Cut Ending Stuff

wow, that last scene where To the other stuff it all could have been so great and Obsidian just left it on the editing room floor, that is the most depressing part. They could have had such a better game and they threw it all away just for a Xmas release and a crappy product

Oh Bioware, please save us!

please just stop. LucasArts wanted an Xmas release so the game got an Xmas release. Done and done. Obsidian got a schedule which LA short changed and they had to make cuts.

Bioware most likely would have been in just as much of a bind in such a short dev cycle.

Obsidian were the ones who signed a contract saying that LucasArts could do that. That they signed that contract means that at least to my mind, they shoulder quite a bit of the blame for the rushed release and unfinished game.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Obsidian were the ones who signed a contract saying that LucasArts could do that.  That they signed that contract means that at least to my mind, they shoulder quite a bit of the blame for the rushed release and unfinished game.

True, but a game with the popularity of KotOR and NWN2 are godsends to OE, who are trying to build their own company and name familiarity. It may not ended the best, and maybe they should have passed it up or demanded a better contract, but they may have been under the impression that LucasArts would give them time. I believe they thought that, otherwise, they would have made the story more concise so that it COULD fit in one game.

Has their been better communication about the release date from the beginning, I imagine OE would have either had the time they needed or built the basic game, then started adding in sidequest and character interaction once the main stuff was finished.

But then, I may be wrong.

It should be like a mark of blantant fanboiism if you really liked the game, especially inlight of this, forever cast down from the artistic role call

I wouldn't quite put it like, but it certainly cheapens the ending we did recieve after seeing these deleted(or never implemented) scenes.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they will release a 'content' patch for it.

I defintely would, it goes along way to show how certain people are predisposed to liking the game no matter what.

BTW I love the Ed avatar

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Obsidian were the ones who signed a contract saying that LucasArts could do that.  That they signed that contract means that at least to my mind, they shoulder quite a bit of the blame for the rushed release and unfinished game.

True, but a game with the popularity of KotOR and NWN2 are godsends to OE, who are trying to build their own company and name familiarity. It may not ended the best, and maybe they should have passed it up or demanded a better contract, but they may have been under the impression that LucasArts would give them time. I believe they thought that, otherwise, they would have made the story more concise so that it COULD fit in one game.

Has their been better communication about the release date from the beginning, I imagine OE would have either had the time they needed or built the basic game, then started adding in sidequest and character interaction once the main stuff was finished.

But then, I may be wrong.

Oh, of course, it's not entirely their fault by any stretch of the imagination, but the more they stonewall us with absolutely no help, information, apology, patch, or even an acknowledgement of the problems, that slice of the blame gets larger, because the pie is getting bigger. At first, I wasn't too bothered, but the fact that no one from Obsidian has been seen anywhere near the technical support forum when plenty of other development companies (Bioware...) have their development teams regularly visit the technical support forums is making me, and many others, gradually more and more frustrated by Obsidian.

It's not so much the bugged release, it's the lack of after-sale support.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

What do you expect OE to say? If what we all suspect is true, that LA moved up the completion date late in development to meet a XMas release for XBox, then I doubt OE will come out and say that. Sure, they could be like Troika and blame the publisher for what resulted, but look where that has gotten Troika - they may or may not be around much longer because they've had public spats with three publishers (Sierra/Vivendi, Atari, and now Activision).

I assume there will be a Kotor 3 someday, mainly because indications are that Kotor 2 sold well enough on the XBox alone to justify it. We know that Kotor 3 was in development up until last fall internally at LA. It's possible that OE is now in the running to do Kotor 3, but even if they are not, either way they gain nothing by burning bridges with LA.

What do you expect OE to say?  If what we all suspect is true, that LA moved up the completion date late in development to meet a XMas release for XBox, then I doubt OE will come out and say that.  Sure, they could be like Troika and blame the publisher for what resulted, but look where that has gotten Troika - they may or may not be around much longer because they've had public spats with three publishers (Sierra/Vivendi, Atari, and now Activision). 

