

About Remote and G0T0

OOk. Got it. Wanna know what was really intended to happen in that final scene in Malachor V with Remote and G0-T0 in it? Our beloved assassin droid was supposed to save the day! Yes, in the StreamVoice\901\sensorfi folder of your game, several audio files indicate that just when poor little Remote was going to be terminated by "the fat-one", HK-47 jumped in scene to stop him. G0-T0 had some aces up its sleeve, too, as a bunch of HK-51 droids were there to protect him from -47. Nevertheless, those droids couldn't harm their predecessor, and followed only HK-47 commands, so they shut down the "fat-one" instead. Why did the droids obey -47 and why didn't we get to see this scene? One simple answer: because it involved actions taken out at the HK factory, which Goto controlled, and which was completely cut out from the game.

About some Atton lines

Listen to them Here

{X-Box Live}I'm Atton. I actually wasn't supposed to make it into the final game, but I was created at the last minute. Blame my agent. I was actually slated for a spin-off to Jedi Knight, but I don't want to talk about what happened there.

{[X-Box Live] Looks up, sees an attractive woman in underwear, appreciative but slightly sarcastic. Wide-eyed innocent, like Anakin in Episode 1}Are you an angel?

Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it.

Those lines just CRACKED ME UP!!  It was obviously some content intended for X-box live users. But that are you an angel line.... now, seriously  :D  I dunno if it happens when you beat the game in both LS/DS mode, like someone mentioned. 

To listen to the sound files in the folders, you can either use Miles Sound Studio OR rename all the *.wav to .mp3. Works both ways.

Sticky it! Sticky it now! (w00t)

manthing2.jpg

Wow - this entire thread astounds me.

...that "Atton Death" audio is SPECTACULAR - actually makes me like Atton a whole lot more.

Wow.

I'm quite pissed that this amazing storyline stuff was cut from the game, I don't believe it. It was such a ****ty ending, and now we know why...all the "sensible storyline" endings were cut from the end, all this really awesome stuff - gone.