Freeze on return to Dxun

Fucho

After i finish with Onderon and I am to return to Dxun game simply freezes. I get to the shutle, see the movie, get that conversation with Mandalor and then when Atton comes to the scene game freezes.

It is not like a crash, I can move the mouse, ppl on scene are moving like they do when are idle but I get no dialog, can not go to the main menu or anything. Only thing I can do is open up a task manager and end task KOTOR 2.

OS is WinXP sp2 on t-bred 2400+, 512 mb ram and Gf5900xt.

i am also having this problem, Please someone help me, i tried reloading it, i tried waiting for halfg an hour to see if it fixes itself but nothing, i even went to a save 2 hours before to see if i could change things i have done so it would not happen, these things did not work. Please help.

After i finish with Onderon and I am to return to Dxun game simply freezes. I get to the shutle, see the movie, get that conversation with Mandalor and then when Atton comes to the scene game freezes.

It is not like a crash, I can move the mouse, ppl on scene are moving like they do when are idle but I get no dialog, can not go to the main menu or anything. Only thing I can do is open up a task manager and end task KOTOR 2.

OS is WinXP sp2 on t-bred 2400+, 512 mb ram and Gf5900xt.

SAME PROBLEM This is really annoying... I tried playing fromt the last save point, and that didn't work, it ended up freezing at Dxun again... I even reverted my Nvidia drivers to old ones (pre-66.93) but that didn't work...

My last effort will be to try the new 'beta' version of the driver (67.33) from http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download...p_2k_67.66.html, but I don't have much hope...

I'm so dissappointed because this game is awesome, when/if playable...

Oh, and there is something you can do other than 'alt-ctrl-delete' --> pressing 'alt-F4' will let you shut down too :)

I even reverted my Nvidia drivers to old ones (pre-66.93) but that didn't work...

My last effort will be to try the new 'beta' version of the driver (67.33) from http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download...p_2k_67.66.html, but I don't have much hope...

Okay I tried the new drivers... didn't resolve anything...

My last problem was when I was leaving Telos, and I had a black screen (even though I could hear stuff, I just couldn't see anything) - that was only resolved by repeating the level from a previous save...

I don't think that'll work for this problem

ANYONE, anyone have any ideas? I'm beginning to hate this game ;) (and maybe the developers too!)

Hi.

I also encountered this problem when leaving Iziz. I tried to resolve the problem in just about every way I could think of without success. I reloaded several times and it was always the same thing. Finally I reloaded a save game about 5 hours earlier when I was still at Dxun before I went to Isis. I can't really tell what it was I did differently but this time when I returned to Dxun there was no problems at all.

It seems to me that what you do in Iziz does not affect this bug but it is instead something that happens when you arrive there or something you do while at Dxun.

There are a few things I can recall that I did differently when I was at Dxun the second time around.

* I explored some more and found the droid control ship

* I did not save the lost mandalorian (I pressed the button :thumbsup: )

* I finished two rounds in the battle circle (as opposed to just one the first time)

But it can't really se why this would make any difference and it might just be something random as well.

OK Pikachu,

that's weird. But good for you that it worked out ok. Well then I can only state what my settings are when leaving Dxun:

- I have found the droid control ship

- I fought all Mandalorians in the battle circle

- left the Mandalorian alone in his situation (didn't press the button, even more evil than pressing it :p" )

- Played all missions on Dxun except the component mission (the ones you find inside the cannocks) . I didn't go back to the Mandalorian to end the mission.

Maybe all people who have the same issue have some precondition in common .

Let's find out,

Coen

Finally I reloaded a save game about 5 hours earlier when I was still at Dxun before I went to Isis. I can't really tell what it was I did differently but this time when I returned to Dxun there was no problems at all.

I did not have a save before Izis so i had to start the game all over again and the bug did not happen again. Now i keep a save on Ebon Hawk before playing any planet.

It seems it is not connected to anything you do or do not on Dxun or Izis, it is just a random "feature".

FIX FIX FIX FOUND!!!

OK, I was severely pissed when this happened to me but I found out how to fix it... or at least how to avoid it.

I at least had one saved game from early on...

My progress was Telos -> Dantooine ->Nar Dashaa (spell:P) -> Dxun....

My old save was from Nar D'y.... I hated it because I was already a Sith Lord and I had to lose a lot of levels... what I did was I completed Nar Dy again then instead went to Korriban, so I made Dxun my last stop (I went through all the other planets to finish off any left over quests)...

then when I had to go to Onderon, I added the alien dude (forgot his name, -bionic arm) to me and Mandalore...

I finished that, came back, and had no problems, all the cut sceens worked!!

FINALLY, I hope theres no more bugs like this... ugh!

:D

Well, hopefully this will help some of you and not force you to have to start over!

My progress was Telos --> Dantooine --> Korriban --> (Onderon) Dxun, so this means I have to play through the whole game again ??

No way !! :(>_<

I'll wait for the patch instead of some tedious replay scenario, barf................

And also a replay scenario that MAYBE works, what if you'd replayed for 10 (or more) hours and it still didn't work ?

Nevertheless it is strange that you are restrained to a certain "planet visiting order", the manual says nothing of that.......the freedom of the game should be that you can move around at your will.

so I made Dxun my last stop

Dxun was also my last stop, but it obviously didn't help.

My progress was Telos --> Dantooine --> Korriban --> (Onderon) Dxun, so this means I have to play through the whole game again ??

No way !! :rolleyes:  >_<

I'll wait for the patch instead of some tedious replay scenario, barf................

And also a replay scenario that MAYBE works, what if you'd replayed for 10 (or more) hours and it still didn't work ?

Nevertheless it is strange that you are restrained to a certain "planet visiting order", the manual says nothing of that.......the freedom of the game should be that you can move around at your will.

I'll second that!

According to the built-in clock, I've played KOTOR 2 for 34 hours to come that far! There is _absolutely_ NO WAY I'm starting all over again. Especially because it's not guaranteed it will work the next time.

I don't start crying because of simple bugs, I accept that there are bugs in any game, but bugs that are effectively stopping you from FINISHING the game are a completly different league!

Before a patch comes out resolving at least this problem, I won't play it again.