I assume there will be a Kotor 3 someday, mainly because indications are that Kotor 2 sold well enough on the XBox alone to justify it.  We know that Kotor 3 was in development up until last fall internally at LA.  It's possible that OE is now in the running to do Kotor 3, but even if they are not,  either way they gain nothing by burning bridges with LA.

I expect, at the very least, them to come out and say something along the lines of "We are aware that there are some major technical issues in The Sith Lords. We are working on the problem." Even a "Screw you all, we're not patching this." would be better than me sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for them to release a patch that may not even materialise.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I expect, at the very least, them to come out and say something along the lines of "We are aware that there are some major technical issues in The Sith Lords.  We are working on the problem."  Even a "Screw you all, we're not patching this." would be better than me sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for them to release a patch that may not even materialise.

Yes, I agree. I think they should tell us what's going on, at least that they are patching all the bugs.

I don't expect them to get in depth about hte cut out stuff. Lucasarts seems like the type of company (like Marvel, for instance) who would love to sue if they get the chance.

I hope OE pulls a Trial of hte Luremaster. I don't expect it though.

Ok, I've cleaned the stuff provided by Aurora up, trying to make it more reader friendly.  I also reordered it so that some scenes make more sense, added some comments regarding which should play depending on whether your character's gender and dark/light side alignment, and put in tentative timings on when they should play.  My comments are in <>s, and italicized.

Challenging Kreia <Takes place no matter what.  Lines involving Mira may not be present, if Mira isn't in the party.  Interesting that Bao-Dur may be a Jedi, but he isn't present in any of this.  From the note included with the dialogue the party has before they approach Kreia, the party's discussion of planning an attack shouldn't occur.  I still include it, because I like it.  I had to guess on who said most of it, but it seems about right.  Takes place right as the Exile enters the Academy.>

{[Gameplay Programmer: DO NOT SCRIPT THIS. Kreia is sitting in the middle of the Trayus Core, meditating.]}

Mira: {Quietly}I say we fire a rocket at her right now, and blow her screaming, burning body into the heart of this planet.

Atton: It wouldn't work- if there were other distractions, maybe, if she wasn't telepathic, maybe. If you want to kill her like that, you need something else to occupy her attention, otherwise you might just wound her. And then we'd all be in trouble.

Disciple/Handmaiden: This battle will not be decided by weapons.

Visas: You are wrong. Manipulation is Kreia's strength, not battle. We have a chance... we just have to figure out how to make use of it. Let us see what transpires... and plan our attack.{[Gameplay Programmer: Pauses, looks around, realizes that Atton is gone.]}{[Gameplay Programmer: Fight between Atton and Kreia, short, quick, brutal.]}

<Kreia sits back down, if the above occurs.  If so, Atton doesn't give his line, nor does she speak to him at the end.>

Mira: {With weapon at the ready}We've come a long way, Kreia... don't bother getting up.

Kreia: {Indulgent, doesn't move}Ah, the huntress. To come alone... you are braver than I thought.

Disciple/Handmaiden:  She is not alone. We stand with her. And with her, stand all the Jedi.{Strides in, behind other Jedi, lightsaber raised}

Atton: And now I come in, saying something suitably heroic.

Kreia: {Mild contempt, doesn't even bother getting up}Children with lightsabers... {smiles contemptuously, beat}but not Jedi, I think.

Kreia: {[Gameplay Programmer: Kreia gets up.]}Come close, let me look upon you and see what the exile's teaching has forged.

Kreia: {[Gameplay Programmer: Looks across the "heroes," camera pans across them - just do a series of close ups if we have no animated camera]}An assassin, a slayer of her own kin, a blinded slave... and a fool.{Indulgent}Which of you wishes to try yourselves against me? As you can see, I am unarmed.

Kreia: <turns to Handmaiden, if Exile is male> You, perhaps? Come, child, where you walk, it is not far from battle, slaughter, and the blood of your sisters.

Kreia: <turns to Disciple, if Exile is female> Come, boy, face me now - do not make this one of the many battles you have run from.

