Cut Ending Stuff

damn this sucks.

I suggest us PC users band together and demand they put this into a patch. :(. It's be a long shot (and a very large patch). I'm mad the ending isn't what it was supposed to be.

Or make Lucas offer Jar Jar Binks as a sacrifice to appease us.

I am definitely going to have to find a way to use those endings.

Damn it... I just read this all again and I am getting more and more angry here. :blink: Hey, Mods? Could you all point a Dev to this thread? Can we get an answer here on why this was cut? Time? Lucas Arts? Someone didn't want a great game and thought that just a good one would go over better? Wanted a lame open-ended game? Thanks, Mods. :geek:

Damn it... I just read this all again and I am getting more and more angry here.  :)  Hey, Mods?  Could you all point  a Dev to this thread?  Can we get an answer here on why this was cut?  Time?  Lucas Arts?  Someone didn't want a great game and thought that just a good one would go over better?  Wanted a lame open-ended game?  Thanks, Mods.    :(

As much as I would like a answer to why so much was left out of the game when it could have been a great ending (and I actually petitioned for one http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29709) I really don't think now we will get one. Obsidian probably had a contract with LA and any explianation would look bad publicly. So as much as I would like it so people could at least understand what happened, I honestly doubt it will happen.

Im guessing it was cut because it would effect how easy it would be to make the third game, because some characters might die in some peoples kotor 2 but not in others, and developers would struggle in ways to find out who survived, and maybe the developers or LA decided that charcters who died in KOTOR2 might be needed to return in KOTOR 3

Sorry, Low, that doesn't wash. If you played DS female Revan, Carth is dead... period. Either you kill him and take over the world or you die with him on the Star Forge. And in that case, Revan is dead, too. Look... we all know that in these games people come back all the time. BGII was hillarious with all of the NPCs that made a cameo... "Aren't you dead?" was a very common and funny response when they showed up. I didn't mind seeing Carth again... or that fact they we talked about Revan who was dead in one of the three KotOR games I played.

Grrrrrrr. :)

Sorry, Low, that doesn't wash.  If you played DS female Revan, Carth is dead... period.  Either you kill him and take over the world or you die with him on the Star Forge.  And in that case, Revan is dead, too.  Look... we all know that in these games people come back all the time.  BGII was hillarious with all of the NPCs that made a cameo... "Aren't you dead?" was a very common and funny response when they showed up.  I didn't mind seeing Carth again... or that fact they we talked about Revan who was dead in one of the three KotOR games I played.

Grrrrrrr.  :)

That's debatable, Bioware said that they designed KotOR with the idea of only making one game in the franchise. However, just before the game was completed, Lucasarts got other plans.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sorry, Low, that doesn't wash.  If you played DS female Revan, Carth is dead... period.  Either you kill him and take over the world or you die with him on the Star Forge.  And in that case, Revan is dead, too.  Look... we all know that in these games people come back all the time.  BGII was hillarious with all of the NPCs that made a cameo... "Aren't you dead?" was a very common and funny response when they showed up.  I didn't mind seeing Carth again... or that fact they we talked about Revan who was dead in one of the three KotOR games I played.

Grrrrrrr.  :p

Er... correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty the ending in which you die with Carth on the Star Forge was cut from the final game, and is only accessible using a mod.

{[As the player walks off the Core, Atton is leaning against a pillar, off to the side.]} <This scene should take place if the PC is female, and assumes that Atton didn't fight either Sion or the Disciple.  Think of it as an alternative to Sion killing him, if you're getting all teary eyed over that possibility.  If it does take place, it occurs instead of the Handmaiden/Visas dialogue above, and right after you fight Kreia.>

Atton:  {Trying to be casual, but wants to go with the player}Need any company? {Beat, casual}I mean, I'm not doing anything. Besides, if I'm not around to bail you out of trouble, who knows what could happen.

<player says something at this point, something the lines of "sure you can come">

Atton:  All right, then. {Beat}Where are we going again? I mean, because last time, we were heading toward this mining colony on the edge of space, and there was this Sith Lord, and...

<Cut to credits, scene of Ebon Hawk taking off, whatever.>

Does anyone else get the feeling that Atton is a force ghost at this point? It just seems like a bittersweet moment with a lost companion who is the only one who can go with you.

Grrrrrrr.  :p

Er... correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty the ending in which you die with Carth on the Star Forge was cut from the final game, and is only accessible using a mod.

You are wrong. I didn't mod my game and I played that ending and it is beautifully written.

Well that sounds familiar ... were did I seen it ...

Oh, its Planescape:Torment.

Sorry but if I want to play PS:T I go play PS:T ... this is Star Wars and so such ending makes no sense, its good it was removed.

Wait, you've managed to get PS:T running on a modern machine? Tell me how, I haven't been able to play that game for years.

Grrrrr!!!! I am so disappointed. I liked the game. The ending was okay.

But they cut that???? Damnit! What the hell where they thinking?

The game would've been ten times better with an ending like that. I just don't belive it. It was a masterpiece and they just throw it down the drain...

Now that we know about the "real" ending, LA should be thinking about making a patch that will allow this ending to be in the game. There are a lot of dissapointed and ANGRY fans around here....

And I don't blame OE. They just followed orders from LA.

I am so pissed off....

Well that sounds familiar ... were did I seen it ...

Oh, its Planescape:Torment.

Sorry but if I want to play PS:T I go play PS:T ... this is Star Wars and so such ending makes no sense, its good it was removed.

Wait, you've managed to get PS:T running on a modern machine? Tell me how, I haven't been able to play that game for years.

It runs great on my machine. Athalong 2600 +, 512 megs of ram, and a Radeon 9600 XT video card, and audigy2 soundcard.

I'm in the middile of a game right now playing an evil charcter. I don't play that often. It's never been one of my favourite games, I couldn't get into it like BG2. I only finished it once. But I do want to finish my evil character game.

I wish I hadn't read this thread. I although thought the ending was a bit flat was sustained with a damn good game, with a not so good ending... not the first time either. But after seeing what could/should of been and isn't makes the end I have seem even worse...

Not a happy camper at all.... as has been said this game was top shelf all the way through (in my opnion anyway) all apart from the ending. You add in endings like this and it just completes a masterpiece. No ifs, no buts but stellar game.

Seriously if this was an in house call at OE then someone, or hell multiple people need firing.... if it was a Lucas Art's call.... you guys are cutting off your nose for profit. Seriously if you want to keep milking the cash cow that is Star Wars the best way to do that is to give your teams the time space and money to make it work for you in a favourable way. You stand to make yourself more money by making sure that all your products are the best they can be.. Rushing them out the door is counter productive.