{[Disciple/Handmaiden attacks, Kreia barely moves, deftly avoiding every blow, then gets bored, and grabs the Handmaiden/Disciple by the throat, or in a Force Crush.]}

<if Exile male, to Handmaiden> Think. Think before you throw away your life for him. Think of everything you will lose by dying.Your lusts unfulfilled. A dance, unfinished. A love, requited. Think before you give it up so quickly.

<if Exile female, to Disciple> Think. Think before you throw away your life for her. Think of everything you will lose by dying. A love, requited. A hope of another life, beyond the shadow of the Jedi. {Beat before last sentence}Think before you give it up so quickly.

<presumably the Disciple/Handmaiden collapses at this point>

Kreia: {[Gameplay Programmer: Kreia turns to Visas.]}And you, blind one, you have hungered to strike me down ever since you saw the bond the exile and I share.

Visas: Can you feel the Force running through me, even past the veil, past your bloodied eyes? You know you cannot win. The Force runs strong within you, Traya, but in the howling of a storm, it is difficult to hear the whisper of the blade. You have forever been the blind one. You were given a gift few are ever given, and yet you let your gift of sight warp you, tw-

Kreia: {[Calm, like a surgeon, Kreia does Force Crush, lifting Visas up.]}You think your existence under your Lord was torture, Miraluka? I will make you see.{[Pause as Visas lies, collapsed.]}

Kreia: {Turns to Mira} And you. You were stronger than I thought - to spare the beast that wished to kill you. I felt it, faintly, even here on Malachor. Come, huntress. You have tracked me so far and killed many beasts to be here. Come, huntress. You have tracked me so far. Cast away your past for this moment. <Presumably, Kreia disables Mira somehow, probably Force Crush>

Kreia: <turns to Atton> And now... at last, the fool. You only delay the inevitable. You have been difficult to sense before... but not now. You can cloak your mind only for so long. It is only a matter of coaxing the right thought to the surface. Your desire to protect the Jedi... and the hope that will kill the guilt inside you.

Kreia: <if Exile is male> He will fall before me, you know. And when I am done with him, I will watch as he murders you with the Force.

Kreia: <if Exile is female> It is only a matter of coaxing the right thought to the surface. Your desire to protect the Jedi... and the hope that she truly cares about you...She will fall before me, you know. And when I am done with her, she will view you with all the contempt I do for a murderer such as you.

<Atton collapses in despair, or Kreia disables him with Force Crush.>

Kreia: <to Sion?> And that is the last of them. Take them. They are strong in the Force... and they will have their uses. I will remain here and await the one who comes.

Atton torture/death/love:  <This set of scenes should be shown if the Exile is female, and has more Influence with Atton than with the Disciple.  I did some heavy reordering of this, to help it make more sense.  Also, I took part of it that didn't seem to "fit", and made it into a seperate scene.>

<The first scene of two should be about the time you enter the second area of the Academy, the Proving Grounds.>

{[Cut to a scene of Sion's face, smiling.]}{[sion advances through the halls. Atton comes to face him, looking a little sheepish. Darth Sion draws his blade against Atton.] }

Sion: And I get the fool.

Atton: Funny - that's just what I was thinking.{[Gameplay Programmer: Sion levitates Atton into the air, holding him in place.]}

{[At the end, Sion cuts off his arm, then leaves Atton on the ground, writhing in pain but Atton staggers to his feet, still wounded. Sion stops, turns.]}

Atton: {Weakly, just had hand cut off}Running away? I'm not done with you yet.

Sion: Nor I you. {Levitates Atton}I will remake you. So when I look upon you it shall be like a mirror. Then I shall let you die.

Atton: There's... nothing worse you can do to me. Take your time.

<The second scene of two should be on the path to the Core, right after you fight Sion.  The player actually seems to get a choice in this dialogue, if I'm interpreting the text correctly.  It's listed the same way dialogue in the game is listed.  Again, only if you are female, and have higher Influence with Atton than the Disciple.>

{[Gameplay Programmer: Player walks down the path, sees Atton's crumpled body. Player kneels, Atton's choked voice, dying. Atton's words slur a bit in places because of the pain, and his voice should get weaker all the way until the end.]}

Atton: You're... alive. Did... I... save you yet?Your eyes... {sees player's horrified expression}that bad, eh? {Turns away, quiet}Always was ugly.... now the outside matches. Was waiting for this, but...S' not fair... let you down...

Player:

1.  Atton, hold on, I can still help you.

2.  Shhh... you've lost a lot of blood.

3.  Yes. Be still.

4.  Malachor touched all of us. We all died there, and the echo kept traveling. It just took a while to reach us.

Atton: {winces, in pain}was s'posed to save you. S' tired of living anyway... too many deaths... {winces, a little quieter}never told you... lied to you...{Dry chuckle}

Player:

1.  I think we all saved each other.... Visas, the Handmaiden, Kreia. And you, Atton.

2.  I think we were all supposed to save each other.... Visas, the Handmaiden, Kreia. And you, Atton.

3.  You did, Atton. You fought bravely, and I could not ask for a greater sacrifice.

Atton: {Laugh dies, Pained, humiliated, doesn't want the player to see him dying}I don't want you to see me like this. I don't want to die in front of you. Can't bear it. Loved you from the moment I first saw you, thought you were a dream......meant every word... tried to play it off as a joke... wasn't funny...

Player:

1.  All that was your past is forgiven, Atton. Be still.

2.  You never needed to tell me, Atton. I knew.

3.  If you're trying to get rid of me, it's not working.

4.  There is no death, Atton. There is only the Force.

5.  No. I will stay with you until the end comes.

Atton: {Dry chuckle}Hurts when I laugh. Hurts...You... saved me... joke's on me...{Dry chuckle, winces}Hurts when I laugh. Hurts...{[Gameplay Programmer: Atton doesn't turn as he says the above sentence.]}

{[slow fade of the sound below as the camera pulls back. Adam, this animation request has been fired off to the animators.]}

Atton, warped to the darkside, attacks Disciple:  <This scene should be shown if the Exile is female, and has more Influence with Disciple than Atton.  It takes place right as you enter the second area of the Academy, the Proving Grounds.>

{[Disciple walks into the room, looking around. As he looks around, Atton steps from behind him, in a creepy, yet casual way.]}

Atton: Hey, kid.

Disciple: {Initially relieved}Atton... the exile, where is she?

Atton: {Shrugs, but evil}She's safe, you don't need to worry about her. You never did, really. You know how long it's been since I killed a Jedi? You get a taste for it, you know. I killed a bunch here on Malachor, while the planet was dying. <ed. note-this doesn't make much sense-right up until after Malachor, Revan was still a Jedi, albeit a rogue Jedi, and Atton would have been serving with the Republic still-so why would he be killing Jedi?>

Atton: Killing a half-Jedi like you should hold me over until the next one comes along. They always do, you know.

Disciple: {Firm}Atton, Kreia is using y- {"using you"}

Atton: Really? I had no idea. Everyone uses each other, kid. And if she's using me to kill you, as I see it, I really don't lose anything.I already lost what mattered to me. I wanted to protect her, to help her, and then you show up, playing hero. Fine.

Disciple: {Firm}Atton, the feelings between the exile and I...

Atton: Doesn't matter, not anymore. I had forgotten how much I hate Jedi. And the less of you that are in the galaxy, the better.Ready to die, kid?

Disciple: {Firm}I won't fight you, Atton.

Atton:I don't care - I just want you to die.{[Atton draws his weapon at the end.]}{[starts advancing toward Disciple]}

Disciple: {[Gets into ready stance.]}

Visas fighting Handmaidens: <Play this scene if the Exile is male, and has more Influence with Visas than with the Handmaiden.  I cut some of it because it didn't really have anything to do with Visas fighting the Handmaiden.  This scene takes place at about the time you first enter the second are of the Academy, the Proving Grounds.>

<Alternatively, this might just be a scene for Handmaidens vs. Visas, not THE Handmaiden vs. Visas.  Not sure if this is the case, I'm going to assume it's THE Handmaiden vs. Visas.  If it's just generic Handmaidens, this scene might take place right after or before the Mira vs. Hanharr scene.>

{[Gameplay Programmer: Have a scene where Visas is walking amongst the corridors of the Academy.]}{She stops, waits for a moment, draws her blade, as the corrupted Handmaidens step from the shadows, like Darth Vader when Luke is going down beneath Bespin. She'll draw her blade.}

Handmaiden: A Sith stalking amongst the Sith. Your kind fear each other, betrayers and murderers, all.

Visas: Sister of the Echani, you must listen to me. Kreia is using your feeling ag...

Handmaiden: Be silent. I have listened to you corrupt others... the exile... with your words. I have seen you erode his will, bit by bit, over our journey until he echoes your corruption. {Trying to be challenging, but pained} And because of you, I have lost one for whom I cared deeply.

Visas: You must listen to me.

Handmaiden: No. There will be no more words between us{[The two draw weapons as the screen fades to black.]}

Handmaiden/Visas:  <This set of scenes should be shown if the Exile is male, and the character speaking is whoever the character has more Influence with.>

<Alternatively, the Handmaiden might be present if you are light side, Visas if you are dark side.>

<Either way, it should take place right after you fight Kreia.>

Handmaiden/Visas:  You are leaving? I... I would come with you, if you will allow it.

Player?: No, I require you to stay here, at the Trayus Core, and train others, as Kreia trained me. You... cannot come with me. I need someone to stay here at the edge of known space, and show others the way. I need someone to show them the way. As Kreia showed me the way.

Handmaiden/Visas:  Others? What do you mean?

Player?: Kreia spoke of Revan, and another war that waits beyond the Outer Rim. You must gather forces here, and wait. Yes, others will come. And you must train them until they are ready to pass on to the next war.

Handmaiden/Visas:  Others?I... shall do as you ask. I shall train others who will follow.{Quietly, knows the answer is never} When will you return? I will do as you ask. If it is important to you, I shall see it through. Your journey... will you return?

Player?: Where I go, I cannot take anyone I care for. You must remain, for others will come.

{[Gameplay Programmer: Player walks off, in silence, and keeps walking toward the Trayus Core, and is gone. The Handmaiden (or Visas) watches the player for a time, without saying anything.]}

<Note that the above scene could take place if you are female, but only if the scene below doesn't take place.>

{[As the player walks off the Core, Atton is leaning against a pillar, off to the side.]} <This scene should take place if the PC is female, and assumes that Atton didn't fight either Sion or the Disciple.  Think of it as an alternative to Sion killing him, if you're getting all teary eyed over that possibility.  If it does take place, it occurs instead of the Handmaiden/Visas dialogue above, and right after you fight Kreia.>

Atton:  {Trying to be casual, but wants to go with the player}Need any company? {Beat, casual}I mean, I'm not doing anything. Besides, if I'm not around to bail you out of trouble, who knows what could happen.

<player says something at this point, something the lines of "sure you can come">

Atton:  All right, then. {Beat}Where are we going again? I mean, because last time, we were heading toward this mining colony on the edge of space, and there was this Sith Lord, and...

<Cut to credits, scene of Ebon Hawk taking off, whatever.>

Shocked.jpg

manthing2.jpg

Challenging Kreia <Takes place no matter what.  Lines involving Mira may not be present, if Mira isn't in the party.  Interesting that Bao-Dur may be a Jedi, but he isn't present in any of this.  From the note included with the dialogue the party has before they approach Kreia, the party's discussion of planning an attack shouldn't occur.  I still include it, because I like it.  I had to guess on who said most of it, but it seems about right.  Takes place right as the Exile enters the Academy.>

Kreia: {Mild contempt, doesn't even bother getting up}Children with lightsabers... {smiles contemptuously, beat}but not Jedi, I think.

Kreia: {[Gameplay Programmer: Kreia gets up.]}Come close, let me look upon you and see what the exile's teaching has forged.

You know, I was talking to someone who listened to the audio files and she said that it's not Kreia who's talking - it's Atris. So that line about how "we were supposed to save each other" and it mentions Kreia...

2. I think we were all supposed to save each other.... Visas, the Handmaiden, Kreia. And you, Atton.

Means that originally maybe Kreia could have been redeemed? There's that alignment glitch where you can give Kreia LS points and her eyes change colour after all... Maybe Atris kills Kreia back on Telos when the two meet up...

Besides isn't this line:

Spoken by Atris in that KOTOR 2 trailer?

Agh! That means the ending could have been so perfect, so "God's gift to the world" as it were! :'(

umm...look again in the manual.  All PR and marketing, including tech support, is being handled by LA.  OE most likely CANNOT say anything, due to contract.

And as I said before, since they signed that contract, I have no qualms about placing a good deal of the blame, and focusing a good deal of my anger, squarely on Obsidian, because they are a party to that contract. Anything LucasArts forces them to do through that contract is their fault too.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

There are sound waves for both Atris and Kreia speaking the exact same dialogue from that section.

As I recall, when Atris and Kreia are talking after Kreia & Handmaiden return to Telos (when you find out Atris is dark side), Kreia says something along the lines of "there must be a Darth Traya, and if it's not you, then it must be me".

Which implies that, at least insofar as Kreia's grand master plan went, it could've been either of them at Malachor V.

I've been listening to some of the sound files in the game, and it seems that there was alot of interaction between Visas and Mandalore cut from the mission on the Ravager, including a part where Visas heals/raises Mandalore.

Check out the directory here

SWKotOR2\StreamVoice\852

There's also mention of a war outside of the one in TSL that Reven alluded to (KOTOR 3 perhaps?)

I've been listening to some of the sound files in the game, and it seems that there was alot of interaction between Visas and Mandalore cut from the mission on the Ravager, including a part where Visas heals/raises Mandalore.

SWKotOR2\StreamVoice\852

There's also mention of a war outside of the one in TSL that Reven alluded to (KOTOR 3 perhaps?)

Which war? Hyperspace War (from what I gather, this was about the Jedi who found the Sith homeworld returning to the human areas as Sith... I never knew the Sith were a seperate people til this game), Jedi Civil War and Mandalorian Wars.

Did they give it a name?

SWKotOR2\StreamVoice\852

Which war? Hyperspace War (from what I gather, this was about the Jedi who found the Sith homeworld returning to the human areas as Sith... I never knew the Sith were a seperate people til this game), Jedi Civil War and Mandalorian Wars.

Did they give it a name?

NO. Here's the conversation:

Mandalore, to Visas, "You sound like Reven, at the end. Do you know what she told me, as I lay dying on the outer rim? That the Mandalorian Wars were our doom. That we had been decieved, that it had never been our decision to wage war on the Republic. Reven said the Mandalorians didn't invade the Rupublic's space because it was our choice. We were tricked; our entire people sacrificed as pawns, and never knew it!

She said there was a war coming, that it was waiting in the unknown regions, in the dark, waiting for us to destroy each other."

Visas, "A war? This war?"

Mandalore, "No, not this one. Another one, more terrible, against an evil we couldn't begin to comprehend. A war of belief that had been fought for thousands of years. Reven went off to fight it..."

Visas, "... and left you here."

Mandalore, "Reven was one of the greatest military leaders in the galaxy. In history. She had no use for a people who had already been beaten once. She said the time of the Mandalorians was over. The Mandalorian wars had killed us. And she laughed."

Visas, "And that is what burns in your heart, and that is why clan Ordo was reborn: to prove Reven wrong."

Mandalore, "No, not Reven."

This is appears to be the dialog for a DS female Reven. There are a few extra sound files for male and LS combinations.

Awesome, thank you a lot.

It seems that he is referring to the war against the true Sith that is kind of alluded to. However, I'm still not quite sure if this is a philsophical war of ideas, a war of control over the force, or a physical war of death. Or, most likely, all of those.

I would say it would be all of them. TSL wove a layer of subtlety to the wars in KOTOR by adding the war of beliefs, the true war that was carryed by the physical war, and it seems to me that this is how it would be presented in KOTOR 3, if that game is produced.